Mac Terraria

Do you want it for mac faster

• Total voters

JTerraria

Terrarian
When will Terraria be out for mac because i love Terraria but i only have a mac and i would love to have Terraria by next year so can someone please tell me when it will come out.

Thanks

Last I heard, it was never confirmed that Terraria was coming to mac. The most recent official post I can find on the matter reads:

"Again, there is always a chance for disaster. We are not promising or guaranteeing that we will release this. It is our intentions to do so but we will not release it unless it plays how it should."

In other words, nobody knows when it's coming or if it ever will.

-EDIT-
I missed this post by Loki, which states:
-snip-
In full transparency, both of these versions are very much in development, so we cannot make any promises as to a launch date - or even if they will ultimately be feasible - but we wanted to make sure that our long-suffering Mac/Linux fans know that we are working diligently to bring Terraria to their platform!
-snip-

So basically the same: It is currently unknown when or if Terraria is coming to mac. The best we can do is be patient, as the devs are working as hard as they can to make it happen.

-EDIT #2-
Apparently there was an older post that stated that the max and linux ports are essentially done.
"With Solsund no longer being on the team and the Mac/Linux ports being essentially done I have moved Skiphs to programming for Terraria full time."

Also,

I think we will release the mac port with 1.3 so it is up to date at launch. :)

This would seem to indicate that the mac version will defently be released eventually, and likely with 1.3. However, the more recent post by loki seems to imply that it's still up in the air.

Last edited:
You can actually get Terraria for Mac right now! This method requires that you buy Terraria on Steam for you to be able to play the game, so no pirating or illegal stuff. You can find it here. Also, if your game crashes when you try and name your character, just let me know. Should work perfectly besides that! Also, all credit goes to Crazor, who made the thread.

After talking to Cenx a few days ago, she stated that they were working on the version. This will probably be implemented in the upcoming 1.3 update.

Guys, I don't think I need to tell you that you cannot distribute ways to pirate the game on the official forum - Regardless of the reasons behind it. This is a huge no-no.

Wrappers can work, however you will need additional software as it won't work on a "Vanilla" Mac. WINE, for example) If you share the computer, the other person likely wouldn't allow it.. just don't expect it to be very stable. It may be in your best interests to wait until the official version mentioned above is released.

Last edited:
"It's in developement."

It does NOT constitute a release date let alone a guarantee that it may make it for public consumption. Just stick around and watch the thread or news forum till things pick up.

Back
Top Bottom