tModLoader Lunar Weapons Mod --- Post-ML weapons

Reepicheep

The Destroyer
Lunar Weapons Mod V1.0
(Compatible with tModLoader V0.10.1.1)

This mod aims to make life after Moon Lord a bit easier by adding four new weapons, one of each end-game class.

(well that was a short description)

Item stats and crafting
Lunar Sword
Lunarsword.png

"The power of the moon is in your hand."
Stats:
Damage: 165
Very fast use time (15)
Insane knockback (15)
Sell Price: 8 Gold
Rarity: Red (10)
Crafting: 4 Solar Fragments, 4 Nebula Fragments, 4 Stardust Fragments, 4 Vortex Fragments, 5 Luminite Bars @ Ancient Manipulator.
Acts similar to the Starfury, shooting 8 projectiles from the sky, but the twist is that they have a 2 out of 3 chance to bounce.**
Lunar Rifle
Lunarrifle.png

"Feels like it should have more recoil..."
Stats:
Damage: 125
Very fast use time (10)
Very strong knockback (8)
Crafting: 4 Solar Fragments, 4 Nebula Fragments, 4 Stardust Fragments, 4 Vortex Fragments, 5 Luminite Bars @ Ancient Manipulator.
Shoots four bullets, each with it's own behavior.
Lunar Staff
Lunarstaff.png

"Summons the forces of the moon."
Stats:
Damage: 50
Mana: 20
Very slow use time (40)
Inflicts buff: Lunar Wisp
LunarWisp.png
Lunar Light
Lunarlaser.png

"The moon has northern lights too."
Damage: 175*
Mana: 15
Very fast use time (10)
No knockback (0)
Shoots out two homing lights that travel though blocks.

Team
Reepicheep

(lead coder, lead spriter, post management, team overlord, team coordination)

Thanks
Relogic - for making such a great game
tModLoader team - for making tML
tML discord - some programming help
And everyone who helped make the ExampleMod

Warning
It hasn't been tested on multiplayer, though I see no reason for it to not work.
If you happen to test it on multiplayer before I do please let me know how it goes.

Other stuff
*not set in stone.
**While it can bounce 10 times, every time it hits an enemy counts as a bounce, also the chance of it bouncing that many times is very low.
All weapons (excluding the Lunar Staff, as it can't) have a 4% critical hit chance.

Suggestions welcome!
I can't guaranty it'll get into the mod, and it'll help if it follows the theme of the mod. If I do put your suggestion into the mod I'll put you in the thanks section (lame claim to fame!).
Also if you wanted to make a banner/icon that would be amazing, and I'd put you in the team. Assuming I like it, of course.

Downloads
(Let me know if the direct download isn't working)

tModLoader in-game browser: Active
Direct download: Active
Direct download instructions: First make sure you have tModLoader installed, after that click this link, wait a bit, then hit the big green button that says "Download", then there's installation instructions in the folder.​

Last edited:
The sprites look really nice and have a common theme of the four fragments. As for suggestions, do you think you'll add anything for the throwing class? Sure it drops off in hardmode in vanilla, but with mods, it keeps pace with the rest of the classes.

The tModLoader download is active, under the name "Lunar Weapons Mod", or by my username "Reepicheep".

Thanks for the comments! It's nice to have some positive comments first thing. And I actually didn't even think about the throwing class, I think the main thing I don't like about it is that you have to craft more of them whenever you use them.... I'll look into it, maybe there could be an endless one you can craft (like the endless quiver), either that or the crafting will give you a lot (like Luminite bullets or arrows).

The tModLoader download is active, under the name "Lunar Weapons Mod", or by my username "Reepicheep".

Thanks for the comments! It's nice to have some positive comments first thing. And I actually didn't even think about the throwing class, I think the main thing I don't like about it is that you have to craft more of them whenever you use them.... I'll look into it, maybe there could be an endless one you can craft (like the endless quiver), either that or the crafting will give you a lot (like Luminite bullets or arrows).
You could make it non-consumable right off the bat. There seems to be no set standard for consumable or non-consumable throwing weapons in mods.

True, I think I'll do that... and I suppose a new throwing armor would be needed as well (incase some one is using solely my mod and doesn't have end-game throwing armor).

(I feel weird posting this late) how bout a Lunar-ang. That way you could partially have the throwing class. It could Inflict the "On Fire!" Debuff and summon 3 falling stars on impact.

I already am planning to add some kind of throwing weapon, but I'm just having a bit of a hard time deciding what to do, as the four lunar fragments each match to their own class, I may have to add another fragment or try to follow the pattern set out by these weapons.

I was thinking something of an upgraded Shadowflame knife.

You could make it like the Vampire knives so that it could throw 4 daggers (or whatever) out at a time.
[doublepost=1516396992,1516396772][/doublepost]One could inflict (Melee) "Inferno", (magic) one could life steal, (ranged) one could richoche, (summon)... I actually have no ide for this one. Maybe something similar to a beenade.

Lunar Staff looks really cool, and Lunar Light sounds like it'd be fun to use. Although, it does seem I have to many mods at the moment and adding anymore would more than likely de-stabilize my installation... But what the hack. (proceeds to download and install mod.) "Terraria.exe has stopped working, you can never play again, ever."

Lunar Staff looks really cool, and Lunar Light sounds like it'd be fun to use. Although, it does seem I have to many mods at the moment and adding anymore would more than likely de-stabilize my installation... But what the hack. (proceeds to download and install mod.) "Terraria.exe has stopped working, you can never play again, ever."
Never heard of that error before, what the hack.
Is that all it said?
(Half of me is like, this is a joke, the other half is like, if something's wrong I need to fix it.)

I'm assuming you're talking about a sprite on the OP, and I can't put it in there at the moment due to the 'more options' not working, so I'll put it here until that's back up.
lunarwisp.png
(it's animated in-game, maybe once the 'more options' work I'll make a gif of it, all it does is spin though)
Unless you're reporting an issue with the sprite in-game.

Idea for throwing/ranged

Frag grenade launcher
Tooltip : Grenade!
Damage : 196
Will fire using normal rockets but does throwing damage. Can shoot one of four frags:
Solar : Will explode with damaging lava which burns the opponent.
Vortex : Creates a part of the void, which will stay for 3 seconds and do 50 damage to anything it touches.
Nebula : Releases star particles that cling to enemies
Stardust: Makes a slowly dissapating cloud of stardust

Idea for throwing/ranged

Frag grenade launcher
Tooltip : Grenade!
Damage : 196
Will fire using normal rockets but does throwing damage. Can shoot one of four frags:
Solar : Will explode with damaging lava which burns the opponent.
Vortex : Creates a part of the void, which will stay for 3 seconds and do 50 damage to anything it touches.
Nebula : Releases star particles that cling to enemies
Stardust: Makes a slowly dissapating cloud of stardust
Interesting idea, I'd love to add it in.... Just to make sure I have it down right, the frags are shot at random, the Solar explodes in fire (unless you want it to spawn actual lava), the Vortex spawns a void that damages anything that hits it, the Nebula spawns a number of particles (a random between 3 and 5 sounds good) that deal damage and stick to enemies (tracking? Maybe like a swarm of Nebula bees that move on once the enemy is dead, or until they time out?), and Stardust explodes into a cloud that also does damage? If that's right I'd like it if the Vortex void knocks enemies back and the Stardust cloud doesn't.

Interesting idea, I'd love to add it in.... Just to make sure I have it down right, the frags are shot at random, the Solar explodes in fire (unless you want it to spawn actual lava), the Vortex spawns a void that damages anything that hits it, the Nebula spawns a number of particles (a random between 3 and 5 sounds good) that deal damage and stick to enemies (tracking? Maybe like a swarm of Nebula bees that move on once the enemy is dead, or until they time out?), and Stardust explodes into a cloud that also does damage? If that's right I'd like it if the Vortex void knocks enemies back and the Stardust cloud doesn't.
The vortex one will use knockback, and solar is just fire.

Back
Top Bottom