tModLoader Magic Storage

I still am unable to play multiplayer with the new update. Every time I open storage heart there is nothing inside.
Also, when I click on the crafting unit, my armour goes for the duration I click on it.
Please help!

Hi, I want to announce that I have fixed multiplayer in my edits to this mod and they are waiting to be merged here if mod author decides so.
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f69773242376c772e706e67

1. Sorting by Quantity replaced by sorting by item Value,
  2. Only recipes from known ingredients are shown (if ItemCheckList is installed), non-directly available recipes (through intermediate crafting) are also considered in this check, you can mark items as not new with right click on currently selected recipe when in the "Only new items" mode.
  3. Instead of "Available recipes" and "All recipes" buttons there are 3 new buttons: "New recipes" (showing never crafted recipes), "All known recipes" and "Hidden recipes"
  4. You can (un)hide recipes with ctrl+left click,
  5. Gem cost is 2 times lowered,
  6. 30 crafting stations instead of 10,
  7. Added sorting by DPS,
  8. Added DPS calculator to the crafting menu and to weapons tooltip (based on damage, defence and use time though it's not enough for accurate values),
  9. Search text can be canceled with right click on text field,
  10. Arrow keys, home, end, delete work in search field,
  11. Added more filters for weapons and equipment,
  12. Added "Recent items" filter that shows last 100 deposited items which were not deposited in this heart before, they are shown with "shinyAndNew" decoration too,
  13. Mods are selected with left-right click instead of searchbox typing,
  14. Recipe item icon is displayed on top instead of "Selected recipe",
  15. You can open ingredient crafting by right clicking it into recipe,
  16. Right click on Deposit button (now named "Transfer All") to Restock,
  17. And Left Click to Quick Stack (with Alt to Deposit All)
  18. Favorites support in storage and recipes (alt+click),
  19. A toggle to show only favorited items,
  20. You can freely take new weapons, tools, armor and equipment "for demo" but only once (it's not in the "new" list afterwise). Those items are removed on death and while you have them with you incoming damage is 5x multipled. Also they cost 0 coins if you try to sell them. Use right click on "Craft" button. The last feature is available only in single player.
  21. There is a hot key to check whether you've already seen (if ItemCheckList is installed) an item and how much of it you have in latest opened storage.

Until that you can download it manually from here and put to your ModLoader/Mods directory.

Last edited:
Hi, I want to announce that I have fixed multiplayer in my edits to this mod and they are waiting to be merged here if mod author decides so.
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f69773242376c772e706e67

1. Sorting by Quantity replaced by sorting by item Value,
  2. Only recipes from known ingredients are shown (if ItemCheckList is installed), non-directly available recipes (through intermediate crafting) are also considered in this check, you can mark items as not new with right click on currently selected recipe when in the "Only new items" mode.
  3. Instead of "Available recipes" and "All recipes" buttons there are 3 new buttons: "New recipes" (showing never crafted recipes), "All known recipes" and "Hidden recipes"
  4. You can (un)hide recipes with ctrl+left click,
  5. Gem cost is 2 times lowered,
  6. 30 crafting stations instead of 10,
  7. Added sorting by DPS,
  8. Added DPS calculator to the crafting menu and to weapons tooltip (based on damage, defence and use time though it's not enough for accurate values),
  9. Search text can be canceled with right click on text field,
  10. Arrow keys, home, end, delete work in search field,
  11. Added more filters for weapons and equipment,
  12. Added "Recent items" filter that shows last 100 deposited items which were not deposited in this heart before, they are shown with "shinyAndNew" decoration too,
  13. Mods are selected with left-right click instead of searchbox typing,
  14. Recipe item icon is displayed on top instead of "Selected recipe",
  15. You can open ingredient crafting by right clicking it into recipe,
  16. Right click on Deposit button (now named "Transfer All") to Restock,
  17. And Left Click to Quick Stack (with Alt to Deposit All)
  18. Favorites support in storage and recipes (alt+click),
  19. A toggle to show only favorited items,
  20. You can freely take new weapons, tools, armor and equipment "for demo" but only once (it's not in the "new" list afterwise). Those items are removed on death and while you have them with you incoming damage is 5x multipled. Also they cost 0 coins if you try to sell them. Use right click on "Craft" button. The last feature is available only in single player.
  21. There is a hot key to check whether you've already seen (if ItemCheckList is installed) an item and how much of it you have in latest opened storage.

Until that you can download it manually from here and put to your ModLoader/Mods directory.

I really like the edit, but why does loading a world after "Setting Liquids 99%" take like 2 minutes in singleplayer and in multiplayer (where it shows "make an update...")?

Doesn't work in multiplayer...... just toggles cosmetics when you try to open the " "chest" " ;(

Magic storage mod isn't working in my multiplayer server either ; I have a Terarria server v1.3.5.2 - and tmodloaderv0.10.1.5.

The mods me and my buddy use are :

• Boss Checklist
  • Calamity Mod
  • Magic Storage
  • Recipe Browser

I really like the edit, but why does loading a world after "Setting Liquids 99%" take like 2 minutes in singleplayer and in multiplayer (where it shows "make an update...")?
Does it happen in every world? Mine with calamity+thorium+spirit+crystallium+alchemistNPC is loading a few seconds longer than without the mod. I think that your issue may happen on low end PC if you have mods which add a lot of items. There is a code that runs after world load (in PostUpdate) and analyzes which tiles are created by which items to find all crafting station items and it has to go through all available items as there is no game database to simply query it. It's required to not show recipes which require crafting stations unavailable at your current progress. Normally this run takes 1-2 seconds.

You can try commenting the PostUpdate here.

Also I reverted some changes in the pull request but you can access my full version here (but you already have its build, right?).

Last edited:
Great mod if running a local server or single player. As soon as I use this on a dedicated host. Anything put into the system disappeared. The storage gets items put in so it cannot be mined. and no way to take items out. Rebooting the server corrupts the save and kills the chunks where the storage was put down.

If you can run this on a dedicated host. Like Nodecraft and it works please let me know. This is the one mod I wanted to use.

Calamity is the only other mod installed

Does it happen in every world? Mine with calamity+thorium+spirit+crystallium+alchemistNPC is loading a few seconds longer than without the mod. I think that your issue may happen on low end PC if you have mods which add a lot of items. There is a code that runs after world load (in PostUpdate) and analyzes which tiles are created by which items to find all crafting station items and it has to go through all available items as there is no game database to simply query it. It's required to not show recipes which require crafting stations unavailable at your current progress. Normally this run takes 1-2 seconds.

You can try commenting the PostUpdate here.

Also I reverted some changes in the pull request but you can access my full version here (but you already have its build, right?).
I tested with no other mods with several new worlds and chars. I have a good PC and used v0.4.100.2. As mentioned its loading 2 minutes after world loading on olient or dedicated server.

I tested with no other mods with several new worlds and chars. I have a good PC and used v0.4.100.2. As mentioned its loading 2 minutes after world loading on olient or dedicated server.
Are you sure it's related to my edits and is not the original mod problem?

Are you sure it's related to my edits and is not the original mod problem?

I have more or less the same issue, longer loading but it happens after the loading finishes, when the first image of the actual game (world) comes. With the tmodloader browser version, it loads fast (as soon as the loading finishes, I can start playing), but with the new one it takes like 1 min or something.

Could this be related to some version checking problem ? I remember having such a long times if my net is dead (not always though), in the tmodloader browser, it shows me "Downgrade" button for this mod, perhaps this is related ?? (I have no idea, just suggesting).

Another thing; would it be possible to make the new version smaller in size ?? I'm running many mods and reaching Terraria limit, so if I put the new version, it just loads 1/3 times because of outofmemory errors (while I can play somehow normally with the tmodloader version (171kb vs 321kb))

@blushiemagic i believe i found weird bug
when i started crafting arrows in my playthough
the arrows get for example unreal modifider
20180829184341_1.jpg

Attachments

• enabled.json
    422 bytes · Views: 145
Last edited:
I've been having an error with the storage crafting interface where it straight up doesn't like the universal crafter, an error message shows up but i have no idea where i can find that so i can copy and paste it... i dont have that much space to put up two interfaces so i have two solutions, either make like a crafting interface upgrade system or make it more compatible with the universal crafter mod
[doublepost=1535591842,1535591627][/doublepost]alright i deleted the mod and re downloaded it and the issue was fixed but like usually with that solution, it will only be temporary and will eventually pop up again, that i know for a fact

For some reason the mod seems to not work at all for me, when I open up the storage heart the inventory is opened but I can't place any items inside no matter how much I click it still says 0/0 I searched online to see if people had the same problem and still can't find a answer

For some reason the mod seems to not work at all for me, when I open up the storage heart the inventory is opened but I can't place any items inside no matter how much I click it still says 0/0 I searched online to see if people had the same problem and still can't find a answer

You do know that you need to connect the storage heart to a storage unit first (the 1st one can store 40 items), otherwise you won't be able to put anything inside it.

I hope this error gets fixed as soon as possible I don't know if its Terraria overhaul mod causing the issue or Magic Storage causing the issue^^

Its happening to everyone, the mod is bugged right now and it doesn't work on multiplayer
[doublepost=1536106428,1536106346][/doublepost]I went into a game with just magic storage and cheat sheet, to spawn it in, and It would not work if I played on multiplayer

Its happening to everyone, the mod is bugged right now and it doesn't work on multiplayer
[doublepost=1536106428,1536106346][/doublepost]I went into a game with just magic storage and cheat sheet, to spawn it in, and It would not work if I played on multiplayer
works on a non-dedicated multiplayer and singleplayer as well for me but has a few bugs with insane modded stacks (9999 seems to work fine tho)

For me when I tried on the server in the files and hosting it with the game, both of them did not work at all and would take my items without showing up; and would always say 0/0 with any storage unit by it

Back
Top Bottom