Weapons & Equip MAGIC Death Sickle?

DJFlare84

Mechanic
Could we make the Death Sickle a magic-based weapon that consumes mana to launch the projectile?

Before anyone goes on a counter-rant, note that I do not pretend to have any knowledge as to whether or not this is good or bad for game balance or whatever. I just like the idea of the scythe being a magic-based weapon and benefitting from magic buffs.

... plus, imagine wielding it with the Specter Hood. Literal SOUL REAPER.

... yeah that's it. Just a quick little Quality-of-Life suggestion.

Except it's taking away from melee to give more to the already broken magic. What you are PROBABLY trying to suggest here is an alternative magical death-sickle like weapon.
That would ALSO be acceptable. Personally, I really like the design of the Death Sickle. If push comes to shove I'd rather have the Death Sickle be swapped to magic and Melee get an alternative replacement.

in terms of role playing, i'd actually start drooling on myself with the spectre combo and "soul reaping" lol

sure, it would be interesting to see weapon projectiles be powered by mana (when mana runs out, projectiles stop). then we could use the death scythe in that manner, and completely devour everything....let's maybe not get TOO ahead of ourselves, it has the potential of being disgustingly OP, just look at the scourge of the corruptor and the flairon...you'd literally never run out of life as a mage running lifesteal. looks good on paper, but not so much in practice :/

i love the idea, but it would be terribly unbalanced and can't support it. sort of a love/hate thing :(

in terms of role playing, i'd actually start drooling on myself with the spectre combo and "soul reaping" lol

sure, it would be interesting to see weapon projectiles be powered by mana (when mana runs out, projectiles stop). then we could use the death scythe in that manner, and completely devour everything....let's maybe not get TOO ahead of ourselves, it has the potential of being disgustingly OP, just look at the scourge of the corruptor and the flairon...you'd literally never run out of life as a mage running lifesteal. looks good on paper, but not so much in practice :/

i love the idea, but it would be terribly unbalanced and can't support it. sort of a love/hate thing :(
I didn't want ALL projectiles to be powered by mana. Just the scythe. I want the Death Sickle to be re-classified as a magic weapon, is all.

Even without lifesteal, though, the Scourge of the Corruptor is ridiculously OP in PvP if you fight any sort of enclosed space, even a BIG one.

Back
Top Bottom