tModLoader Magic Storage

Currently find myself unable to open tresure bags, and similar items with the mod loaded in the 1.4 alpha.

Is there any way to fix this, or will i just have to "un-load" the mod anytime i want to open a tresure bag or a similar item?
Either disable the mod or download the fixed version from the Discord server in my thread for Magic Storage.

Is there a way to install this mod on the current steam version of the game? Tmodloader doesn't play on 1.4 yet - the 1.4 alpha release... how to put that into the steam terraria game?

Is there a way to install this mod on the current steam version of the game? Tmodloader doesn't play on 1.4 yet - the 1.4 alpha release... how to put that into the steam terraria game?
1.3 mods are downloaded from the ingame Mod Browser (keep in mind that tModLoader is a separate game from Terraria).
If you want to play the 1.4 tModLoader alpha, ask for instructions in the tModLoader Discord server.

Magic Storage - Extra and Magic Storage are two completely separate mods.
Consult the devs for Magic Storage - Extra.
The Devs of "Magic Storage Extra", are pointing HERE, to this thread, in the GitHub... Also noted that the main Dev, of (Magic storage) is also on the (Magic Storage - Extra) mod. They are the reason there is so much confusion.

Description and discussion​

A full description and discussion concerning this mod can be found at the Terraria forum thread

Adding insult to injury (confusion), the tModLoader (browser), shows that (Magic storage) has not been updated in half a year, but (Magic storage - Extra) has been updated 20 days ago.

I think the concept is great, but hearing how everyone is losing everything... Kind-of reduces my desire to risk trying it out, unless I make a world-backup program. :p

I am not even sure what the difference between the two mods are. They both seem to have the same, generic and vague descriptions. One pointing to a GitHub, which is a horrible choice to direct USERS to... (Which then points back here.) Then the original program points to a forum thread, which has lots of detail but many broken images of the way to use the storage. Kind-of critical when using images to SHOW how to connect things, and the images are not there.

The Devs of "Magic Storage Extra", are pointing HERE, to this thread, in the GitHub... Also noted that the main Dev, of (Magic storage) is also on the (Magic Storage - Extra) mod. They are the reason there is so much confusion.

Adding insult to injury (confusion), the tModLoader (browser), shows that (Magic storage) has not been updated in half a year, but (Magic storage - Extra) has been updated 20 days ago.

I think the concept is great, but hearing how everyone is losing everything... Kind-of reduces my desire to risk trying it out, unless I make a world-backup program. :p

I am not even sure what the difference between the two mods are. They both seem to have the same, generic and vague descriptions. One pointing to a GitHub, which is a horrible choice to direct USERS to... (Which then points back here.) Then the original program points to a forum thread, which has lots of detail but many broken images of the way to use the storage. Kind-of critical when using images to SHOW how to connect things, and the images are not there.
blushiemagic has not worked on Magic Storage - Extra in any capacity. There's a reason why Magic Storage - Extra is a fork of the Magic Storage repository.

Magic Storage hasn't been updated in a while because there wasn't any need to update it. Magic Storage - Extra has integration with RecursiveCraft, hence why it's had more recent updates.

People have only been actually losing items in the 1.4 alpha build of the mod and that's (mainly) out of my control.

The only difference between the two is a few extra (hence the name) features in Magic Storage - Extra.

blushiemagic has not worked on Magic Storage - Extra in any capacity. There's a reason why Magic Storage - Extra is a fork of the Magic Storage repository.

Magic Storage hasn't been updated in a while because there wasn't any need to update it. Magic Storage - Extra has integration with RecursiveCraft, hence why it's had more recent updates.

People have only been actually losing items in the 1.4 alpha build of the mod and that's (mainly) out of my control.

The only difference between the two is a few extra (hence the name) features in Magic Storage - Extra.
I think this should serve as an example of why open-source projects are a good thing: it ensures stuff can live on even when the original devs are long gone.
Can't imagine how many people would fork and continue to update Luiafk if it wasn't closed source...

Anywho: As for Magic Storage Extra: people can look to their github, the author actively checks issues tracked there: GitHub - ExterminatorX99/MagicStorageExtra: A tModLoader mod for Terraria

Then the original program points to a forum thread, which has lots of detail but many broken images of the way to use the storage. Kind-of critical when using images to SHOW how to connect things, and the images are not there.
You can go to the Terraria Mod Wiki for instructions:

I created those pages before Gamepedia sold itself to Wikia/Fandom. (Man I really wish they hadn't sold out. The site's usability has plummeted ever since they have fully moved to Fandom.)

You can go to the Terraria Mod Wiki for instructions:

I created those pages before Gamepedia sold itself to Wikia/Fandom. (Man I really wish they hadn't sold out. The site's usability has plummeted ever since they have fully moved to Fandom.)
many people feel that way, my self included
Anywho yeah, front page is a bit dated

Guys , please help me, i have downloaded magic storage , made some storages, but when i open it, it shows ALL ITEMS in game, and i can take out whatever i want. It is like cheating and i dont want that, i only want it to show me the items i collected only, not everything in game. Please anyone can help?

Guys , please help me, i have downloaded magic storage , made some storages, but when i open it, it shows ALL ITEMS in game, and i can take out whatever i want. It is like cheating and i dont want that, i only want it to show me the items i collected only, not everything in game. Please anyone can help?
You placed a Creative Storage Unit.

Issue i've noticed on alpha: while using crafting interface with tier 2 crafting station (includes alchemy table) 33% chance to not consume item doesn't work. Unless i've been especially unlucky with making 30 potions.
EDIT: just put a regular alchemy table there along with tier 2 station, works now. Still hope it'll be fixed.

Last edited:
i'm not sure if it's because i'm playing the 64bit verison or if it's because of the mod but i have the problem that i don't get many recipes displayed in the magic storage extra mod. not even in the hidden recipes filter.

i'm not sure if it's because i'm playing the 64bit verison or if it's because of the mod but i have the problem that i don't get many recipes displayed in the magic storage extra mod. not even in the hidden recipes filter.
Hey i got the same issue, i just tested it in 32bit and there magic storage extra shows me all recipes but in 64bit it only shows a few

Hey, im a mac user and theres a problem where if i try and install a mod it just downloads for a second, then stops and doesnt do anything. To fix this i need to download the mod file and manually put it into the mod folder. Your page doesnt have a download link but i really want this mod, ive heard good things from my friend. Could you please put the dowload link? :(

Hey, im a mac user and theres a problem where if i try and install a mod it just downloads for a second, then stops and doesnt do anything. To fix this i need to download the mod file and manually put it into the mod folder. Your page doesnt have a download link but i really want this mod, ive heard good things from my friend. Could you please put the dowload link? :(
You can download the mod from the mirror site mentioned in the pins of the #general channel in the tModLoader Discord server.

Any help when Playing the map in single player it works fine, hosting it with a sever I get the following error while accesses the magic storage.

Screen Shot 2022-02-13 at 8.37.07 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom