tModLoader Magic Storage

This has been mentioned... Upward of a hundred times at this point. It should really be in bolded red text on the first post by now.

Your storage is too full. Multiplayer servers have a limit of how much data they can send to each client with every packet sent.
Normally this wouldn't be an issue, since you couldn't store enough data in a single chunk to cause issues, but with this mod in particular, you can store hundreds of chests worth of items in a single chunk, easily passing the limit and causing the chunk to not load.

This is, as of now, unsolvable on the mod's end, and is understood to be a limitation of Terraria's network code, or perhaps even the network itself.
You need to load the world in Singleplayer and remove items from storage. The limit is usually around 3000, but depending on how many mods you have loaded that could potentially be lower.

You can set up another unconnected storage network in another distant chunk, if you require more storage, just keep both under the limit, and you should be fine.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't specify, I'm aware of the limit on the number of items each chunk can hold, and I am very certain that is not the problem.

My storage heart shows 0 of 0 items even when it is connected to a storage unit. I can put items in the storage, but they disappear and become irretrievable, leaving the storage unit unbreakable. Sometimes when I right-click the heart or unit, the accessories on my character's appearance disappear and I'm unable to move until I release the mouse button. And as I said, the storage, filled with items or not, eats the whole chunk away when the server is closed and launched again. I only used 1 storage unit, it shouldn't exceed the capacity limit if there is one.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't specify, I'm aware of the limit on the number of items each chunk can hold, and I am very certain that is not the problem.

My storage heart shows 0 of 0 items even when it is connected to a storage unit. I can put items in the storage, but they disappear and become irretrievable, leaving the storage unit unbreakable. Sometimes when I right-click the heart or unit, the accessories on my character's appearance disappear and I'm unable to move until I release the mouse button. And as I said, the storage, filled with items or not, eats the whole chunk away when the server is closed and launched again. I only used 1 storage unit, it shouldn't exceed the capacity limit if there is one.
Oh. Hmmm... In that case, I have to ask, what OS are you using, what OS is running the server, and what OSes are joining the server?
Windows 10 being Windows 10, I wouldn't be surprised if it messed something up. tModLoader and mods have varying levels of success running on Linux distros and Mac OSX due to those versions of Terraria being written in a seperate language. People also semi-frequently report that people being on the same server using different OSes can cause some pretty glaring issues due to the version differences, especially with mods.

If that isn't it, then the only thing I could possibly assume is either the install is corrupt (either the mod, tModLoader, or Terraria itself) or there's another mod messing with it in a bad way.

Oh. Hmmm... In that case, I have to ask, what OS are you using, what OS is running the server, and what OSes are joining the server?
Windows 10 being Windows 10, I wouldn't be surprised if it messed something up. tModLoader and mods have varying levels of success running on Linux distros and Mac OSX due to those versions of Terraria being written in a seperate language. People also semi-frequently report that people being on the same server using different OSes can cause some pretty glaring issues due to the version differences, especially with mods.

If that isn't it, then the only thing I could possibly assume is either the install is corrupt (either the mod, tModLoader, or Terraria itself) or there's another mod messing with it in a bad way.

Yvori,

This is not a problem with users or operating systems. This is a problem with the mod itself. You've continuously dismissed the concerns of the community as conjecture blaming this problem on overloading the storage system or anything other than the coding. If you're an author of the code, I would encourage you to experiment and fix this issue. This mod has great potential, but for right now it's not built correctly.

Yvori,

This is not a problem with users or operating systems. This is a problem with the mod itself. You've continuously dismissed the concerns of the community as conjecture blaming this problem on overloading the storage system or anything other than the coding. If you're an author of the code, I would encourage you to experiment and fix this issue. This mod has great potential, but for right now it's not built correctly.
The great many people, myself included, who have experienced no such issues with the mod at any point, say otherwise.
The fact that for the vast majority of users, the mod works perfectly fine aside from the occasional small-scale error message that doesn't even crash the game, both in singleplayer and multiplayer, points to it not being the mod that's at fault, but some incompatability with something.

I deeply apologize for trying to help in whatever way I, the not-author, can, using information I have that is, to my knowledge, correct.

long time lurker. Just wanted to say this is my favorite mod for terraria. It makes 2 of the best parts about terraria (collecting items and crafting) such an immense joy. I hope this mod continues to receive maintenance updates~ thank you for your hard and ingenious work!

For some reason i don'T seem to be able to craft the storage crafting interface, tried the recipe browser but even there it didn't show a recipe for it

Were you able to fix this issue? Make sure you have the right ingredients
So far not. Well the recipesin here aren't up to date so i can only guess if i have enough of the right things. But like i said in recipe browser the recipe doesn't even get shown although all other things from the mod are shown. It's just the crafting interface.

It's weird because I can make the crafting interface. But for some reason the crafting interface won't let me scroll. So half the items I can craft are hidden. I have to use the filter function to see all my items but for some filters I still can't see everything. Any idea on what's going on? I installed via tmodloader. For some reason, my GF has no problem with it and can scroll just fine. It's just on my end. Any idea on what gives? Here is a picture.

https://imgur.com/a/5lScLb5
5lScLb5

The scrolling for the storage heart works fine though. It's just the crafting interface.

I tried it again while having only magic storage as mod active in case another mod might be the reason but it still didn't work. Then i added the recipe browser again so i could make screens that show that the crafting interface gets found as an item but not as a recipe.
jizQQ6m.png

xmT9z9b.png

Hi, so I get the following error whenever I open Magic Storage and move my mouse to the UI:

4VaVH1T.png

I've figured out that this is due to using Terraria Patcher (as when I run without it, it works fine).

I know this is not exactly your problem, but if you know of any way I can fix this, I'd love it, as I do use Terraria Patcher as well and would like to keep it.

I have another question. I have many different hearts set up in my world. Each one is labelled for different things. Is there a way to connect them all together and connect that to a crafting interface? I like to keep my things separate so they are organised, but it means that I can't really use the crafting interface as everything is split up.
No. Each heart acts as the central controller for a storage network, and you won't even be able to place anything that would end up connecting 2 networks together.

It would be nice if there were a way to expand the crafting interface number of crafting station slots. 10 isn't very many especially once you start adding other mods. I'm assuming building a second interface runs off a completely separate set of crafting stations

It would be nice if there were a way to expand the crafting interface number of crafting station slots. 10 isn't very many especially once you start adding other mods. I'm assuming building a second interface runs off a completely separate set of crafting stations
Yeah, a second interface will allow a second set of crafting stations. You can't use one's stations from the other, unfortunately, but it is still a way to get around the hard limit of 10 at least.

Hi, I've just installed this mod, and im getting a crash whenever I try to save & Exit. I don't use that many other mods, and have even tried it without any other mods installed, and I still get the same crash error when Savings and exiting. I've looked around online and I can't seem to find anyone else having the same problems as me. Anyone have any ideas?

[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11 Beta 1ws client
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on .NET Framework 4.7.2
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:57] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[20:43:58] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MP3Sharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:44:04] [7/INFO] [Terraria]: JIT loading finished
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Finding Mods...
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: CheatSheet
[20:44:04] [7/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: Infinity
[20:44:04] [10/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: MagicStorage
[20:44:04] [9/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:04] [11/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: VeinMiner
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Instantiating Mods...
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: ModLoader
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: CheatSheet
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: Infinity
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: MagicStorage
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: VeinMiner
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Setting up...
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: ModLoader
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: CheatSheet
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: Infinity
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: MagicStorage
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: VeinMiner
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Adding Recipes...
[20:44:16] [10/INFO] [Terraria]: Loading World: Ryans World, IsCloud=False
[20:44:16] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Resetting game objects
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading world data
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Settling liquids
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Ryan, IsCloud=False
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving map data
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving world data
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Validating world save
[20:44:29] [11/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(System.String, System.Object)'.
at MagicStorage.Components.TERemoteAccess.Save()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Hi, I've just installed this mod, and im getting a crash whenever I try to save & Exit. I don't use that many other mods, and have even tried it without any other mods installed, and I still get the same crash error when Savings and exiting. I've looked around online and I can't seem to find anyone else having the same problems as me. Anyone have any ideas?

[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Starting tModLoader v0.11 Beta 1ws client
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Running on .NET Framework 4.7.2
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Executable: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria\Terraria.exe
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Working Directory: F:\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria
[20:43:51] [1/INFO] [tML]: Launch Parameters:
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: MonoMod.RuntimeDetour, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null -> MonoMod.Utils, Version=18.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:51] [1/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Steamworks.NET, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:43:57] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> Mono.Cecil, Version=0.10.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=50cebf1cceb9d05e
[20:43:58] [7/DEBUG] [tML]: Assembly Resolve: -> MP3Sharp, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
[20:44:04] [7/INFO] [Terraria]: JIT loading finished
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Finding Mods...
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: CheatSheet
[20:44:04] [7/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: Infinity
[20:44:04] [10/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: MagicStorage
[20:44:04] [9/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:04] [11/INFO] [tML]: Sandboxing: VeinMiner
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Instantiating Mods...
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: ModLoader
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: CheatSheet
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: Infinity
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: MagicStorage
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:04] [8/INFO] [tML]: Initializing: VeinMiner
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Setting up...
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: ModLoader
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: CheatSheet
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: Infinity
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: MagicStorage
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: ReducedGrinding
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Loading: VeinMiner
[20:44:05] [8/INFO] [tML]: Adding Recipes...
[20:44:16] [10/INFO] [Terraria]: Loading World: Ryans World, IsCloud=False
[20:44:16] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Resetting game objects
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Loading world data
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [StatusText]: Settling liquids
[20:44:17] [10/INFO] [Terraria]: Entering world with player: Ryan, IsCloud=False
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving map data
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Saving world data
[20:44:29] [11/INFO] [StatusText]: Validating world save
[20:44:29] [11/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Void Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TagCompound.Set(System.String, System.Object)'.
at MagicStorage.Components.TERemoteAccess.Save()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities()
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave)
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime)
at Terraria.WorldGen.SaveAndQuitCallBack(Object threadContext)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()
looks like that is 0.11 Beta, it doesn't work with that.

Hi, so I get the following error whenever I open Magic Storage and move my mouse to the UI:

4VaVH1T.png

I've figured out that this is due to using Terraria Patcher (as when I run without it, it works fine).

I know this is not exactly your problem, but if you know of any way I can fix this, I'd love it, as I do use Terraria Patcher as well and would like to keep it.

I got the same problem, is there anything you could do to fix it or should we contact the TerrariaPatcher developer in hope for a fix?

Back
Top Bottom