tModLoader Magic Storage

Hello, i am playing in single player with a brand new character and world and this bug occurs (it even occurs in old players and worlds) basically do you know the crafting station from this mod? the blue crystal box thing? It does not show any recipes that i can craft at all, i put my crafting stations in the designated area and still its not showing anything, i have lots of items on me and its not showing anything. its just empty. please help

Hindsight edit: it's definitely Magic Storage causing the crashes, not the other two mods I mentioned.

@overzero543, The storage crafting interface (blue box) can only take items into consideration for crafting if they're stored in storage units that are connected to it, either directly or indirectly. If they're in your inventory, it can't detect them.

Any plans for controller support (if it's even possible)? I'm using the split-screen mod and the player with the controller can't interact with the crafting or storage interfaces.

could we get more slots for crafting station? maybe have it be an upgrade? I feel like ten wont be enough.
I would like this as well, with other mods I easily run out of space, a similar system to upgrading the storage crates would work to add more slots.

Hello, I am a new user to the Magic Storage mod and a big problem has arisen. I had just restarted my computer and when I go to open Terraria, all of my settings had been reset. I thought nothing of it and continued to open my world. When I spawned in, my Magic Storage unit had completely disappeared. I immediatly turned autosave off and alt+F4'd so it wouldn't save that they weren't there. I reloaded Terraria and the same thing happened again. I have closed out of the world and reentered it before with nothing happening, it happened when I restarted my computer. I've uploaded my world file in this message. If anybody could do some troubleshooting that would be greatly appreciated.
The mods I'm using are:
Calamity Mod v1.3.3.11
Thorium Mod v1.4.3.8
Auto Trash v0.2.1.3
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.7
VeinMiner v1.3.0.5
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.3
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.5
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) v2.5
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
If your going to enter the world my house is to the right.

Attachments

• Coconut_gun.wld
    2.7 MB · Views: 164
Hello, I am a new user to the Magic Storage mod and a big problem has arisen. I had just restarted my computer and when I go to open Terraria, all of my settings had been reset. I thought nothing of it and continued to open my world. When I spawned in, my Magic Storage unit had completely disappeared. I immediatly turned autosave off and alt+F4'd so it wouldn't save that they weren't there. I reloaded Terraria and the same thing happened again. I have closed out of the world and reentered it before with nothing happening, it happened when I restarted my computer. I've uploaded my world file in this message. If anybody could do some troubleshooting that would be greatly appreciated.
The mods I'm using are:
Calamity Mod v1.3.3.11
Thorium Mod v1.4.3.8
Auto Trash v0.2.1.3
Recipe Browser v0.6.1.7
VeinMiner v1.3.0.5
Yet Another Boss Health Bar v1.3
Boss Checklist v0.1.5.5
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF) v2.5
Magic Storage v0.4.3.1
If your going to enter the world my house is to the right.
[doublepost=1531094767,1531094743][/doublepost]I explored the world a bit more and all modded content that's tied to the world has disappeared such as NPC's and blocks. Modded enemies still spawn and modded items that were in my inventory were fine. I was having glitchy effects with multi-block placables like teleporters and statues. I have come to the conclusion that my world is corrupted in some way, I don't know how or why. If you know more on the subject and know if I'm wrong please let me know.

BUG REPORT: In multiplayer worlds, storages get corrupted and disappear, taking the chunk they are in with it. Storage units are fine in single player and need to be moved in order to show up again in multiplayer. My friends and I have to do this everyday to keep playing and we are denying going back to normal chests since Magic Storage is superior. Please fix this... We aren't the only ones having the error, I have seen other reports floating around.

hey, I've been trying to play multiplayer for the past 3 weeks and every time our storage gets above 1000 units their games both just crash over and over, in our last world, after we beat Lunatic Cultist, they could not stay in the world without crashing, I have adhered to advice given in the TModLoader discord, thinking it'd fix it, but after spacing all of my storage units across the world my world would still corrupt in multiplayer and not work, could you please get to a fix on this so I could play with my friends without disabling one of my favorite mods?
thanks!

BUG REPORT: In multiplayer worlds, storages get corrupted and disappear, taking the chunk they are in with it. Storage units are fine in single player and need to be moved in order to show up again in multiplayer. My friends and I have to do this everyday to keep playing and we are denying going back to normal chests since Magic Storage is superior. Please fix this... We aren't the only ones having the error, I have seen other reports floating around.
The thing is that it is a single player worls, I've never used that world or character online ever.

[doublepost=1531094767,1531094743][/doublepost]I explored the world a bit more and all modded content that's tied to the world has disappeared such as NPC's and blocks. Modded enemies still spawn and modded items that were in my inventory were fine. I was having glitchy effects with multi-block placables like teleporters and statues. I have come to the conclusion that my world is corrupted in some way, I don't know how or why. If you know more on the subject and know if I'm wrong please let me know.

Steam Cloud saving, unfortunately, isn't compatible with mods. It'll eat any modded blocks in your world. That sounds like what happened to you.

I don't think there's a way to fix it, other than restoring from a backup.

Hello! It would be super awesome if the search bar in the crafting interface could search for the effects of an item, if you can't remember the name, and can't be arsed to look through 500+ items. For example, if I'm looking for an equipable, instead of just clicking equipment and scrolling through, I search for "underwater breathing", or whatever the equipable does.

Also, I've gotten the multiplayer world corrupted as so many others have. I've found a couple of temporary fixes for it, as moving the storage into another chunk, or splitting it into 2 chunks. I've now gotten to a point where it'll just delete the chunk where the majority of the items are stored, and I don't know how to get the world back on its feet. Does anyone have another temp fix?

is someone still working to fix the bug? the one when u have too many items in the magic storage that cause the world to bug out and creates a huge hole.

is someone still working to fix the bug? the one when u have too many items in the magic storage that cause the world to bug out and creates a huge hole.
not really. it needs a fix in tml, but it hasnt happened yet. it MIGHT be in the next tml update.

Back
Top Bottom