tModLoader Magic Storage

Would it ever be possible to have this mod use ordinary chests as storage? This is a very useful mod, but it makes my storage and crafting rooms look so boring!

Love this mod.
Using it for each run since i saw it.
One request - i would love more sorting options, Default sorting is kinda the only option we use
since the other ones doesnt really benefit you in any way ingame,

I really like the Options on the Recipie Browser mod, - Filters, + tooltip search

or options from heros mod .
, maybe the Methods could be repurposed?
I Just got into the modding api so i dont really know.

Last edited:
I'm currently having trouble with this mod as I am running a server with five other people and after updating Tmodloader to its newest version when I load up my server part of the world is gone due to the magic storage causing certain tiles near the storage to not load in, I have concluding that this is the only mod causing this problem, I am currently running these mods, "AlchemistNPC, Auto Trash, Blockaroz's Costumes, Brutal Redux, Calamity Mod, Dual Wielding, Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls, Yet Another Boss Health Bar, imkSushi's Data Packs, imkSushi's Death Counters Mod, imkSushi's Mod, imkSushi Name Pack, imkSushi Naturally Occuring Moons Mod, Even More Modifiers, Luiafk, Magic Storage, MaxStackPlus, The Potion Merchant, Thaumaturgy, Thorium Mod, Tremor Mod Remastered, and the ZoaklenMod.
(I started my server in v0.10.1.4 and didn't have this problem while playing, this only started after I updated to v0.10.1.5)

Server Back in v0.10.1.4:
upload_2018-7-22_0-48-48.png

Server with the Magic Storage disabled: (The pink is the storage)
[Section of house missing}
upload_2018-7-22_0-41-54.png
upload_2018-7-22_0-47-58.png

Server with the Magic Storage Enabled:
upload_2018-7-22_0-44-53.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-22_0-46-50.png
    upload_2018-7-22_0-46-50.png
    501.5 KB · Views: 223
I checked back a few pages, didn't see a report for a repro crash I've had happen several times now. Follow these steps without fully exiting the game:
1 - Load up your world, and open your magic storage at least once
2 - Save & Exit to the title screen
3 - Reload mods
4 - Open your world, and open magic storage
5 - Reopen Terraria, because it just crashed

This it most certainly with Magic Storage, I've had it happen on every world that has used this mod.

I can not speak English.
Excuse my Google translation.

I found a problem, I found out the cause is Magic Storage so I will report it here.

If you are playing multiplay for a while, some players will not be able to enter.
When rebuilding it, the range of rotation is gouged from the spawn point as a starting point (though the original thing there is invisible and not touched, but it seems to exist).
It seems to happen only when Magic Storage is on if you turn Mod on / off variously.
So, I do not have to use it, but I like Magic Storage very much and I would like to continue using it.
In addition, the above-mentioned problems only occur under multi-environment.
There is another problem derived from Magic Storage, the behavior of sand eroded by deep red is strange.
Purification does not go well and the behavior of the block itself is also strange.
This seems to happen only when Magic Storage is on.

Although the cause is Magic Storage, since there is a possibility that it may be derived from other mod, we will enumerate introduced mods.
AlchemistNPC
ARPGLoot
AutoTrash
BannerBonanza
BossChecklist
CalamityMod
Fishing3
Leveled
MagicStorage
MaxStackPlus
RecipeBrowser
ShorterRespawn
SpiritMod
TheLuggage
ThoriumMod
Tremor
WingSlot
ZoaklenMod

I think that it is difficult to understand because it is Google translation, sorry.

Attachments

• Capture 2018-07-22 21_36_41.png
    Capture 2018-07-22 21_36_41.png
    427 KB · Views: 334
I had to get rid of Tremor Re-mastered cause its causing errors I believe I just can't wait till I can use Tremor again its such a good mod !

Ive been playing with my friends in multiplayer for about 3 weeks now using Magic Storage. Everything has been working fine untill last night. When i tried to host the world and joined the world, the spawn chunk had completely disapeared (not sure if related to spawn or just because we had the Storage Stuff in that chunk). I am sure that its magic storage that is causing the peculiar bug though. I tried disabling it and hosting the world and the chunk was back and the blocks from magic storage had turned pink. I did make a backup before i disabled the world though so no problem there.

The world is just fine in singleplayer, and there is no problem there.

Do you have any idea on how to fix this?

View attachment 195031
Spawn chunk singleplayer.

View attachment 195032
Spawn chunk multiplayer.
i have the same problem as well and we just started playing on a new world so we dont have 8000 slots and the world still glitches

is there any way to fix it

Really love ur Mod. But would be way better, if those connectors were put into the wire-layer, so they are invisible. :)

Hi, so I just installed MS on my brand new world, and when I click on the storage crafting interface, it repeatedly gives me this error:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MagicStorage.InterfaceHelper.HideItemIconCache()
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.Draw(TEStorageHeart heart)

I can still interact with the interface, however whenever my mouse touches the GUI the interface disappears and I hear repeated whirring sounds of text appearing. Anyone know what’s going on?

My game has also crashed, and when rebooted, every world refuses to open, even with brand new characters.

Terraria 1.3.5.2
tModLoader 0.10.1.5

VeinMiner
Calamity
Thorium
Infinity
Wireless
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
What Mod is This From
Dual Wielding
Solutions
Max Stacks Plus
JoostMod
Cheat Sheet
AlchemistNPC
Fargo’s Mutant Mod
imkSushi’s Mod

Attachments

• Runtime Error.txt
    452 bytes · Views: 213
  • Logs.txt
    216 bytes · Views: 204
  • client-crashlog.txt
    1.6 KB · Views: 219
  • Runtime Error.txt
    508 bytes · Views: 246
Last edited:
Update: blushie has stated on the github that the next tModLoader update will fix the multiplayer chunk corruption glitch:

c98d7aecc6ecb5ff0dcf39ac12ca4d5a.png

I encountered this while placing a storage heart down on a stone slab wall. Maybe it was just too tight? I dunno, decided to post it anyways

Attachments

• Logs.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 200
  • enabled.json
    294 bytes · Views: 177
I actually can't wait till you guys update this I imagine this is the mod causing some errors its not your fault cause you sound like a busy team keep up the good work :D hope you bring the mod to 1.3.6 and even 1.4 ! :D
[doublepost=1533957067,1533956927][/doublepost]
Update: blushie has stated on the github that the next tModLoader update will fix the multiplayer chunk corruption glitch:

c98d7aecc6ecb5ff0dcf39ac12ca4d5a.png
I believe I am encountering the same error everytime I scroll down the magic storage crafting interface I get these red console errors that fill the entire left bottom of my screen something about "index is out of range" something along the lines of that

Hi, I modded a bit your mod to reduce spoilers and make it more comfortable for my playstyle where I want to see what new things I can make. The pull request https://github.com/blushiemagic/MagicStorage/pull/59
  1. Sorting by Quantity replaced by sorting by item Value,
  2. Only recipes from known ingredients are shown (if ItemCheckList is installed), non-directly available recipes (through intermediate crafting) are also considered in this check, you can mark items as not new with right click when in the "Only new items" mode.
  3. Instead of "Available recipes" and "All recipes" buttons there are 3 new buttons: "New recipes" (showing never crafted recipes), "All known recipes" and "Hidden recipes"
  4. You can (un)hide recipes with ctrl+left click,
  5. Gem cost is 2 times lowered,
  6. 30 crafting stations instead of 10,
  7. Added sorting by DPS,
  8. Added DPS calculator to the crafting menu,
  9. Search text can be canceled with right click on text field,
  10. Arrow keys, home, end, delete work in search field,
  11. Added more filters for weapons and equipment,
  12. Added "Recent items" filter that shows last 100 deposited items which were not deposited in this heart before, they are shown with "shinyAndNew" decoration too,
  13. Mods are selected with left-right click instead of searchbox typing,
  14. Recipe item icon is displayed on top instead of "Selected recipe",
  15. You can open ingredient crafting by right clicking it into recipe,
  16. Right click on Deposit button (now named "Transfer All") to Restock,
  17. Favorites support in storage and recipes (alt+click),
  18. A toggle to show only favorited items,
  19. You can freely take new weapons, tools, armor and equipment "for demo" but only once (it's not in the "new" list afterwise). Those items are removed on death and while you have them with you incoming damage is 5x multipled. Also they cost 0 coins if you try to sell them. Use right click on "Craft" button. The last feature is available only in single player.
I don't expect you to accept this whole pull request but please feel free to use any parts of it to enhance your great mod.

Also adding the compiled version for anyone who might consider it useful.

iw2B7lw.png

Attachments

• MagicStorage.zip
    300.9 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
If I understood correctly, the mod has a few problems in multiplayer. Are there any bugs in the single player?

So....i don't seem to be able to use the crafting interface for qhatever reason, whenever i place a crafting station, no recipes show up....

Edit: Forget this problem, i just fixed it and felt dumb for not trying what i did earlier XD

Last edited:
Is there any way to upgrade storages without breaking the old ones and upgrading them? My storages are full and i want to upgrade their capacity.

EDIT: NVM I'm :red:ed, found out how to do it :D

Back
Top Bottom