tModLoader Magic Storage

hey, I've been paying this mod for a while now, and it's great, but is there any way you can add an item that allows the player to destroy (and pick up) the storage units to be relocated? Thanks.

Maybe something like a Dolly, have a Dolly in the hand and click on the storage to move it to a different location.
The dolly would pick up everything exactly the way it is laid out and place it back down exact the way it was, it would just be relocated.|
I think thats a better idea than to blow things up...LOL :D

hey, I've been paying this mod for a while now, and it's great, but is there any way you can add an item that allows the player to destroy (and pick up) the storage units to be relocated? Thanks.
Maybe something like a Dolly, have a Dolly in the hand and click on the storage to move it to a different location.
The dolly would pick up everything exactly the way it is laid out and place it back down exact the way it was, it would just be relocated.|
I think thats a better idea than to blow things up...LOL :D
There is such a thing, the Storage Unit Wand.

I just started using this Mod. I don't have a crafting section like the tutorial shows. Am I doing something wrong? a
If you already have the storage crafting interface then put the crafting things in (workbench, furnace) in the interface and then it'll use whatever you have stored in your storage heart (not your inventory) to craft things.

One small problem with your mod.
Can't do "Quick Stack To Nearby Chest".
I would love to do that and able able to dump my stuff I got from exploring the world.
anyways, love the mod :D

Anyone know what to do when the crafting stations slots are full??

Well, there are several mods that have recipes for combining crafting stations, or you can just build another crafting station interface - you could, I suppose, have as many of those as you want.

I really LOVE this great mod, and I think this function should be in vanilla too.

But I have to report bug.
Anytime when I use Crafting Station to make huge amount of items ( such as walls, bricks), the log says

Silently Caught Exception: "Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute."
(sorry if that didn't make sense. My Terraria Client has different language output in log.txt, so I translated it.)

LOCATION System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) LOCATION Terraria.ModLoader.ModCompile.<>c.<ActivateExceptionReporting>b__15_0(Object sender, FirstChanceExceptionEventArgs exceptionArgs)
LOCATION System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource)
LOCATION System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.KeyCollection.Enumerator.MoveNext()
LOCATION MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.IsAvailable(Recipe recipe)
LOCATION MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.<RefreshRecipes>b__5(Recipe recipe)
LOCATION System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
LOCATION System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
LOCATION MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.RefreshRecipes()
LOCATION System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
LOCATION System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
LOCATION System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
LOCATION System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
LOCATION System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()​

I hope this bug can be fixed, and thank you for reading this.

(Used mod: Magic Storage and Mod Helper only)

Attachments

• Logs.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 164
Xpost with TmodLoader forum:

Hello Fellow Terrarians! Quick little bug I'm seeing with TModLoader. I don't know if it's been posted yet, or if there's a fix, but the FAQ says to disable the mods to see if the problem persists. I'm only using 1 mod, and that's the Magic Storage mod by blushiemagic. Taking this mod out does nothing for me, because it's the WORLD that has the problem. The last time I was on the world, I remember building a housing unit for 8 different NPCs and a nice little outside facade. Reloading into the world today, I see that none of that progress has been made, and that the world has been completely reset aside from the map. None of the trees have been cut down, no other NPCs have spawned, and removing the mod doesn't do anything to help.

I think there might be a bug here somewhere, or maybe someone can offer me a solution?

Edit for update: Even TEdit doesn't see the changes that I know I made.

Xpost with TmodLoader forum:

Hello Fellow Terrarians! Quick little bug I'm seeing with TModLoader. I don't know if it's been posted yet, or if there's a fix, but the FAQ says to disable the mods to see if the problem persists. I'm only using 1 mod, and that's the Magic Storage mod by blushiemagic. Taking this mod out does nothing for me, because it's the WORLD that has the problem. The last time I was on the world, I remember building a housing unit for 8 different NPCs and a nice little outside facade. Reloading into the world today, I see that none of that progress has been made, and that the world has been completely reset aside from the map. None of the trees have been cut down, no other NPCs have spawned, and removing the mod doesn't do anything to help.

I think there might be a bug here somewhere, or maybe someone can offer me a solution?

Edit for update: Even TEdit doesn't see the changes that I know I made.

Though a reinstall of the mod-loader worked, a pc restart seems to mitigate that process.. The world is gone again.

I've been having an annoying bug with the storage heart. Everything works well until I try to take a single item out of the storage heart, and the world crashes and gives me this error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.SlotFocusLogic()
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.HoverItemSlot(Int32 slot, Int32& hoverSlot)
at MagicStorage.UISlotZone.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.UI.UIElement.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.StorageGUI.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at MagicStorage.MagicStorage.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModHooks.PostUpdateInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate_HandleInput()
at Terraria.Main.DoUpdate(GameTime gameTime)
at Terraria.Main.Update(GameTime gameTime)

I don't get this error when taking stacks of items, only individual ones. I also get the error when taking single items out of the crafting interface, but it doesn't crash the world, the error shows up in the game chat. Thanks in advance!

Hello. I have one big problem.
Problem.png

What I should do?
Screen resolution 1366x768

Last edited:
I am having a bug with magic storage. I am running a server off of my PC and my friend is playing on a mac I can access and do everything with the mod with no issues. he on the other hand has chunk loading issues but not the chunk the storage heart is in and even if there are no items in it. He also cannot see any items or that anything is even connected it shows 0/0 items but he can place items in and I can get them out. There is also a server error "Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer" whenever he tries to open the storage heart. If anyone has any ideas to fix this it would be great we tried reinstalling it also works from a different computer just not his mac.
[doublepost=1541569968,1541569895][/doublepost]
Hello. I have one big problem.View attachment 212495
What I should do?
Screen resolution 1366x768
Some people on this thread were saying not to let your storage get full and it looks like yours is add more storage and it might fix your issue.

I am having an issue when using this mod on Host and Play. For some reason, when the Magic storage reaches around 3000 items it wont load the world anymore for Host and Play, and i end up getting stuck at Receiving tile data. It works fine in single player so it's an easy fix, but i have to delete items one by one until im under the 3000 mark. Anything above wont work and yes my capacity is above 3000.
my mod list:
Auto Trash
Blockaroz's Costumes
Boss Checklist
Builder's Toolbox
Calamity Mod
Chad's Furniture Mod
Crystilium
Thorium Mod
JoostMod
Spirit Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls
imkSushi's Mod
Infinity - Endless Items
Wing Slot
Even More Modifiers
Magic Storage
MaxStackPlus
MoreAccesories+
Recipe Browser
Mod of Redemption
Shorter Respawn Time
Summoners Association
Wildlife Mod

I am having an issue when using this mod on Host and Play. For some reason, when the Magic storage reaches around 3000 items it wont load the world anymore for Host and Play, and i end up getting stuck at Receiving tile data. It works fine in single player so it's an easy fix, but i have to delete items one by one until im under the 3000 mark. Anything above wont work and yes my capacity is above 3000.
my mod list:
Auto Trash
Blockaroz's Costumes
Boss Checklist
Builder's Toolbox
Calamity Mod
Chad's Furniture Mod
Crystilium
Thorium Mod
JoostMod
Spirit Mod
Fargo's Mutant Mod: Summons and Souls
imkSushi's Mod
Infinity - Endless Items
Wing Slot
Even More Modifiers
Magic Storage
MaxStackPlus
MoreAccesories+
Recipe Browser
Mod of Redemption
Shorter Respawn Time
Summoners Association
Wildlife Mod
This is a well-known issue. Terraria can only handle so many items in a single loaded "chunk", and this normally wouldn't be an issue due to chests taking up physical space, but given that MS allows you to fit that all into an immensely small area, you can exceed that limit. In singleplayer that isn't an issue, but in multiplayer, the packets Terraria sends to each client between the server can only be so big, and once that size is exceeded, either the chunk, or the whole world, will not load.
One way to supposedly fix it is to split your storage system up into multiple chunks. I'm unsure how to figure out where chunks end or begin, but spreading them out half a screen from eachother or so should help. The systems need to be seperate, they cannot be connected to eachother (to my knowledge). It's an unfortunate limitation of how Terraria's engine works, and I don't believe it can really be fixed.

I am having a bug with magic storage. I am running a server off of my PC and my friend is playing on a mac I can access and do everything with the mod with no issues. he on the other hand has chunk loading issues but not the chunk the storage heart is in and even if there are no items in it. He also cannot see any items or that anything is even connected it shows 0/0 items but he can place items in and I can get them out. There is also a server error "Error on Message Terraria.MessageBuffer" whenever he tries to open the storage heart. If anyone has any ideas to fix this it would be great we tried reinstalling it also works from a different computer just not his mac.
[doublepost=1541569968,1541569895][/doublepost]
Some people on this thread were saying not to let your storage get full and it looks like yours is add more storage and it might fix your issue.
The Mac and PC versions of Terraria are coded on different platforms, PC being XNA framework (32 bit) and Mac/Linux being... Mono, I think it was called? Which is basically a less-optimized recreation of Microsoft's proprietary XNA in 64 bit. Due to this difference, I can see playing cross-play between Linux/Mac and Pc having significant issues due to the somewhat different codebases. tModLoader is the same, due to it replacing the Terraria executable. I would reccommend using it on a non-Mac computer, if possible.

Back
Top Bottom