tModLoader Magic Storage

I'M getting a bug where no crafting recipe with "any iron bar" for instance, will work even though I have iron or lead bars in the storage. Is this just me I don't see anyone else having this issue.

Edit: I was missing the place to put crafting stations, AWESOME mod :)

Last edited:
I think it would be awesome tot add an upgrade function to the crafting blocks that you could fit more stations in there, also integration with quick stack, and a possibility to go to the storage from the crafting grid and vice versa via a quick function would be greatly apappreciated

Ive been playing with my friends in multiplayer for about 3 weeks now using Magic Storage. Everything has been working fine untill last night. When i tried to host the world and joined the world, the spawn chunk had completely disapeared (not sure if related to spawn or just because we had the Storage Stuff in that chunk). I am sure that its magic storage that is causing the peculiar bug though. I tried disabling it and hosting the world and the chunk was back and the blocks from magic storage had turned pink. I did make a backup before i disabled the world though so no problem there.

The world is just fine in singleplayer, and there is no problem there.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

Spawn chunk singleplayer.png
Spawn chunk singleplayer.

Spawn chunk multiplayer.png
Spawn chunk multiplayer.

Ive been playing with my friends in multiplayer for about 3 weeks now using Magic Storage. Everything has been working fine untill last night. When i tried to host the world and joined the world, the spawn chunk had completely disapeared (not sure if related to spawn or just because we had the Storage Stuff in that chunk). I am sure that its magic storage that is causing the peculiar bug though. I tried disabling it and hosting the world and the chunk was back and the blocks from magic storage had turned pink. I did make a backup before i disabled the world though so no problem there.

The world is just fine in singleplayer, and there is no problem there.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

View attachment 195031
Spawn chunk singleplayer.

View attachment 195032
Spawn chunk multiplayer.

I was just about to post about this same issue. I went into singleplayer and disposed of a bunch of items from storage and it works again in multiplayer. It seems there is some limit in how many items that can be in storage in multiplayer. For me the multiplayer issue starts around 8000-8500 item slots used in my magic storage system.

I wonder if there is a way around this or if this is a limitation with Terraria itself? I love this mod because I can just toss all the junk I find in storage without having to go through it all and it will be there if I need it for some recipe later. Now, I am back to having to manage my junk collection again. :(

I did find, for example, that I had things like 107 wintry charms (spirit mod) taking up 107 slots so I definitely didn't need them all but selling all this stuff is such a chore.

Edit: I just skimmed through this entire thread and it seems like this issue may have been mentioned before but I did not see any resolution. I can't tell if this is being worked on already.

Last edited:
Is there any place that specifies what each item does? I know the very basics but need to learn more about how everything works. Like a wiki?

Last edited:
I wanted to thank you for these fantastic mod.
You are wonderful!

Attachments

• Capture 2018-03-10 06_18_10.png
    Capture 2018-03-10 06_18_10.png
    43.6 KB · Views: 388
I'm trying to connect the storage connectors (the 1x1 things), but when I try to put one next to another one connected to the thing i'm connecting, it refuses to connect.

I'm playing an RPG mod right now and when I open the storage crafting interface all it shows is a small scroll bar and none of the recipes or spots they would appear in. I think this may be due to the mod having a custom inventory HUD and it may be too big for the whole crafting interface to show up. Any way I could fix this?

When accessing an MS storage or crafting interface, these error messages flood the chat, regardless of whether I'm the one accessing the storage heart/crafting thing or if it's somebody else: https://i.imgur.com/k6Ns4RZ.png The bad news is that absolutely no information about this shows up in the Logs.txt file. The good news is that this glitch doesn't seem to have any other effects

Haven't been following the mod for a little while but I'm wondering.

Will Magic Storage ever have a quick trash function to help get rid of large quantities of swords and other things that don't normally stack?
Manually getting rid of 1000 iron swords (just a random example) can be a -major- headache.

When accessing an MS storage or crafting interface, these error messages flood the chat, regardless of whether I'm the one accessing the storage heart/crafting thing or if it's somebody else: https://i.imgur.com/k6Ns4RZ.png The bad news is that absolutely no information about this shows up in the Logs.txt file. The good news is that this glitch doesn't seem to have any other effects

I was getting this error too. It only seems to happen when I'm making lots of something (like smooth marble blocks). But as you said, it doesn't appear to do anything other than display the error message.

I updated a couple of mods tonight (Luiafk, Autotrash, Recipe Browser) and for some reason the storage system that we had glitched out and looked weird. I reloaded the world then they were invisible along with a couple of other crafting stations from other mods. If I try to interact with the storage units then the game instantly crashes. Placing things next to it as well will crash including the connectors. I was hoping I could just use a connector to move all the stuff out of the invisible storage units but that wont work due to crashing. I tried disabling the 3 updated mods and that didn't work. It is unfortunate because we were about half way through Hard Mode. I tried disabling the mod and when I loaded the world the usual pink blocks were there. I tried enabling again and they went back to their invisible state. Also, because I know you are the owner of the Tmodloader, I'd like to mention that when i started the launcher it said that colored damage types had an error so I don't know if there is just a bug with Tmodloader but whatever. Just thought I'd report the bug.

There seems to be a rather annoying bug that is preventing me from using the filter feature, which is extremely annoying even at my rather small amount of 300 items

Back
Top Bottom