PC Magic > All

Thanassis95

Terrarian
So... every (big) update i create a new char and a new world, for that specific Update.
I started with 1.1 and was Meele, 1.2 Magic, and now 1.3 Range.
And i dont know if it's just me but, i find Magic way, waaaay too OP.
Especially the part with the Armor before Moonlord. Shroomite, Beetle and Spectre.
I can craft the Spectre Armor, both Head pieces and just switch: First Burst DPS and if i take too much dmg just switch and heal myself for a rediciolus amount.
I can't do this with Meele/Range (Yes i know, Vampire Knifes, but really? Not as effective as the Spectre Armor, and with Spectre i have variety, not so as Meele)
And i find that you can do more with Magic, Meele is more like "It makes the most damage, i take it" same with range.
And as Mage i am like "I use my Could here, my Rainbow here, and than shoot the enemys with that:cool:"

So, im done. Just wanna know if you think the same. :pinky:

Ps: Sry if i wrote some things, sentences wrong. My native language isnt Englisch :joy:

Nah. IMO, melee is the lategame king. Solar weapons are incredible, and beetle defense stacked with the likes of worm scarf, frozen turtleshell, and the regen buffs make for an all but unstoppable player.

Magic is weakest in this stage, just because range has damage for days.

Although really, which class is "best" depends exactly what point in the game we're talking. I'd say, overall, rangers have the most numerous "high points" throughout the game, mostly because megashark and phoenix blaster is a thing, and because bows are the go-to pre hardmode boss killers.

I spent a lot of time in 1.2 using magic (and that doesn't include using Spectre), particularly during the Pumpkin/Frost Moon events. I tinkered with rangers for a bit when the Duke came out and the Tsunami was dominating in numbers. After 1.3 released I switched to melee, and I think I'm pretty comfortable with it long term because there is huge diversity for melee types.

In the earlier days of Terraria where buffs were too few (and minor) to make a significant difference, I had a wide range of weapons. Sword for close quarters, magic for quick damage, and ranged weapons if I wanted to hang back with little risk. Nowadays I mostly stick with one weapon type, and I find that melee is more my preference. I do think rangers have it easy when it comes to unmatched damage potential, although I find it to be a somewhat boring playstyle.

Each type has their advantages, offensively and defensively. They also appeal to different styles of combat. A melee fighter trusts in the strength of their gear load, willing to go face to face with enemies, while ranged fighters tend to be the skill shooters, with twitch reflexes and dead aim. Magic is for the cerebral combatant, needing to master and employ the myriad, strange attack patterns to their full advantage.

A melee fighter can often tank the damage, or ward off enemies with a knockback field, while a ranger will dispatch them before they become a threat, and a magic based character need often not be in danger at all.

And summoners just ignore it altogether.

Back
Top Bottom