Other Lunar Invasion

neoselket

Ice Queen
I recommend reading my Lunar Event changes suggestion(http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lunar-event-changes.33113/) before reading this one, as it involves things from said suggestion.

Fun fact: Exactly a year ago from around this time, i was working on my Lightning Gear suggestion.

Many people have complained that there is nothing to do after defeating the Moon lord and no use for his drops. This adds an event to use endgame weaponry and banners on.

Celestial Amulet
Tooltip:"Summons an endless army"
Crafted with 10 luminite bars, 5 of each pillar fragment, and 5 ectoplasm
Initiates the lunar invasion
Can be used during day or night

When you use the amulet, it displays the message "Celestial creatures are invading!", initiates the first wave, and gives the "Lunar invasion" buff to all players. The lunar invasion is the final wave event in the game. It has an infinite number of waves, and does not stop when daytime(or nighttime) comes. Each wave requires you to defeat 50 enemies(75 in expert mode) to advance. Plays the towers soundtrack.

Wave 1: Displays the stardust background and spawns twinkle poppers and milkyway weavers. Stardust pillar appears onscreen.

Wave 2: Twinkle poppers, milkyway weavers, and stargazers

Wave 3: All stardust enemies

Wave 4: All stardust enemies. Pillar hatches and spawns the ayeraco horde(from my lunar event changes suggestion). Drops 10 gold coins.

Wave 5: Displays the nebula background and spawns evolution beasts and predictors. Nebula pillar appears onscreen.

Wave 6: Evolution beasts, predictors, and brain sucklers

Wave 7: All nebula enemies

Wave 8: All nebula enemies. Pillar hatches and spawns the nebula eye(from my lunar event changes suggestion). Drops 10 gold coins.

Wave 9: Displays the vortex background and spawns alien larvae and vortexians. Vortex pillar spawns onscreen.

Wave 10: Alien larva, alien hornets, and vortexians

Wave 11: All vortex enemies

Wave 12: All vortex enemies. Pillar hatches and spawns the alien behemoth(also from my lunar event changes suggestion). Drops 10 gold coins.

Wave 13: Displays the solar background and spawn drakomires, drakomire riders, and drakanians. Solar pillar appears onscreen.

Wave 14: Drakomires, drakomire riders, drakanians, and srollers

Wave 15: All solar enemies

Wave 16: All solar enemies. Pillar hatches and spawns the solar guardian(also from my lunar event changes suggestion). Drops 10 gold coins.

Wave 17: All enemies from all pillars

Wave 18: All stardust enemies

Wave 19: All nebula enemies

Wave 20: All vortex enemies

Wave 21: All solar enemies

Wave 22: All pillar bosses

Wave 23: All pillar enemies and bosses

Wave 24: All pillar enemies spawn. All four pillars appear. Once 50 of one type of pillar enemy has died, the pillar will be vulnerable, and spawn its boss when destroyed. When all pillars have been destroyed, a trophy is dropped.

From wave 25 on it repeats the mechanics of the previous waves, but with increased stats for each enemy. This continues until the player dies or cancels the event.

Buff: Lunar invasion
Tooltip: "Right click to cancel"

Once the player right clicks on the buff, it counts down from 60. Then it cancels the event and gives the player a trophy or banner depending on what wave they reached. When placed, they show the wave they represent when moused over. Also, when onscreen they give the "Victory!" buff, with a tooltip saying "You beat wave (number)".

Wave 1-3: Banner titled with the wave number
Wave 4: Tier 1 trophy
Wave 5-7: Banner titled with the wave number
Wave 8: Tier 2 trophy
Wave 9-11: Banner titled with the wave number
Wave 12: Tier 3 trophy
Wave 13-15: Banner titled with the wave number
Wave 16: Tier 4 trophy
Wave 17-21: Banner titled with the wave number
Wave 22: Tier 5 trophy
Wave 23: Tier 6 trophy
Wave 24: Tier 7 trophy
Etc.(It's infinite, i'm not going to keep counting)

This would be a pretty fun event, but maybe instead of having it end by right clicking or when the player dies, it should end when the player "dies", or reaches 0 health or less, but instead of dying the player burst into a flash of light and is left with 100 health left. The event then instantly ends and all creatures run/fly away.

Back
Top Bottom