tModLoader Macrocosm Mod

Which celestial body are you looking forward to visiting the most?

• Total voters

⚙♇-ⅩⅩⅣ

Skeletron Prime
LogoNew3.png

TERRARIA: MACROCOSM

SUMMARY
Macrocosm is a mod aimed at allowing players to take to the stars upon the defeat of Moon Lord, enabling exploration of the entire solar system.
Each world offering valuable resources, unique challenges, dangerous bosses, and deep lore.
Using the Subworld Library, players can explore far and wide, from the acidic sulfur plains of Venus, to the rusting ruins of Mars, to the methane mire of Titan, to the frozen wastelands of Pluto and beyond.

DEVELOPER TEAM
MechanicPluto24 - Creator, Artist, Lead Developer

RighteousRyan - Server Administrator, Programmer
ClockworkCorvus - Server Moderator, Diplomat, Intellect
Toxin - Server Moderator, Artist, Intellect

Lincolnennis - Composer
Universe - Composer

Zetry - Soundsmith

Dawnables - Scholar, Artist
dontkickmychick - Scholar

Daniel - Artist
Demi - Artist
Dovahkick - Spriter
OmegA-Vinier - Spriter, Programmer
Rocket - Spriter
SpicySpaceSnake - Spriter
Uncon_Arts - Artist
William - Spriter

4mbr0s3 2 - Programmer
absoluteAquarian - Programmer
Feldy - Programmer
Hallam - Programmer
LadyLone - Programmer
SnowyStarfall - Programmer
sucss - Programmer
Thanatos - Programmer

ASSETS
ArtemiteBar.png
ArtemiteOreItem.png
Artemite
ChandriumBar.png
ChandriumOre2.png
Chandrium
DianiteBar.png
DianiteOre.png
Dianite
SeleniteBar.png
SeleniteOreItem.png
Selenite
AstronautHelmet.png
AstronautSuit.png
AstronautLeggings.png
Astronautx2.png
Astronaut Suit
Artemite_Helmet.png
Artemite_Breastplate.png
Artemite_Leggings.png
Artemite_Armor.png
Artemite Armor
ChandriumHelmet.png
ChandriumSuit.png
ChandriumBoots.png
ChandriumArmor.png
Chandrium Armor
DianiteHelmet.png
DianiteSuit.png
DianiteBoots.png
DianiteArmor.png
Dianite Armor
SeleniteHelmet.png
SeleniteBreastplate.png
SeleniteLeggings.png
SeleniteArmor.png
Selenite Armor
MoonSword.png
Champion's Blade
Cruithne3753.png
Cruithne 3753
JewelOfShowers.png
Imbrium Jewel
CalcicCane2.png
Calcic Cane
Crucible.png
The Crucible
Noxsaber.png
The Noxsaber
CraterDemonLeft.png

CRATER DEMON
"A survivor bearing scars from the old wars that plagued the Moon long ago."
MoonBeast_William.png

MOON BEAST
"A simple cosmic slaver, trading humans and other inferior creatures, in exchange for precious metals and gemstones."
WarMachinePreview.png

WAR MACHINE
"One of the old Martian battle mechanoids, built to combat the dreaded sandworm."

Currently the Moon is the only celestial body that can be visited, as the mod is very new. In addition the mod's forum page is incomplete and many assets have yet to be created.
Other celestial bodies will be added as development on the mod continues.
After the Moon is complete, the next celestial body to be visited will be Mars.

We thank you for your continual support and patience, without you this mod would not be possible.

SPECIAL THANKS
ADVERSE KC
Almarduk
Crowlarghost
Delly
Dracos_V2
Draedon_Gaming
DrakonVörðr
Kiraa
Kirito
Master-Bit
Snowfall-The-Cat
Zetry

SUPPORT BANNERS
SupportCraterDemon.png
SupportMoonBeast.png
SupportWarMachine.png

To use these banners, copy these urls into your signature:​
Code:
Crater Demon
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/macrocosm-mod.97595/"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/supportcraterdemon-png.352214/[/img][/url]
Moon Beast
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/macrocosm-mod.97595/"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/supportmoonbeast-png.352213/[/img][/url]
War Machine
[url="https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/macrocosm-mod.97595/"][img]https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?attachments/supportwarmachine-png.290455/[/img][/url]

Last edited:
Wow this is going to turn Terraria into Starbound. This will be epic! Good luck man I hope you pull through this mod.
Thank you! It is definitely going to be one wild ride making a mod this large, and I hope to provide a fun experience for people who play it once it's released.

This looks really neat. Could you show how the moon currently looks?
Doesn't look like much. Amber has coded a simple worldgen for the lunar regolith, which adds some hills and craters, but regolith is all we have so far.
The background is the ExampleMod background but grayscale, the sky is jet black, and the regolith looks like a gray-ish sand.

Looks interesting, might I ask how you (will) be able to travel to other planets?
Is it a giant world map or do you use multiple world files were the player can travel in between?
Or is it a endless world file which generates during discovery?

Looks interesting, might I ask how you (will) be able to travel to other planets?
Is it a giant world map or do you use multiple world files were the player can travel in between?
Or is it a endless world file which generates during discovery?
You will be able to travel from planet to planet using a subworld spacecraft. The ship will be able to travel across the solar system using a fuel system, instead of each planet being unlocked once you defeat a certain boss.

You will be able to travel from planet to planet using a subworld spacecraft. The ship will be able to travel across the solar system using a fuel system, instead of each planet being unlocked once you defeat a certain boss.
Thank you for response but I still didn't got it. I meant how you implement this in Terraria. Will each planet be in the same .wld file or do you e.g teleport by using the space craft from you earth .wld file to a space.wld and if you enter the moon to moon.wld.
Or is the planet size scaled down so it does fit in a large (8400 x 4800) .wld file?

Thank you for response but I still didn't got it. I meant how you implement this in Terraria. Will each planet be in the same .wld file or do you e.g teleport by using the space craft from you earth .wld file to a space.wld and if you enter the moon to moon.wld.
Or is the planet size scaled down so it does fit in a large (8400 x 4800) .wld file?
the subworlds are created using a library mod called Subworld Library, it basically allows modders to create worlds connected to a main world. Basically all the subworlds are in their own .wld and .twld files but the path is "Worlds\Subworlds\[NameOfMainWorld]\" instead of just "Worlds\"
You can't create subworlds on the create world menu, you can enter them by doing/using/interacting with something in a main world, for example using an item.
Subworlds can be any size up to the largest world size, the modder has freedom to set whatever they want for them, however one person can't be in a subworld and another on the main world since Terraria can't handle keeping track of multiple worlds at once, if you enter a subworld, everyone enters it in multiplayer by voting.

the subworlds are created using a library mod called Subworld Library, it basically allows modders to create worlds connected to a main world. Basically all the subworlds are in their own .wld and .twld files but the path is "Worlds\Subworlds\[NameOfMainWorld]\" instead of just "Worlds\"
You can't create subworlds on the create world menu, you can enter them by doing/using/interacting with something in a main world, for example using an item.
Subworlds can be any size up to the largest world size, the modder has freedom to set whatever they want for them, however one person can't be in a subworld and another on the main world since Terraria can't handle keeping track of multiple worlds at once, if you enter a subworld, everyone enters it in multiplayer by voting.
Ah Ok, got it. Didn't knew about this subworld library mod. Thanks for detailed description.
Also had some mod ideas containing multiple worlds but didn't found any way to (quickly) implement this. Also got some space travel ideas but thats too much work too implement.
Will definitively play this mod.

I've found out about this from the TModNews Discord. What this mod intends to do sounds quite awesome. Very few mods add subworlds or a focus on exploration. Starbound did come to mind and that existing is probably why very few Terraria mods focus on space stuff. Still, I would be very interested in a Terraria take on this, mainly in how fantasy elements will factor into the solar system.

The scope for this mod sounds massive. I do hope good pacing is in place, like say, focusing on one celestial body at at time and getting that out. It sounds like it, with the moon being worked on now, just so there isn't burnout and the whole mod falling apart.

like these mods with using of subworld lib.
the idea is pretty interesting, would check it out when it releases.

P.S. that subworld lib is amazing right? but how you and your team would deal with the Pre-Underworld bg bug? just won't make subworlds too big? or wait until new ver releases?

Progress sadly is not going as well as we would've liked, with our two AI coders starting to get burnt out. Coding is what we are in dire need as of now. However, the Moon's worldgen has steadily improved.
It's not a big deal. Lots of mods take time to get to where they're at. I think Thorium, Calamity and Spirit for instance took a few years to get to where they're are now. If you need help with coding, you can always go to the TmodLoader Discord server, there is LOTS of very good coders and mod developers there, you're bound to find some people willing to help. Good luck man.

Back
Top Bottom