tModLoader Magic Storage

I really like your mod but I'm having some problems. It worked perfectly the first time I played with it. Later I accidentally started my world without the mod, reloaded the mod, and got back on the world. Now my storage heart and remote storage access don't work and neither do my storage units. Whenever I right click them, it just stops all my movement. Then I broke the storage heart and remote storage access and placed them back. I was able to get into them but none of my items are showing up. I think your mod has some bugs :p
That actually sounds like a bug with tModLoader, rather than this mod. We could try to find out what's going on and fix it for the next tModLoader update.

bluemagic123 do you have any idea what's causing the issue with the mod not working in multiplayer? I have v0.9.2.2 and it was working fine yesterday but now it's just toggling cosmetics and posting Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer in the server console. CasperDaGhost had the same issue but "we fixed it now" and i have no idea what he means by his solution. Otherwise great mod, can't wait for a remote access to the inventory like a money trough.

Last edited:
I really like your mod but I'm having some problems. It worked perfectly the first time I played with it. Later I accidentally started my world without the mod, reloaded the mod, and got back on the world. Now my storage heart and remote storage access don't work and neither do my storage units. Whenever I right click them, it just stops all my movement. Then I broke the storage heart and remote storage access and placed them back. I was able to get into them but none of my items are showing up. I think your mod has some bugs :p
No, its your fault, the tile entities were destroyed when u loaded the world without the mod :p rip items
[doublepost=1491732020,1491731941][/doublepost]
bluemagic123 do you have any idea what's causing the issue with the mod not working in multiplayer? I have v0.9.2.2 and it was working fine yesterday but now it's just toggling cosmetics and posting Error on message Terraria.MessageBuffer in the server console. CasperDaGhost had the same issue but "we fixed it now" and i have no idea what he means by his solution. Otherwise great mod, can't wait for a remote access to the inventory like a money trough.
There is a remote access already :V

Hmm, does the server console give any more details than that?

I found a crash

How to reproduce: Search for anything such that only a single item shows up (I did this twice accidentally with Guide Voodoo Dolls, and a Blowpipe). Then, right click that item out of the storage. Instant crash to main menu. This also functions on stacks of items, so long as you take out all the items with right click. Notably, this also functions as a dupe glitch, because you still get the items back out of your storage but they'll still be in the storage when you log back in because it failed to save.
Untitled.png

Right Click the blowpipe (or any item you're removing the last of, leaving the storage "empty" during the search)

Result
Untitled2.png

When ever I try to open my system if my inv is closed all that happens is my vanity armour goes invisible. If my inv is open it flashes the storage window but it vanishes instantly. I'm using the latest version of tmodloader and the only other mod I have is reduced grinding

Also, I had a bit of a request. Can you make it possible to search for things in the description of an item?
For example, if I wanted to find the Grappling Hook but for some reason didn't remember its name, I could still search for the description in its tooltip, so that if I typed "Get over" then it'll show up.
Similarly, I could type "Material" to show all stored materials, or maybe search for "Melee Damage" if I wanted to find my melee weapons.

Could this sort of functionality be added? Is it even possible?

So, odd bug that may be caused by this mod, if I constantly place an item without letting up, I will crash. Easy to dupe, just place a wall constantly and fill a spot, but don't let up on the mouse. Then crash. :/

I found a crash

How to reproduce: Search for anything such that only a single item shows up (I did this twice accidentally with Guide Voodoo Dolls, and a Blowpipe). Then, right click that item out of the storage. Instant crash to main menu. This also functions on stacks of items, so long as you take out all the items with right click. Notably, this also functions as a dupe glitch, because you still get the items back out of your storage but they'll still be in the storage when you log back in because it failed to save.
View attachment 165245
Right Click the blowpipe (or any item you're removing the last of, leaving the storage "empty" during the search)

Result
View attachment 165246
Thanks for the detailed error report! This bug has now been fixed for the next update.

When ever I try to open my system if my inv is closed all that happens is my vanity armour goes invisible. If my inv is open it flashes the storage window but it vanishes instantly. I'm using the latest version of tmodloader and the only other mod I have is reduced grinding
I'm not really sure what causes this, but in the next update I'll add some diagnostics that will hopefully pinpoint the problem. Do you still get this bug when reduced grinding is disabled?

Also, I had a bit of a request. Can you make it possible to search for things in the description of an item?
For example, if I wanted to find the Grappling Hook but for some reason didn't remember its name, I could still search for the description in its tooltip, so that if I typed "Get over" then it'll show up.
Similarly, I could type "Material" to show all stored materials, or maybe search for "Melee Damage" if I wanted to find my melee weapons.

Could this sort of functionality be added? Is it even possible?
That's possible, but it would be pretty hard to actually implement (mostly because it would require copying over a huge chunk of code from the vanilla source then renaming all the variables).

So, odd bug that may be caused by this mod, if I constantly place an item without letting up, I will crash. Easy to dupe, just place a wall constantly and fill a spot, but don't let up on the mouse. Then crash. :/
That's really odd. I'm unable to replicate the bug; does the game give you any error message?

It's a CTD, so not really. Might be a compat issue. I have a lot of mods.

EDIT:: Actually, I think I found it.
Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.SlotFocusLogic()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.UpdateItemSlots()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

Last edited:
v0.2
-Now requires at least tModLoader v0.9.2.2 to load
-You can now deactivate Storage Units with the new Storage Unit Wand
-Vastly improved spritework
-Fixed massive slowdowns on certain occassions
-Fixed crash when right-click-withdrawing last item in display
-Added logging to help diagnose errors
-The storage GUI now displays item count and capacity across the entire network

Huge thanks to @AdipemDragon for the spritework in this update!

So does this mean there is no fps drop? Because if so then this means I can actually play with this mod! Keep up the great work bluemagic!

Oh man have i got a funny story for you. Playing some modded terraria with my friends. 50 mods in total, including yours. And we are having this irritating issue, loot bags aren't dropping from mobs, summon npc potions don't summon, and a bunch of other issues. So i spend 2 hours going through the list removing mods one at a time to see which one is causing the issue, and by some dumb unluckiness your mod is the last one on the list, and also the one causing the issues. So i come here to make a bug report to try and solve the issue and boom. While i am TYPING THE REPORT... you post an update that fixes the issue. Do you hate me? Excuse my rudeness, i'm a little salty atm.

it took me 3 hours to figure it's your mod that's causing the FPS drop when opening chests. anyway got it fixed by updating. thanks for the fix!

Back
Top Bottom