NPCs & Enemies Lunatic Cultist Rework

Which of the Cultist's New phases is your favorite?

• Total voters
The Nebula Blaze is not bad. A base damage of 130 is not bad. The Nebula Arcanum is worse then it. If you are saying the NB is bad then you are saying the Nebula weapons are bad. Trust me they aren't.

Nebula Blaze is bad. Non multihitting base damage of 130 with 15 Use time is abysmal DPS with a massive mana cost to booth. Relies on RNG Blue Shots to deal any real damage, has 0 crowd control, and the homing is the only thing going for it. Nebula Arcanum is 2nd to Razorblade Typhoon in the "best anti-Pillar weapon" rank, and while I don't like it I recognize it's amazing at that and its DPS potential against ML is insane even if hard to pull off. Nebula Blaze has none of that, it doesn't even have Knockback to let it get Mythical.

It could fire the Blue shot every time and still not be that good, it would only be stronger than Blizzard Staff (which gets like, 2.5k at most). Let me say that again: You could triple its base DPS and it wouldn't be that good.

Last edited:
Nebula Blaze is bad. Non multihitting base damage of 130 with 15 Use time is abysmal DPS with a a massive mana cost to booth. Relies on RNG Blue Shots to deal any real damage, has 0 crowd control, and the homing is the only thing going for it. Nebula Arcanum is 2nd to Razorblade Typhoon in the "best anti-Pillar weapon" rank, and while I don't like it I recognize it's amazing at that and its DPS potential against ML is insane even if hard to pull off. Nebula Blaze has none of that, it doesn't even have Knockback to let it get Mythical.

It could fire the Blue shot every time and still not be that good, it would only be stronger than Blizzard Staff (which gets like, 2.5k at most). Let me say that again: You could triple its base DPS and it wouldn't be that good.
Are you saying you wouldn't want a weapon that deals 390 damage and has a very fast speed that homes in? The mana cost is less than that of the Nebula Arcanum. It also has a base damage that is 40 damage higher than the NA's. Aditionally the NB has a faster speed than the NA. The NB's only weak spot is crowd control

Yes, I already told you why I wouldn't want 390 with average speed (15 Use time is not Fast at this point in the game). It eats mana and its DPS isn't big enough to compensate. Nebula Blaze is a weaker Razorpine in almost every way. The fire speed combined with the High mana cost is what makes your mana last even less than with Arcanum, which is still mana drainy but that doesn't matter since the DPS potential it has is probably the highest out of all the Pillar weapons. If it weren't for the slow velocity Arcanum would be insane.

Yes, I already told you why I wouldn't want 390 with average speed (15 Use time is not Fast at this point in the game). It eats mana and its DPS isn't big enough to compensate. Nebula Blaze is a weaker Razorpine in almost every way. The fire speed combined with the High mana cost is what makes your mana last even less than with Arcanum, which is still mana drainy but that doesn't matter since the DPS potential it has is probably the highest out of all the Pillar weapons. If it weren't for the slow velocity Arcanum would be insane.
I was not saying NB is fast. In the game it says that it has a very fast speed. Also I never said NB is better than Razorpine.

That would have a base damage of 390 for each blue shot. That would be crazy since you have 4 minions with those projectiles. Also 1/12 will not be low enough....

The Nebula Blaze is not bad. A base damage of 130 is not bad. The Nebula Arcanum is worse then it. If you are saying the NB is bad then you are saying the Nebula weapons are bad. Trust me they aren't.
THe nebula blaze has the same dps as the blizzard staff... IF every shot is blue. It also has a stupidly high mana cost for how strong it is, so it's definitely not good.

Are you saying you wouldn't want a weapon that deals 390 damage and has a very fast speed that homes in? The mana cost is less than that of the Nebula Arcanum. It also has a base damage that is 40 damage higher than the NA's. Aditionally the NB has a faster speed than the NA. The NB's only weak spot is crowd control
You'll only be able to fire the Nebula Blaze for, like, 3 seconds before you have to stop due to mana drainage/sickness. That combined with how little it actually does in comparison to previous weapons makes it less than appealing than the Arcanum, which does less damage per hit while costing a bit more to cast, but is able to hit WAY more times per cast than the N.B., leading to faster damage overall.
The Wiki gives us a good show of its abilities:
File:Nebula Arcanum (demo).gif

Thanks! I usually struggle with things like this, but recently I've been getting better and better. I just felt inspired to do something, and I got it done. The nebula cultist was by far the hardest, just because of how it was done, but I love how it turned out. The solar cultist was also difficult, but that was just because I did it first and had to get all the precise coloring and whatnot done.

Alright, updated again. Support banners were added to the OP, and the Nebula Cultist's instant teleport was given to the Stardust Cultist instead, as the clones wouldn't really work too well with an instant teleport and Stardust's Ancient Spark attack was a little cheap without it (because his teleport apparently does contact damage).

I wish I had more room in my signature :confused:

(Also the mods fixed the poll, thanks for that)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bry
Help I don't know how to get the banners in my signature ;-;
Code:
[url=https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/lunatic-cultist-master-mode-rework-idea.84213][img]<image link>[/img][/url]
Just copy and paste that, and paste in the link of the banner you wanna use.

Sorry about my vote about hating lunatic, but I just seriously hate him for being an annoying boss already.

That's alright. At least this suggestion won't get into the game anyway ;(
Don't worry, 99% of suggestions probably won't, even ones with tons of effort put into them.

Though genuine question; how many player suggestions have actually made it into the game in some form?

Who knows, maybe 1.4 will contain every single suggestion ever made here and they're just hiding it from us :dryadwink:

Back
Top Bottom