tModLoader Magic Storage

It appears that at higher item counts (currently running a Thorium server with ~1500 items in a network), crafting causes global frameskip lag-spikes - absolutely everyone connected gets them. Is this because of the crafting menu itself, or because of the network's automatic redistribution? If redistribution is a factor, would it be possible to toggle that behaviour off to avoid lag?
I had some similar issue before.

It appears that at higher item counts (currently running a Thorium server with ~1500 items in a network), crafting causes global frameskip lag-spikes - absolutely everyone connected gets them. Is this because of the crafting menu itself, or because of the network's automatic redistribution? If redistribution is a factor, would it be possible to toggle that behaviour off to avoid lag?
I also seem to be having the issue with only one other person on the server. When we have many items (from many different mods, mainly spirit, thorium, and calamity) I will always drop frames doing anything in the terminal, so does he, and crafting in the crafting terminal will cause both games to drop frames (me to about 1, him to 2-3).

Also, on another note, perhaps there could be a way to either craft all or select a number of items to craft (like if you had supplies for 12 hp pots, you could select craft all and it'd make all 12, or like select 10 and it would make 10). I'm still new to modding Terraria, so I don't know if it's even a possibility.

I started a multiplayer world for me and some friends. We added a bunch of other mods to play through. This mod solved many storage problems, although whenever someone starts to craft with the crafting interface feature it creates lag, (Drops everyone's FPS to about 10-20 from 60) Also since there are so many crafting stations the crafting interface cannot fit all of the crafting stations into the interface creating more trouble. Otherwise it is a fantastic mod and can't wait to see what comes next.

I think the Bottle might be using the Alchemy Table code in the Storage Crafting Interface; sometimes, ingredients aren't used. I just made 5 Endurance potions with 3 Armored Cavefish.

I started a multiplayer world for me and some friends. We added a bunch of other mods to play through. This mod solved many storage problems, although whenever someone starts to craft with the crafting interface feature it creates lag, (Drops everyone's FPS to about 10-20 from 60) Also since there are so many crafting stations the crafting interface cannot fit all of the crafting stations into the interface creating more trouble. Otherwise it is a fantastic mod and can't wait to see what comes next.

Two things I've noticed: the lag in single player is directly correlated to the number of recipes, total, that are shown in the current filter. For example, show all recipes, hit "c", and there is a bunch of lag. hit "h" and there is less lag, hit "a" and basically none. Repeat that sequence with only craftable recipes, though, and the performance is about the same at each step. (It's actually bad enough to lose keystrokes, BTW, in my game. Though I have two "extra craftable things" mods installed, so way more than the vanilla recipe count.)

Second, those extra furniture mods tend to have combined stations (eg: table and workbench, forge and anvil, etc) that offer the functions of both. These work correctly with the crafting interface out of the box, which is great, and means a much nicer experience for me...

Two things I've noticed: the lag in single player is directly correlated to the number of recipes, total, that are shown in the current filter. For example, show all recipes, hit "c", and there is a bunch of lag. hit "h" and there is less lag, hit "a" and basically none. Repeat that sequence with only craftable recipes, though, and the performance is about the same at each step. (It's actually bad enough to lose keystrokes, BTW, in my game. Though I have two "extra craftable things" mods installed, so way more than the vanilla recipe count.)

Second, those extra furniture mods tend to have combined stations (eg: table and workbench, forge and anvil, etc) that offer the functions of both. These work correctly with the crafting interface out of the box, which is great, and means a much nicer experience for me...

One of the mods I used on my server is EE2, and that adds about 4 stations and a bunch of pre-hardmode recipes from vanilla (basically all the ingot things, vanilla furniture, potion stuff, and more), so there's a lot of recipes added, seeing how we just put the stations in the crafting terminal. But for me, I don't lag too much while searching in the crafting terminal, I only lag when I search in the storage heart or the remote access terminals, and when pressing the craft button in the crafting terminal, so I don't think that it pertains to a number of stations in the terminal necessarily.

One of the mods I used on my server is EE2, and that adds about 4 stations and a bunch of pre-hardmode recipes from vanilla (basically all the ingot things, vanilla furniture, potion stuff, and more), so there's a lot of recipes added, seeing how we just put the stations in the crafting terminal. But for me, I don't lag too much while searching in the crafting terminal, I only lag when I search in the storage heart or the remote access terminals, and when pressing the craft button in the crafting terminal, so I don't think that it pertains to a number of stations in the terminal necessarily.

I think it's proportional to the number of recipes displayed in the crafting interface, which is obviously related to the number of crafting stations, but isn't directly caused by the number of them. (Mostly for the author of the mod, I say this, not so much you.)

Ummm... I want to move my base and my storage heart is in my base, is there any way to move all of my stuff from one storage heart to another? :C

Here is a random game crashing glitch, when you are on the crafting component menu and try to place wood on the empty spot on the bottom right(where you take the items you crafted out) the game crashes

I REALLY love this mod, it makes collecting gems important throughout the game and not only on a mage playthrough and it makes everything smoother to use.
It seems I cannot use the crafting interface to craft from items on my inventory and need to use the storage heart to place the items in the storage forst, which is kind of annoying, as it doesn't, for example, show you things you can make from wood because all your wood is in your inventory.

Other things what could be cool would be adding items to the storage from the crafting interface, making the items you craft appear on your cursor, like when crafting normally, having the smart cursor target the storage/crafting heart, having quick stack to place items on storage faster, having a way to integrate the Piggy Bank and Safe to the storage network in some way.

Those are just some things I thought up that might improve the mod, but of course, I have no idea how difficult they would be to implement on the mod, so it might be that you already thought of those but it was too difficult to make them happen or something, in that case, I apologize.

Thank you for reading my long message, I think I managed to add the error message on this post
upload_2017-7-16_21-5-13.png

Okay, we REALLY need a demon altar crafting implement! We have the snow biome thing, which is good, but the lack of a demon altar on is so bad :p Its really annoying going all the way to crimson/corruption to find an altar because its very rare to get a nearby altar or down the hellavator. Please just add a thing that allows you to craft all demon altar shiznit :p THanks! I hope you see this >.<

Okay, we REALLY need a demon altar crafting implement! We have the snow biome thing, which is good, but the lack of a demon altar on is so bad :p Its really annoying going all the way to crimson/corruption to find an altar because its very rare to get a nearby altar or down the hellavator. Please just add a thing that allows you to craft all demon altar shiznit :p THanks! I hope you see this >.<
There are some mods that add a demon altar that can be picked up, like the Grim Pedestal you get from the Tracker for killing the Nymph in the Thorium mod, I think you can add that to the crafting thing

Last edited:
There is some mod that add a demon altar that can be picked up, like the Grip Pedestal you get from the Tracked for killing the Nymph in the Thorium mod, I think you can add that to the crafting thing
Ohhh excellent idea. I will do this! :) Thank you for your excellent suggestion.

EDIT: After doing some testing, turning on plugin support is what is causing the crashes. I can use all other features of tPatcher
I get a crash when using tPatcher with Magic Storage. Every time I try to access my storage in any way, it crashes out of the game. This mod is the only one that causes a crash like this while using tPatcher. All of my other mods work flawlessly. I don't know what the cause is, but I'd like to be able to figure it out so that I can use this extremely useful mod.
Here's the log from the crash:
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Last edited:
I dunno if these have been said before, but I have 2 bugs to report:
One: With Autopause on, I have to press Escape twice to close any of the magic storage UIs.
Two: When I craft weapons using the Crafting Interface, it doesn't have any chance to apply modifiers to the weapons. I tested with 20+ Wooden Swords, over half the ones I crafted by hand had a modifier, but none of the ones I crafted using the interface did. Seeing as any of the weapons and accessories that can have modifiers cannot be stacked, there is no game system preventing this mechanic, so I assume it's an aspect of crafting that has been overlooked.

EDIT: After doing some testing, turning on plugin support is what is causing the crashes. I can use all other features of tPatcher
I get a crash when using tPatcher with Magic Storage. Every time I try to access my storage in any way, it crashes out of the game. This mod is the only one that causes a crash like this while using tPatcher. All of my other mods work flawlessly. I don't know what the cause is, but I'd like to be able to figure it out so that I can use this extremely useful mod.

That is an apparent incompatibility between tModLoader mods, and tPatcher mods (or one of the specific mods added with it.) I'd suggest you either use only one thing that modifies Terraria (eg: tModloader *OR* tPatcher), or talk to the tPatcher people about the problem.

Back
Top Bottom