NPCs & Enemies Madness

Do you think this should be added into the game?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let devs do whatever they want.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No.

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

SillyMind69

Official Terrarian
Hello! I want to make it clear that this is an end game event. It isn't named "Madness" and if it is added in the game it will not have any name, just hints to the true nature of the event. To summon this event you need to use Suspicious Looking Tentacle . This is an Expert Mode exclusive event.
After you use Suspicious Looking Tentacle
Suspicious_Looking_Tentacle.png
the world is darker like you are fighting Moon Lord again but this time is client only. There will be no friends in multiplayer that will be able to help you. All enemies and even bosses now have more health, damage and darker colors. (Improved endgame loot too)
Also backgrounds will have tentacles in background that sometimes will try to reach you. Sometimes they will damage, sometimes they will slow you and sometimes they will do nothing. The event will never stop unless you die. Also it is tied with the character so there will be no way to escape it in another world.

I think you got enought hints by now. You will be fighting madness and terror that will leave your character in the dark with no clue of what is going on. You are fighting Cthulhu. The whole idea of making him an event that you can't stop without having your character to die is better than an actuall boss fight. Like this they will have no problems with copyright and they will not make a wrong depiction of Cthulhu. Cthulhu is not an enemy to fight with a life bar and give you a small hope that you will win. Just by adding a way to beat him will just ruin him because Cthulhu is not a simple enemy as a whole and since he also got fragmented (Eye of Cthulhu, Brain of Cthulhu) you will fight him as an idea, as madness, as pure terror. You can't kill what is only in your head, right? (This is also why only you will be able to see the event and there is no way to get help from your friends in it :p)

I hope you like my suggestion. Sorry but I am bad at making suggestions...also sorry if I made any grammar mistakes. Feedback and more suggestions to this idea are welcome!

I don't see why anyone would start this event, there's no way to win it and as far as I can tell there's no benefit from trying this.

(Also, did you get this idea from extra credits?)

I don't see why anyone would start this event, there's no way to win it and as far as I can tell there's no benefit from trying this.

(Also, did you get this idea from extra credits?)
What extra credits?
The only reason to start the event for a challenge. It is like a boss rush mode where you get better drops with each boss. I'm bad at explaining stuff :/

What extra credits?
The only reason to start the event for a challenge. It is like a boss rush mode where you get better drops with each boss. I'm bad at explaining stuff :/
huh... well, if it's just the same bosses that the player can already fight with the same drops, then it would be a bit pointless.

Also, I meant this extra credits:

huh... well, if it's just the same bosses that the player can already fight with the same drops, then it would be a bit pointless.

Also, I meant this extra credits:
Better drops I meant improved endgame weapons :/

Also, I didn't know about Extra Credits until now...
[DOUBLEPOST=1441438815,1441438771][/DOUBLEPOST]
The tentacle summons the eye light pet. What else would we use?
The idea was to make it have 2 uses. The item is not sonsummed when you summon the event.

Back
Top Bottom