Magic early hard mode

Boomuncher is gone

Official Terrarian
so me and my friend are doing another play through and I am being a mage (He's being Melee for the third time).
And I was wondering what I should get early hardmode. There are so many choices and this is my first time being a mage so I need help

so me and my friend are doing another play through and I am being a mage (He's being Melee for the third time).
And I was wondering what I should get early hardmode. There are so many choices and this is my first time being a mage so I need help
What you should get is the poison staff dropped from recluses. And if you can try to get the orange zapinator from the traveling merchant umm what else uhhh, I think there are some good weapons that the shadow chests give, and that’s about it, unless there is some jungle weapon I don’t know of

Craft the meteor staff, probably the easiest early hardmode magic weapon to get, really good against the destroyer too. If you're in a crimson world then crafting the Golden shower is a must, very useful troughout the entirety of hardmode. Try also getting either the Crystal serpent (fishing in the hallow) or Sky Fracture (Light Shard + Souls of Light + Magic Missile) and you'll be pretty much set.

Good weapons: Sky fracture, crystal serpent(very strong but rare), meoteor staff(good against destroyer),Nimbus rod(usefull weapon)

Golden shower and Life drain are available in Corruption worlds too. If you put the dryad in a graveyard in a corruption world she sells crimson seeds.

Flamelash and Demon Scythe can be carried over into Hardmode and will keep you alive for a while, although not too efficiently. Depending on the world I'm in, first thing I do is go straight for Golden Shower or Magic Daggers. They can pierce multiple enemies and fire at such a fast rate they can actually slow down enemies as if they have knockback, but they don't. The magic gun from the WoF isn't too bad either depending on what you are fighting.

Meteor staff is good if you are on the surface but it's not really a cave weapon. Haven't tried some of the 1.4 changed weapons yet not sure if I want to. Never used Sky Fracture because it's mana cost was too high for what you got. They made it cost even more. Medusa Head may be promising though it used to be really effective in Hardmode.

Get the Meteor Staff, easy win against the destroyer.
Get the Crystal Storm & Cursed Flames/Golden Shower.
Crystal Storm will be your megashark until you reach Plantera. Cursed Flames will be a situational weapon to inflict debuffs or hurt multiple enemies at once - most bosses aren't immune to cursed flames.
Golden Shower will last you through the entire game, if your world is a crimson world of course. It allows you to deal +10 damage.
Sky Fracture is mmmmmmmeh. It's good, but consumes too much mana, and is single target. Poison Staff is also okayyyyy I guess.
Spirit Lamp is great! Get it as soon as you can.
You should start hardmode with the Flower of Fire & Flamelash. BUT! You can also use Magic Missile. It is now INFINITELY better because it can damage multiple enemies at once (AoE) and will deal 25-35 damage to most enemies which is pretty decent.
If you feel like farming, head to the Hallow & get a Crystal Serpent from fishing. You can also try the Flower of Frost & the Ice Staff but they can be neglected should you have the CS, CF and Spirit Lamp.

GET THE CRYSTAL VILE SHARD!!!!!!!!!!! IT IS SO SO SO SO GOOD during solar eclipses. You will thank me forever. Just kill a hallowed mimic until you get it. Magic dagger is worthless in my opinion.

Then, to get better magic weapons, kill the Twins.
They are REALLY REALLY hard as a mage especially in Master Mode (from my experience). You need to make a long platform (preferably with planter boxes), cheese them by putting the nurse at the end and healing every now and then, and using a lot of buff potions.
The best way to kill them is by debuffing them with Cursed Flames, running around and using Spirit Lamp, then using Crystal Storm.

I suggest you kill Retinazer first. DO NOT get them both to their second phase. Focus on one, then kill the other.
The Rainbow Rod will be your main weapon against Plantera because it homes in and does a lot of damage.

You should get the water bolt from the dungeon and book of skulls from skeletron. And also what OniDeidara said.

Back
Top Bottom