tModLoader Magic Storage

So here's an oddity. You can stand on Storage Units as if they were platforms, but once you upgrade them to any higher tier, you can no longer stand on them.

Is there a way to get it to deposit items into the crafting interface without having to exit out and click on the storage heart again?

Is there a way to get it to deposit items into the crafting interface without having to exit out and click on the storage heart again?
only for the recipe you have selected. the result of the selected recipe can be input into the respective slot. other than that the only way to fill the storage is via the access/heart

Oh okay. And is there a way to move the crafting unit? I can move the storage heart but not the crafting station for some reason. The pickaxe or the wand doesn't work on it.

Edit: Nevermind I needed to get rid of the crafting stations first.

Last edited:
Hi. Thanck for your absolutly must have mod! Its avesome!

Some of my suggestion:
  • Alt + click to mark item as favorite. Favorite items always sort on top.
  • Filter by damage type. Magic/Ranged/Melee/Mod (Bard from Thorium for example)/etc
  • Filter armor and accessories separatly
  • Sort by damage and defence value

I just moved my character and world to the cloud and upon loading up my world, all magic storage stuff is gone. Does this have to do with the .twld files no longer being read? I can see a comment at the top of this page (possibly previous page after posting this comment) that seems pretty similar to my situation.

EDIT: I can confirm that moving character/world off of the "cloud" restores the magic storage content, but if anyone could tell me where to copy the .twld files (cloud location?), if it's possible that is. thank you​

Last edited:
I just moved my character and world to the cloud and upon loading up my world, all magic storage stuff is gone. Does this have to do with the .twld files no longer being read? I can see a comment at the top of this page (possibly previous page after posting this comment) that seems pretty similar to my situation.

EDIT: I can confirm that moving character/world off of the "cloud" restores the magic storage content, but if anyone could tell me where to copy the .twld files (cloud location?), if it's possible that is. thank you​
thats more of a TML issue. to my knowledge the cloud storage only affects the vanilla files. modded content is ignored. you'd be better off checking in the TML thread though.

thats more of a TML issue. to my knowledge the cloud storage only affects the vanilla files. modded content is ignored. you'd be better off checking in the TML thread though.

Yeah i soon realized that it didn't have anything to do w/ Magic Storage. And okay i'll ask there if i decide i want to enable cloud backups. As of now, i changed my mind and feel safer avoiding using cloud storage while running the game TML lol. I'm glad i make frequent backups cuz even after "moving off of cloud", the game didn't recognize my character being previously connected w/ my world and all of the map was fogged out. Thanks for the response and direction.

Hey i'm having problems with a certain mod called Kalciphoz's RPG Mod. It changes your interface which makes it so every time i try to open the storage with this mod enabled it doesn't show up at all. Is it possible to fix this or no, because i would really like to be able to have both mods enabled and not have to choose.
I may end up disabling the RPG mod but just incase anyone else wants to use this mod along with your storage mod if possible it would be nice if it was fixed.

Hey i'm having problems with a certain mod called Kalciphoz's RPG Mod. It changes your interface which makes it so every time i try to open the storage with this mod enabled it doesn't show up at all. Is it possible to fix this or no, because i would really like to be able to have both mods enabled and not have to choose.
I may end up disabling the RPG mod but just incase anyone else wants to use this mod along with your storage mod if possible it would be nice if it was fixed.
this WAS an issue on kalciphoz's end. it has been fixed in the recent update though, so better update your mods
since the update was released a few days ago, maybe try to check for updates everytime you start up TML

Not sure if I'm just using the mod incorrectly, but crafting doesn't quite make sense to me. The crafting interface doesn't seem to "see" anything in my personal inventory. I must first deposit the item into the system before it can be crafted with. Likewise, I cannot use anything inside of magic storage with the traditional crafting stations unless I first withdraw it from the system. I love having a huge pool of storage, but I'm finding the extra deposit/withdraw step to be somewhat tedious. Am I missing something?

Not sure if I'm just using the mod incorrectly, but crafting doesn't quite make sense to me. The crafting interface doesn't seem to "see" anything in my personal inventory. I must first deposit the item into the system before it can be crafted with. Likewise, I cannot use anything inside of magic storage with the traditional crafting stations unless I first withdraw it from the system. I love having a huge pool of storage, but I'm finding the extra deposit/withdraw step to be somewhat tedious. Am I missing something?
Just deposit anything into the storage, then you can craft from there. It can't craft directly from the inventory, so you have to deposit the items into storage first. For crafting stations, there's spots to put them at the top of the interface.

Just deposit anything into the storage, then you can craft from there. It can't craft directly from the inventory, so you have to deposit the items into storage first. For crafting stations, there's spots to put them at the top of the interface.

Right, I understood that, but it seems inconvenient. Maybe I just have a weird workflow, but being unable to craft with items in my personal inventory is a pretty big annoyance.

Maybe this could be implemented in a future update?

Right, I understood that, but it seems inconvenient. Maybe I just have a weird workflow, but being unable to craft with items in my personal inventory is a pretty big annoyance.

Maybe this could be implemented in a future update?
I notice I have to close the crafting interface, open the storage interface, deposit the item, then go back to the crafting interface a lot. It would be nice to either have it craft from the inventory, or allow us to put things into the crafting interface and have it go into storage. But really, it's a minor annoyance at best and may just be a limitation of how the mod works.

So, I get this issue when I open the crafting...

It doesn't affect my gameplay, it doesn't crash the game, but it gets really annoying.

I did open the crafting on 150% UI Scale, and I don't get this error... so it must be a UI thing
Screenshot 2017-12-15 00.03.11.png

Screenshot 2017-12-15 00.03.28.png

Back
Top Bottom