tModLoader Magic Storage

absoluteAquarian

Duke Fishron
Welcome to the Magic Storage thread!
Current version (1.3): v0.4.3.6
Current version (1.4 alpha): v0.5.3.7
Built for tModLoader v0.11.8.4

This thread will be a continuation of the original mod thread due to blushiemagic's absence from modding.
Updates to the mod will be posted here in the meantime.

The original thread

I do NOT claim that I am the author of Magic Storage nor will I ever claim to be so.
- Fixed a bug that caused sections of the world to refuse to load on multiplayer clients when a storage system contained too many items
- Fixed the mod causing "read underflows" in the log files
- Fixed an issue where the crafting UI would sometimes throw errors in the chat

- Fixed an IL edit
- Made direct IL edits load in a safer context
- Added a missing localization entry
- Fixed a bug that let the player clone an item held on the mouse when clicking Deposit All in the storage UI
- Updated the codebase to account for the new breaking changes in tModLoader (many thanks to Exterminator!)
- Updated the codebase to account for the new breaking changes in tModLoader (many thanks to Exterminator!)
- Crafting stations which count as the Alchemy Table for recipes now properly inherit its chance to not consume potion ingredients while in the Crafting Interface
- Reworked the coin compactor to leave at least 100 of a coin type in the storage system
- Fixed a bug that caused storage systems to be emptied in Multiplayer when depositing items
- Added a "coin compactor" feature, which will combine any coins into higher-value coins, when possible
- Removed the config option for modifying the amount of visible crafting station slots
- Crafting station slots now grow dynamically as more stations are added (starts off as 15 items)
- Improved netcode
- Updated the codebase to account for the new breaking changes in tModLoader (many thanks to Yowave!)
- Added a config option for reducing the amount of crafting station slots in the Crafting Interface
- Added a config option for reducing the amount of filter icons
- Updated the codebase to account for the new breaking changes in tModLoader
- Code optimizations
- Updated the codebase to account for the new breaking changes in tModLoader
- Fixed some small issues
- Fixed not being able to link a Locator Drive and Portable Remote Storage Access to a Storage Heart
- Added new crafting stations for crafting the "evil" items, via the Demon Altar and Crimson Altar
- Fixed a bug where recipes that needed water/lava/honey wouldn't appear and couldn't be crafted
- Recipes that require a chair (Goggles, Watches) can now be crafted with just a workbench or table in the crafting station slots
- Added several new crafting stations which act as "combined" stations
- Placing any Tombstone in the crafting station slots will let the player create items that require a Graveyard biome (Ecto Mist)
- Added support for tiles which act as water/lava/honey sources for crafting purposes
- Added a new item, the Biome Globe, which combines the functionality of several "environmental" crafting conditions
- Fixed a bug where having stations outside of the Crafting Interface could allow the player to use them within the Crafting Interface for recipes
- Merged the 1.3 Magic Storage - Extra codebase into 1.4 Magic Storage
- Fixed the RecursiveCraft implementation
- Fixed lang issues
- Fixed removing stations from the stations slots not updating recipes properly
- Fixed mouse logic regarding the crafting UI
- Fixed recipe groups applying to recipes when they shouldn't be
- Fixed being unable to open the storage UI from the Storage Heart tile
- Fixed being unable to open the crafting UI from the Crafting Access tile
- Fixed the crafting UI missing icons for its buttons
- Fixed various other small bugs
- Ported mod to the tModLoader 1.4 alpha

Join my Discord server if you want to stay up-to-date with the mod's updates
or if you need to report bugs from the mod.

Last edited:
That is an absolute shame. blushi made not only my all time favorite mod in Magic Storage, but either created or helped contribute to just about every one of my favorite mods for Terraria that has ever existed. From what I understand, TML basically wouldn't exist as it does today without blushie. Perhaps this is why there's been such a delay porting it to 1.4?

I'm really glad that someone has taken over this mod, as I believe it to be one of the best mods ever created in all of video game modding. I can't even play video games if they don't have an above average storage system, haha.

Anyway, best of luck to you maintaining the mod; and blushie, just know that there are so, so many people out here who appreciate your tremendous talent. I don't even want to take a guess at the personal struggles you're going through (if any, maybe I'm reading way too far into this) but please know no matter what's going on, a lot of us hope you feel better soon.

That is an absolute shame. blushi made not only my all time favorite mod in Magic Storage, but either created or helped contribute to just about every one of my favorite mods for Terraria that has ever existed. From what I understand, TML basically wouldn't exist as it does today without blushie. Perhaps this is why there's been such a delay porting it to 1.4?

I'm really glad that someone has taken over this mod, as I believe it to be one of the best mods ever created in all of video game modding. I can't even play video games if they don't have an above average storage system, haha.

Anyway, best of luck to you maintaining the mod; and blushie, just know that there are so, so many people out here who appreciate your tremendous talent. I don't even want to take a guess at the personal struggles you're going through (if any, maybe I'm reading way too far into this) but please know no matter what's going on, a lot of us hope you feel better soon.
porting tml to 1.4 isn't as easy as you thinks, re-logic changed most of the code in 1.4 and they have to work very hard to make it's bug less and better to play with

Does the Remote Storage Access work in the 1.4 Alpha? I cannot seem to get it to connect, right clicking the heart with a locator drive or the portable remote storage access just opens the access.

Does the Remote Storage Access work in the 1.4 Alpha? I cannot seem to get it to connect, right clicking the heart with a locator drive or the portable remote storage access just opens the access.
That's been fixed in the upcoming update, though I'm waiting for a few things to be finished before I can publish said update.

Hello! Storage seems to not work for me T_T Vanity goes off every time I try to open it
This bug in the version for the 1.4 alpha has been fixed in the upcoming update. In the meantime, place a Storage Access and use that to access the storage system.

Hey there, the mod is really nice but has some bugs in multiplayer, some of the items duplicate while others just disapear and only appear when in Singleplayer. Also the crafting station is not working. I know this an alpha release, hope I'm not bothering by giving this feedback.

Hey there, the mod is really nice but has some bugs in multiplayer, some of the items duplicate while others just disapear and only appear when in Singleplayer. Also the crafting station is not working. I know this an alpha release, hope I'm not bothering by giving this feedback.
It's fine. I'm glad that that is being reported.
I'll look into the issues mentioned.

This has to be the best QoL mod of all time, particularly if you're running something like Calamity Mod, which brings Terraria's total item count through the stratosphere. Major kudos to those who've picked up where the original creator left off. Personally, I use the Extra version, but it's essentially a branch of the same thing.

The only drawback I've found (though you'd be no better off in vanilla, with dozens of chests) is that once you've chosen a spot to deposit your dragon hoard, moving the entire storage system (to re-design your base, for example) can become quite tedious, expensive, and/or tricky. That's the situation I'm in now.

My plan is to create an entirely new storage system in a new spot, then place a remote access to the old system next to it so that I can quickly dump stacks into the new.

Back
Top Bottom