tModLoader Magic Storage

Can you all send me your player and world files in a private message? This is an error with Even More Modifiers specifically, some kind of loading issue for items. If you can send me the files, I can figure it out and it's fixed next update.

All fixed. (Update the mod)
http://prntscr.com/jaio3e Mine is still very much broken :/ I have updated all mods. Magic Storage is quite old is there any chance it is that? I really want it to get updated and get new features anywho

Wait I might have the solution, the problem is all the date is allotted to the single spot, if you split the chests into multiple different locations across your world using the wireless things you can effectively split the storage in half, the first heart will have to be connected and you can do mass item movement by shifting things with the storage wand, but this is what mine looks like, basically the 3 wooden blocks on the left are individual storage hearts, all connected wireless to the main house, it will take some screwing around to find the perfect thing, but we currently have over 2000 items in our seperate chests ( 500, 700ish 500 500 ) and the server works perfectly with 40+ mods

I finally got it to work last night after doing this, thanks!

I'm not sure what the exact threshold was, but I had to empty my main storage down to <1300 items and then the chunk was able to load again in MP. I dumped the other half of my storage into a second heart I made in a floating island base some distance away, as in your example. I also warned the other players not to let their storage systems get too far above 1000 items.

Getting repeated (but not consistent) crashes when trying to access Storage Heart:

Code:
4/27/2018 1:45:23 AM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
   at Terraria.Main.RenderBackground()
   at Terraria.Main.do_Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.DoDraw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
   at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)

Mods installed:
Recipe Browser 0.6.1.3
Calamity Addon 0.1
Calamity 1.3.1.1
Boss Checklist 0.1.5.3
Magic Storage 0.4.3.1

I think i found a bug. When i run Magic Storage on a server half my base gets removed but it is only happening in multiplayer, It has only happened on this world where i run with a couple of mods with my friends. If you have and knowlage on how to fix this please let me know. :/
733da364b105ce18e0e6f4aa92d5e03d.png

https://gyazo.com/733da364b105ce18e0e6f4aa92d5e03d
[doublepost=1524839397,1524839157][/doublepost]@AdipemDragon I think ive found a bug. Whenever i host a server with the Magicstorage mod enabled on my world (That works in singleplayer) it removes half of my base.
It only happens when i host the server but not when i play singleplayer. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 733da364b105ce18e0e6f4aa92d5e03d.png
    733da364b105ce18e0e6f4aa92d5e03d.png
    545.5 KB · Views: 141
Getting repeated (but not consistent) crashes when trying to access Storage Heart:
Code:
4/27/2018 1:45:23 AM
System.InvalidOperationException: Begin cannot be called again until End has been successfully called.
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch.Begin(SpriteSortMode sortMode, BlendState blendState, SamplerState samplerState, DepthStencilState depthStencilState, RasterizerState rasterizerState, Effect effect, Matrix transformMatrix)
   at Terraria.Main.RenderBackground()
   at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)

Mods installed:
Recipe Browser 0.6.1.3
Calamity Addon 0.1
Calamity 1.3.1.1
Boss Checklist 0.1.5.3
Magic Storage 0.4.3.1

I'm also getting this crash, when accessing the storage system through other peripherals. Not consistently, but at least once every couple hours.

EDIT: Accidental double post

Last edited:
I also get a repeated crash issue when I attempt to access the Storage Heart. It seems to me like it's triggered by reloading my enabled mods, such as on startup. Can something please be done?

Attachments

• Capture4.PNG
    Capture4.PNG
    33.9 KB · Views: 184
@blushiemagic I have downloaded this mod, it's awesome btw, but I filled up my Crafting Interface Bar. Just like the Storage Components, they have storage upgrades. You should be able to use upgrades for the Crafting Interface so, the bar will have more spaces for other crafting thingys! Thanks!

"... will be able to craft very early on..."

-makes it require one of the more rare gems to find- -shadow diamond never drops-

Cool, thanks. -downloads Builder's Workshop-

Last edited:
"... will be able to craft very early on..."

-makes it require one of the more rare gems to find- -shadow diamond never drops-

Cool, thanks. -downloads Builder's Workshop-

Don't know what you're talking about - shadow diamond drops from every vanilla boss the first time you kill them, at least it always has for me.

MISSING CHUNK kinda ~FIX

So guys, I too have "missing chunk" problem in MP and its ok in SP and I found how to fix it.

Soo you need to have MAX 600-1000 (Dont know exact, but its beetwen this 2) items per 1 storage heart in 1 chunk. Not the amount of total items slots or storages, its all about how many items you have in 1 storage heart PER chunk.
Right here I have 1200 items seperate on 2 chunk with 2 storage hearts. If I will place any storage to one of this hearts and move all items from one to another - the chunk with all items will dissapear in MP.
upload_2018-5-1_23-47-11.png

Me and my friend have been trying different things also. Our multiplayer game did the same thing yours did but we are having different results with testing. For one a chunk on ours can have under 1000 items and still glitch, also we went to another one of his worlds and had 5000 or so items in his system with him having about 40 or 50 storage units with 20 of them having crimson upgrades and 10 having hallowed and it loaded up just fine. I looked at how he coded in the storage units and each storage unit block is a separate component that holds its own storage data on top of it. It is not all stored in the heart, the heart is more like an interface. I even tested this on my own world where I separated the storage units themselves into different chunks and connected them by the storage wires. It worked for a while then glitched again for unknown reasons. :/

Me and my friend have been trying different things also. Our multiplayer game did the same thing yours did but we are having different results with testing. For one a chunk on ours can have under 1000 items and still glitch, also we went to another one of his worlds and had 5000 or so items in his system with him having about 40 or 50 storage units with 20 of them having crimson upgrades and 10 having hallowed and it loaded up just fine. I looked at how he coded in the storage units and each storage unit block is a separate component that holds its own storage data on top of it. It is not all stored in the heart, the heart is more like an interface. I even tested this on my own world where I separated the storage units themselves into different chunks and connected them by the storage wires. It worked for a while then glitched again for unknown reasons. :/

Well I connected both storages together and till the items in 1 chunk is <1000 its ok, but when storage heart desides to move from 1 chunk to another - chunk is missing again. Funny that chunk is missing only after you rejoin server, also server sees the missing blocks, its somehow only client-side error there chunk can not be displayed. If you try to shot somethink that can destroy blocks with projectile - not displayed blocks will be destroyed and dropped.

Overall this is amazing. I wish there was a way to delete items from it quickly. One thing i was thinking of was Control click would highlight your item, and there could be a delete button. This is just me because i hate having 40 sets of bridal gowns in my chest. :p

Another thing i would think is cool, is a way to lock the units, Like how you can deactivate them with the wand, and you can pick them up with the items inside and move them to a new location without having to wire it up all the way.

Last edited:
EDIT: After doing some testing, turning on plugin support is what is causing the crashes. I can use all other features of tPatcher
I get a crash when using tPatcher with Magic Storage. Every time I try to access my storage in any way, it crashes out of the game. This mod is the only one that causes a crash like this while using tPatcher. All of my other mods work flawlessly. I don't know what the cause is, but I'd like to be able to figure it out so that I can use this extremely useful mod.
Here's the log from the crash:

I got the same error when opening the storage heart my girlfriend also got that same error a little bit later we can use it sometimes but other times it crashes with that error (I am using tModloader not tPatcher) and am unsure why this is happening i do have quite a few mods enabled but none that do anything with storage items so not sure why i'm getting the error.

EDIT: Everything was fine until i installed HERO's mod, then i got the first crash i have since disabled that mod but the crash is still happening.

After doing abit of thinking it seemed to happen on multiplayer when 1 of two people used the storage system then the second person used it directly afterwards the game crashed for them, but the storage works fine when using it on your own or if only 1 person uses the system

Last edited:
I'm also getting this crash, when accessing the storage system through other peripherals. Not consistently, but at least once every couple hours.

EDIT: Accidental double post

Hey, are you using tModloader, if so what mods do you have enabled when playing and is it on multiplayer or single player? When me and my girlfriend play we are getting the same issue (With multiplayer hasn't happened yet in singleplayer) and was wondering if it was mod conflict or something

My Mods List (To help the mod developer figure out the bug)
  • Fishing Rewards Recipe
  • More Accessories+
  • Magic Storage
  • Furniture, Food and Fun
  • Quality Of Life: Recipes
  • Recipe Browser
  • Boss Checklist
  • Hamstars Helpers
  • Which mod is this from?
  • Loot Bags
  • Rewards
  • Fargos Mutant Mod
  • Wing Slot
  • Crystilium
  • Even More Modifiers
  • Shorter Respawn Time
  • Vex's Quality of Life Items
  • Vanilla Tweaks
  • Imk Sushi's Mod
  • Zoaklen Mod
  • Thorium Mod
  • Tremor Mod Remastered

(I know there's a lot i'm using)

I am also pretty sure this is a Multiplayer issue i havn't had any problems so far while playing on my own. (I'll let you know if that changes)

Last edited:
If i can make a suggestion, I want to know if its possible to have the connectors go through (actuated) blocks (and doors/platforms) particularly for larger builds, or failing that a wall equivalent?

Back
Top Bottom