magic storage not working in multiplayer, but works in singleplayer

yuntaeseob

Terrarian
the title of the page is pretty self-explanatory. this happened today when i was just chilling around my world, and then suddenly when i opened the storage, everything was gone. i was super scared until i went into my singleplayer world and everything was there. is there any way to fix this problem?

Screenshot when i open my magical storage in multiplayer
6VCaxXM.jpg

screenshot when i break the storage heart and replace it. notice that on the bottom of the tab it said "0/0 items" and now it says "0/1520 items"
xONEjjf.jpg

And it's back to regular when i join a singleplayer world.
Kltr8BT.jpg

also keep in mind ive created a whole new storage system in case mine was "bugged", but it still doesnt work. again only the items show up in singleplayer and not in multiplayer. also note that when i disable every mod except for magic storage it still doesnt work.

Last edited:
another weird thing happened with magic storage... when i uninstalled magic storage and re-installed it, my new storage system started another bug. whenever i right click the storage heart in multiplayer, it freezes my character and i cant move in any way, and when i let go i am free again. Heres the video of that happening.

plus this is only happening in this specific terraria world, when i create other worlds and host it on multiplayer it works completely fine.

after i used another same world in my backups and losing a lot of progress, my magic storage woked fine in my backup world. until today the same thing happened with my backup world, again the magic storage stopped working after a while of playing the world. someone please help me :(

Last edited:
after i used another same world in my backups and losing a lot of progress, my magic storage woked fine in my backup world. until today the same thing happened with my backup world, again the magic storage stopped working after a while of playing the world. someone please help me :(

I experienced this issue with my world, and the fix is as follows:
Terraria only allows so many items to exist in a certain chunk.
A chunk is an area of blocks, its chests (including magic storage), and all other items. It's not an issue for single player, but it's limited by packet size for multiplayer.
This puts a hard limit on the number of items that can be in magic storage+chests+other containers in a radius in the world. If it ever exceeds that limit, players will not be able to load it.

The limit for me seems to be about 3000 items in Magic Storage before the world breaks for multiplayer.

Back
Top Bottom