tModLoader Magic Storage

v0.4.0.1
-Fixed bug where recipe availability does not update when crafting stations change
-Fixed bug where you can mine tiles with crafting stations in them
-Fixed bug where some text in the crafting UI does not translate
-Result slot in crafting interface can now be used to deposit/withdraw the result
-Added an option (on by default) to only show available recipes in the crafting interface

Lots of bug fixes and suggestions here. Enjoy!
how do you access the crafting ui?

I think I broke my crafting interface. I took all the crafting stations out of it and used a pickaxe on it and it did this.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/861725762793663010/BD2252D00F1A1CBC7815F9114F376D1ADC84D2B1

When I click on it, it just opens my normal inventory now. (Same as when I hit escape)

Edit: So far I am unable to reproduce the bug with a new crafting station. Working on it though.

Edit 2: Got it. When you place the crafting station on top of a storage unit, then try to move the crafting station, it does this.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....350/2F395FE9F6F49C06A3D4702DC59345B88EC7AAA7/

Yup I just reported this a few posts back. Hope you didn't waste too much time trying to recreate it :p

I think I broke my crafting interface. I took all the crafting stations out of it and used a pickaxe on it and it did this.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/861725762793663010/BD2252D00F1A1CBC7815F9114F376D1ADC84D2B1

When I click on it, it just opens my normal inventory now. (Same as when I hit escape)

Edit: So far I am unable to reproduce the bug with a new crafting station. Working on it though.

Edit 2: Got it. When you place the crafting station on top of a storage unit, then try to move the crafting station, it does this.
https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....350/2F395FE9F6F49C06A3D4702DC59345B88EC7AAA7/
Thanks for replicating the bug; I will try to fix it in the next update.

how do you access the crafting ui?
Craft the Storage Crafting Interface as shown in the first post.

Will there be a way to place a demon altar in the crafting component?
Not unless a mod adds a portable demon altar station.

I've found a duplication bug/glitch. It works with any item (i asume) that when used maked your character do an animation. While the storage heart is open, (you have autopause off) you take the item and click outside of the hud, that makes you use said item. That could be a sword swinging or throwing something. If you click inside the storage heart while the animation is still going then this item (or stack of items) will be duplicated. You will end up with one item (or stack) inside the heart and one on your coursor.

v0.4.0.2
-Fixed bug where mining the crafting interface would sometimes leave behind a glitched block
-Fixed bug where items could be duplicated by depositing them while they're in use

Fixed several game-breaking bugfixes here. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Hello, I wanted to report a bug where I would lose all my crafting station if I break my Storage Crafting Interface.

Maybe you could make the SCI unbreakable just like chests if there are crafting stations in it, also it would be great if the Locator Drive could be tied to the Storage Heart, I often carry both for my builds and that would be very handy

Except for these two details, the mod is perfect, keep up the good work !

Blue , could you add "Sort by damage type and value" ? That would be awesome , i know the default sorts my damage types but not values :)

Last edited:
Hello, I wanted to report a bug where I would lose all my crafting station if I break my Storage Crafting Interface.

Maybe you could make the SCI unbreakable just like chests if there are crafting stations in it, also it would be great if the Locator Drive could be tied to the Storage Heart, I often carry both for my builds and that would be very handy

Except for these two details, the mod is perfect, keep up the good work !
What version are you using? The crafting interface bug was fixed a couple of updates ago.

Getting this crash when I try to put something in the result box (I think you can call it that, the bottom right box where you take a completed item out of) . It crashed every time I tried, tried with multiple things.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.HoverResult(Int32 slot, Int32& hoverSlot)
at MagicStorage.UISlotZone.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Getting this crash when I try to put something in the result box (I think you can call it that, the bottom right box where you take a completed item out of) . It crashed every time I tried, tried with multiple things.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.HoverResult(Int32 slot, Int32& hoverSlot)
at MagicStorage.UISlotZone.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)
Dupe glitch with the crash as well when you put an accessory in the output slot it will dupe. Well not necessarily any accessory just saw Corona do it on stream with the lifeform analyzer

Not sure if this is something you'd consider a bug, but thought I would post. The mod "Furniture, Food, and Fun" was originally called "Cosmetic Variety and Legends", or something similar (When it's loading, it's called "CosmeticVariety"). When I search the Crafting Storage, it won't pull anything up by the current mod name listed in the Browser, but uses the name it loads, instead. Not sure if I explained that well, lol.

I would like to add some thoughts about this mod.
  1. I do not like the crafting interface. I'm sorry, it's a great thing to have, but it's tedious that you can't extract and deposit items while in the interface. I would recommend something like AE from minecraft, but different:
    1. You can have the normal crafting interface, but it acts like the normal (wireless) storage access/storage heart. The only difference is that it has the default terraria crafting interface to the left of the storage. Along with the crafting interface, you have a "Craft core" or something, where you put crafting things inside, which then allow you to craft with those things through the interface.
  2. Sorting is wonky, as the "sort by stack amount" sorts by how many stacks of items you have. I would rather it sort by how many of that item is in the system.
  3. Cost is a little bit high. I feel like it should be more around, i don't know, 6-8 ingots along with the gem instead of 10.
  4. The dear old Locator Drive. I do NOT like this thing. It's endgame, and by then your storage system is already how you want it; It only holds the location until you use it, then it's gone; and it is very expensive. I do not like to waste that much luminite on an item like that. I'd rather save the materials for modded things. PLEASE make a change here, it's sad and needs some love.
  5. Storage connectors should definitely be a background item. I do not like having holes in my walls where the storage connectors are, even though they are 1 wide. Simply because, I can't run them through rooms (suitable for NPC's or a spawn point.)
Those are some things I don't like. I am very happy you have a handheld remote storage access in the works, and I can't wait, but PLEASE make it cheaper than the locator drive. I'm thinking more like, idk, Chlorophyte? Maybe even create some ore that has properties involving item teleportation? Ooh! I know! how about you need to use Teleporters in the recipe? I don't know. Now I don't like to end posts on a sad note, so I'm going to end with recommendations and what I enjoy.

1. I love this mod in general. I hate having 3 million, unsorted chests in my house, where I have to look through every single one to find one item.
  2. The way storage works. I love how all the things just need to be touching for it to work. It makes me happy.
Some recommendations:
  1. A creative storage cell that just holds infinite items, and not just gives a "creative inventory."
  2. to solve the storage connector problem from earlier, a storage cable that works like wiring?
  3. First mod to have item hoppers? I/O busses?
That's what I have to say. I'd rate this mod 200/10, as this kind of thing has been needed for YEARS! Thank you very much! I recommend this mod to everyone! :):dryadsmile::merchantsmile::nursesmile:~:)`:):red::joy:

I would like to add some thoughts about this mod.
  1. I do not like the crafting interface. I'm sorry, it's a great thing to have, but it's tedious that you can't extract and deposit items while in the interface. I would recommend something like AE from minecraft, but different:
    1. You can have the normal crafting interface, but it acts like the normal (wireless) storage access/storage heart. The only difference is that it has the default terraria crafting interface to the left of the storage. Along with the crafting interface, you have a "Craft core" or something, where you put crafting things inside, which then allow you to craft with those things through the interface.
  2. Sorting is wonky, as the "sort by stack amount" sorts by how many stacks of items you have. I would rather it sort by how many of that item is in the system.
  3. Cost is a little bit high. I feel like it should be more around, i don't know, 6-8 ingots along with the gem instead of 10.
  4. The dear old Locator Drive. I do NOT like this thing. It's endgame, and by then your storage system is already how you want it; It only holds the location until you use it, then it's gone; and it is very expensive. I do not like to waste that much luminite on an item like that. I'd rather save the materials for modded things. PLEASE make a change here, it's sad and needs some love.
  5. Storage connectors should definitely be a background item. I do not like having holes in my walls where the storage connectors are, even though they are 1 wide. Simply because, I can't run them through rooms (suitable for NPC's or a spawn point.)
Those are some things I don't like. I am very happy you have a handheld remote storage access in the works, and I can't wait, but PLEASE make it cheaper than the locator drive. I'm thinking more like, idk, Chlorophyte? Maybe even create some ore that has properties involving item teleportation? Ooh! I know! how about you need to use Teleporters in the recipe? I don't know. Now I don't like to end posts on a sad note, so I'm going to end with recommendations and what I enjoy.

1. I love this mod in general. I hate having 3 million, unsorted chests in my house, where I have to look through every single one to find one item.
  2. The way storage works. I love how all the things just need to be touching for it to work. It makes me happy.
Some recommendations:
  1. A creative storage cell that just holds infinite items, and not just gives a "creative inventory."
  2. to solve the storage connector problem from earlier, a storage cable that works like wiring?
  3. First mod to have item hoppers? I/O busses?
That's what I have to say. I'd rate this mod 200/10, as this kind of thing has been needed for YEARS! Thank you very much! I recommend this mod to everyone! :):dryadsmile::merchantsmile::nursesmile:~:)`:):red::joy:

Agreed, categories just like Cheat Sheet would be great and maybe a box to craft a certain ammount of items instantly, crafting many blocks is a hassle right now, not to mention performance drops :/

IMO, the Luminite Drive is just fine but I guess that's probablly because I installed the mod before killing Moon Lord

Yeah, but it's just... once you get it, you've already got everything sorted out, so what's the point, right?
Ive got everything how i like it before WoF so yeah :D Only thing i do is upgrade all my units (having 15 of em takes alot of materials :D ) at least am playing heavily modded terraria so i can buy all gems and most of bars :D

Yeah, found the same a few days ago. Happened when you tried to put something in the bottom right square in the crafting box?

Back
Top Bottom