Made a floating island by copy'ing every block piece by piece from the ground

In a stupid moment of inspiration I decided to copy a part of naturally generated terrain and make it into a floating island.(including stone and ore veins)

Even though you can see the direction Im going for it is nowhere close to done.
Capture 2021-01-16 17_09_59.png
look from minimap:
Screenshot 2021-01-16 170942.png

Seeing this is a big project I will update throughout the playthrough I hope this will brig some inspiration for others also. Here is probably the last update I will do for a while because I am still pre-hardmode and I will need some hardmode materials to further improve the decor(including lighting up the ground so it looks better).
1610824747452.png
Capture 2021-01-16 20_18_40.png

Looks like a flipped replica of the original landscape feature, nice. Must be a pain to do without something like TEdit though.
I was a pain in the butt to make it but it was not hard. Using a grid of torches and a lot of in-game screenshots makes it easy.
Anyway, an update just before I decide to go into hardmode. I am yet to add two npc houses to null the spawnrate, but I think the update is big enough. Yes, there is a bit of a discrepancy between the two rooms, but after I saw the braziers I really wanted to use them, I was thinking of using marble all throughout the island but it would make the sword less visible, so Im aiming for contrast there.
Capture 2021-01-24 01_50_02.png

Back
Top Bottom