**REPORTED** (Mac) Music-type resource pack is not working.

Link9058🪓

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Mac Other
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
@Leinfors ok, just to bring everything over...

here's what i described initially
Encountering issues when trying to make and run a music pack for macbook!

i think i've followed all the creation steps appropriately. I can navigate to the ResourcePacks folder in finder. inside that is the main pack folder, inside that is the pack.json, icon (which ARE both being read correctly by the game,) and Content folder. inside content is Music, and inside Music are a bunch of mp3 format audio files. they're named as "Music_x.mp3" with x being any number (as the number and not the word) with exact capitalization and an underscore between Music and the number. when preview-played from the folder itself in finder, the tracks play as normal.

when activated in game, nothing changes. I've tried activating and then rebooting the game, activating then jumping into a game before exiting and rebooting, and uploading to steam workshop and using the subscribe feature to run it automatically. the folders and files within ResourcePacks seemed to all be fine during this whole process and never changed but I still don't know why it doesn't work.

i have not turned anything into a ZIP file

you identified that it was probably a chain of errors that prevented the entire pack from not working and that removing error'd files 3, 15, 19, 23, 26, 36, 42, 45, 49, 52, and 59 made the rest of the pack work again. I went through the library and found that i'd downloaded all those particular files from the same place, so i tried to resave them as iMovie exports.

After replacing all the above listed tracks, the pack still didn't work. i tried removing all the numbered files instead and it still didn't work. I then made 3 separate test packs that each have just 1 audio file. test 1's audio file was downloaded directly from soundcloud without any changes while 2 and 3 were edited and then exported from iMovie with description and tag fields left blank. they're supposed to replace their respective music tracks.

None of the packs seem to work properly for me, even after enabling them and disabling one by one with reboots in between.

i've attached all 3 tests if that helps.

EDIT: removed attachments

Last edited:
Well, let me ask this: are you able to get ANY music pack to work, in any form? Not just the ones you are putting together?

Ah, no music pack at all seems to work. i guess that means an issue on my end? i can't seem to trace the issue either

Its possibly an issue on Mac, or specific versions of Mac.

What is your Mac version?

Its possibly an issue on Mac, or specific versions of Mac.

What is your Mac version?
i have no idea how to check this. by going off of what "about this mac" says...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 7.55.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-30 at 7.55.46 AM.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 65
Thanks, that is what I was looking for.

I had one of our Mac testers try it out, and it does appear that music replacement is NOT working on Mac either, so it looks like Mac music packs broke at some point recently.

I'll log this issue, and we will look into it ASAP! Thank you for the report!

Back
Top Bottom