tModLoader Magic Storage

So, I've fount an item duplication glitch with the mod.
(Sorry if I'm in the wrong place for this, I'm new here)
So if anyone can point me to the place to report stuff like this that would be super.

I was wondering if there was any way to make a system with 1-block center symmetry rather than only being able to use 2-block center symmetry, because i like to keep me home base symmetrical with the center being the world spawn point and cut by a 3-block wide hellevator:
Capture.PNG

Oh and does it work with quick stack?

I was wondering if there was any way to make a system with 1-block center symmetry rather than only being able to use 2-block center symmetry, because i like to keep me home base symmetrical with the center being the world spawn point and cut by a 3-block wide hellevator:
View attachment 177390

Oh and does it work with quick stack?
You can place a Storage Connector in the middle, those are one block sized

There is something in my Magic Storage that is making the game crash with the attached error. Not sure what is in the inventory that is triggering it

Magic Storage Crash.png

Edi: I disabled all other mods, and reloaded, then re-enabled, and reloaded again. A few oddities that I think were specific to other mods because of this, but it fixed the crashing issue I was having.

Last edited:
It's a really amazing mod and I love it but how can I move storage components with items in it and how can u move items to another storage drive (cuase I dont want to put everything in chests to be able to move the components)
Use the staff included in the mod (sorry I cant remember the name but its easy to craft (try rubies at the guide)) and this disables a storage box and moves all its contents to the others. So when im moving stuff aroundI like to spawn in a terra one and then disable all of my ones move them around then disable the terra one and fixed :p

Use the staff included in the mod (sorry I cant remember the name but its easy to craft (try rubies at the guide)) and this disables a storage box and moves all its contents to the others. So when im moving stuff aroundI like to spawn in a terra one and then disable all of my ones move them around then disable the terra one and fixed :p
its crafted from the actuation rod or whatever that manually toggles actuators

So I'm not sure if this is possible with the mod coding, but I had an idea that would make things incredibly convenient; the ability to directly craft recipe ingredients.

Let's say I'm looking in the crafting interface (specifically viewing the "all recipes" mode) to make a grappling hook, and I have a hook but no chains. Instead of needing to go search for the chain recipe so I can craft some of my iron into one, what I'm envisioning would make it so that I could simply click on the chain in the grappling hook's recipe and directly craft the chain from there. Basically, the ability to go "oh, I can make that, but I haven't yet; lemme fix that" in a single step instead of needing to back out of a current search.

So I'm not sure if this is possible with the mod coding, but I had an idea that would make things incredibly convenient; the ability to directly craft recipe ingredients.

Let's say I'm looking in the crafting interface (specifically viewing the "all recipes" mode) to make a grappling hook, and I have a hook but no chains. Instead of needing to go search for the chain recipe so I can craft some of my iron into one, what I'm envisioning would make it so that I could simply click on the chain in the grappling hook's recipe and directly craft the chain from there. Basically, the ability to go "oh, I can make that, but I haven't yet; lemme fix that" in a single step instead of needing to back out of a current search.

That would be handy. There are examples of this in other games where if you're missing an ingredient for a recipe, but have the ingredients to make that missing component, it will automatically create whatever is missing for you without you needing to do that manually.

Chances are this is possible, but may require some custom UI or something.

One feature I would like, is that it won't show anything you can craft, until you start typing. With a lot of mods, and a huge inventory, and crappy PC, it can be sloooooow to respond when you first start searching

@blushiemagic What are the chances of adding a vendor interface to the mod? Let's say 5 diamonds, 15 gold bars and a storage component make a vendor interface that works pretty much the same way as the crafting interface, only the only purpose for it is to sell items.

The biggest thing for me with this mod is that it still takes some time to sort through your inventory to sell whatever you don't want and then dump the rest into the storage. I think this would be a huge QoL feature.

One feature I would like, is that it won't show anything you can craft, until you start typing. With a lot of mods, and a huge inventory, and crappy PC, it can be sloooooow to respond when you first start searching
At least the ability to change what it filters and that filter to be saved onto the thing through reloads and whatnot, so no modded items filter or just a set amount that can load at one time perhaps.

hi, thanks for most useful mod :passionate:

im new here. btw i want to ask, is it possible for you make a locator that can store heart location without being cleared after used on remote? that will be super useful to access storage from anywhere. :p

Last edited:
Would it be possible to add a storage specifically just for banners so we don't have to have them placed all over to get the buffs from them? Maybe make it upgrade the same way as the storage containers to increase the range the buff extends, nothing crazy long distance though, to maybe like 4 times the usual distance at max. I know it's a tad out of the scope of this mod but in an odd way it still seems fitting.

Easily the best mod for Terraria, seriously; thanks for your hard work.

Awesome mod ! Like AE in minecraft ! Would it be possible with current tmodloader hooks to implement stuff like automatic item push to chests from the system or from chests (or more general container interface) back to the system ? That would make more automation techniques possible . Then maybe automatic furnaces, electricity, generators and auto mining !!!! )))))

Last edited:
This mod is pretty awesome. :) It does seem very early game for the amount of convenience it gives (pretty much obsoletes normal chests and even whole crafting rooms); would be nice if magic storage were a hardmode or even post-mechanical upgrade to normal storage, instead of replacing it entirely.

I suppose I can just edit the recipes myself for my personal version. :)

Back
Top Bottom