tModLoader Magic Storage

Ive been playing with my friends in multiplayer for about 3 weeks now using Magic Storage. Everything has been working fine untill last night. When i tried to host the world and joined the world, the spawn chunk had completely disapeared (not sure if related to spawn or just because we had the Storage Stuff in that chunk). I am sure that its magic storage that is causing the peculiar bug though. I tried disabling it and hosting the world and the chunk was back and the blocks from magic storage had turned pink. I did make a backup before i disabled the world though so no problem there.

The world is just fine in singleplayer, and there is no problem there.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

View attachment 195031
Spawn chunk singleplayer.

View attachment 195032
Spawn chunk multiplayer.
I had the same issue. This is caused by having too many "Full" storage components in a single chunk. The easiest way to fix this is divide up your storage system into different chunks using the Red "Wireless Storage Terminals". I had errors with ~4000 items so I evenly divided the system into 2 chunks using about 16 hollow storage drives. All the chunks load just fine now in multiplayer. You can see on the left and right towers, my drives. most are offline because i disabled them using the "Storage Wand" to make them evenly filled.

Attachments

• Capture 2018-06-20 20_13_47.png
    Capture 2018-06-20 20_13_47.png
    906.9 KB · Views: 376
MS seems to have a conflict with the most recent version of tModLoader where it'll try to shut itself off due to incompatibility, particularly in multiplayer (although single vs multi might not matter). Will there be an update to fix this?

And just for the sake of mentioning, I suppose, it doesn't seem like MS plays nice with Item Customiser; seems like the game crashes once a storage heart is interacted with when both mods are active.

Can you craft with resources that are in the magic storage like you can with regular chests?
Only if you use a Crafting Interface and fill it with crafting stations. In many ways it's actually far more convienient than normal crafting although it isn't like the crafting with regular chests.

Is there a way to get the quick stack to nearby chests function in your inventory to work with storage components?

Greetings.

You all may have heard of this before. Magic Storage isn't working in Multiplayer. I am using Mac OS X Version 10.10.5, the most recent tModLoader, and the most recent Magic Storage.

When I host it to Multiplayer, the spawn region (Where my Magic Storage units are) is not loaded. It doesn't do this when I am in Single Player.
Additionally, I have tried troubleshooting myself, from reloading my mods multiple times, disabling some mods, rebooting my computer, relaunching Terraria, and nothing has worked.
I do have screenshots.

I have 40 chests of items in my magic storage units, and recently switched from chests to magic storage, putting all the items in my chests into it. It would take hours to put it all into chests. Please help me.

If all hope is lost and you can't fix this, I would be a little bummed, but I would put all items from my magic storage units into my chests.

blushiemagic, if you have time, and you feel like it, a fix would be appreciated.

Everything aside, this mod is amazing, but as everything, has bugs and flaws.
Make sure to check the screenshot.
In the screenshot, the big gap to the left is an unloaded region of my house, which holds a big storage unit directly under it.

Mods List:

Calamity
Thorium
Tremor
JoostMod
Loot Bags
Max Stack Plus
Infinity
Recipe Browser
Wing Slot
What Mod Is This From (WMITF)
More Potions
Boss Checklist
Potion Seller
Magic Storage

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 3.45.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-23 at 3.45.48 PM.png
    861.9 KB · Views: 360
Last edited:
I mean, It's not like I've explained exactly why that issue happens in multiplayer several times now, including why there can never be a fix...

Oh, wait. I HAVE.

I mean, It's not like I've explained exactly why that issue happens in multiplayer several times now, including why there can never be a fix...

Oh, wait. I HAVE.

Sorry, but notice there are 45 pages. I simply don't have time for 45 pages of comments.
This forum should be a nice place, not with rude people.
You could've said:
"I have already explained why this issue happens in multiplayer. It is caused because ..."

Some people get frustrated, and I understand that, but nobody cares for frustration on the internet.

Gotta say, I love this mod. Its so easy to use and is such a great method of storing all of your items without the hassle of running from chest to chest. The only suggestion I have is to make it possible for the player to craft items while accessing the magic storage unit. That way, the play does not have to worry about finding the items they need to craft and can simply do it from the storage unit. Keep up the great work!

get the stupid error(i call this stupid cuz the words in the error doesn't even make sense to me and by no means i would blame this to blueshie as so many others not getting this error with this mod installed) "Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called." EVERY time right click on storage heart or the crafting interface. that just make me cannot play terraria ever. yes, i can play terraria without this mod, but i don't think it's fun to play fargo's mod and "sword of the universe" mod without this mod. Anyone have any idea? thanks in advance.

I have a problem with this mod.
The fact that I come across the Storage Heart sometimes just does not show the stuff freezes and closes.
I'd love to have no more.

get the stupid error(i call this stupid cuz the words in the error doesn't even make sense to me and by no means i would blame this to blueshie as so many others not getting this error with this mod installed) "Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called." EVERY time right click on storage heart or the crafting interface. that just make me cannot play terraria ever. yes, i can play terraria without this mod, but i don't think it's fun to play fargo's mod and "sword of the universe" mod without this mod. Anyone have any idea? thanks in advance.
I've only ever experienced this error after reloading my mods. If you reload your mods (not counting the initial startup loading of mods), it seems to cause this issue without fail until the game is restarted. That said, if you're not reloading your mods, I have no idea what the issue could be I'm afraid.

Crashed, logs.txt mentioned 3 mods, Magic Storage was one of them

Here's the log file in question: https://pastebin.com/NcdK59HZ
I had an accessory from WeaponOut equipped called the "Luminous Emblem," referenced as "LunarAccessory" in the log file. It creates a particle effect around the player sometimes
I opened a chest-like item called a storage unit from Magic Storage. That's the exact moment when I crashed
As for the first error message about a summoning item from Thorium, I'm not sure what that's about. I had no such item nearby, but two players nearby did. One player had a staff that summoned meteor head minions, the other had a staff that summoned grand thunder bird minions

As for how these three things came together to cause the crash, I have no clue. Sorry if I'm reporting this to the wrong person. Also, I would've reported this on discord, but 15+ minutes of searching on the forums, on google, etc. haven't turned up a single valid link to the Magic Storage discord

Um... my game crash when I click the storage heart when I started playing for like 20-30 mins, is there something wrong? It happen to me multiple time when I play for 25 mins

Back
Top Bottom