tModLoader Magic Storage

You could be on to something. That sounds like the exact same issue I had. Let my try connecting to my Linux server from my Linux client box and see if I can reproduce the issue.

-----EDIT #1-----
It's definitely something related to non-Windows computers, then. I just tried connecting to both a Linux server and a Windows server via a Linux client, and both times the client failed to load. At this point I really do believe it's something with the Mono that Terraria ships with. Any chance you could get your friend to host a server with Magic Storage and see if you end up with the same issue?
I'm having the exact same issue you guys have
My client is Linux, and I am connecting to my friends server (Windows)
He can use the storage fine, but my storage heart says "0/0 items"

How do I add more crafting stations to the crafting interface?

Really great mod btw. Couldn't get my head around it at first but it took away many storage problems while still being balanced and fair!

How do I add more crafting stations to the crafting interface?

Really great mod btw. Couldn't get my head around it at first but it took away many storage problems while still being balanced and fair!

From what I've seen, the only way you can have more crafting stations once you fill the UI is to build another crafting interface.

I shtere any way to move placed storage chests without emptying the whole thing? Realised too late that they are not in a place where I would like them to be.

I shtere any way to move placed storage chests without emptying the whole thing? Realised too late that they are not in a place where I would like them to be.

The only way I know of is to build out a new set and then hook them up using Storage Connectors. You'll need to move the storage heart though, since all the items will move to wherever the heart is. Otherwise, not as far as I know.

The only way I know of is to build out a new set and then hook them up using Storage Connectors. You'll need to move the storage heart though, since all the items will move to wherever the heart is. Otherwise, not as far as I know.

Would the items in the first unit not stay in that box? Would I need to actually empty it all out before moving it?

None of the images load on the first page so half of the recipes are... well guessing games. Any way we can find the recipes or do I just start throwing stuff at the Guide until I get something? :p

Is there any plans to rework how recipies show up in the Crafting interface? It's a bit clunky to use it unless you know the name of the items you're looking to build

EDIT: I think adding a 'pages' option to the interface would probs be the best way to solve this sort of issue. Can be toggled too, in case people want the old style

Last edited:
Hello, i dont know why but iam getting this error everytime i open a heart, is a new world new pj.

upload_2019-4-30_16-33-27.png

does anybody know how to fix this?

Is there any plans to rework how recipies show up in the Crafting interface? It's a bit clunky to use it unless you know the name of the items you're looking to build

EDIT: I think adding a 'pages' option to the interface would probs be the best way to solve this sort of issue. Can be toggled too, in case people want the old style

I use Recipe Browser to make it a bit easier, but it still requires you to know at least one of the components you need, and you have to get it out of the storage, check it, put it in the storage, and then find the recipe. I like the idea though, recipe pages would at least make it a little more readable. Maybe sort by crafting station used, as well?

Hello, i dont know why but iam getting this error everytime i open a heart, is a new world new pj.

View attachment 220601

does anybody know how to fix this?

What versions of tModLoader and Magic Storage are you using? tModLoader's version will be in the bottom left of the title screen, and Magic Storage's version will be in the name in your Mod list. Also, are you running Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Does it come up every single time you try opening the storage heart? I've had it happen a few times, but immediately relaunching the game usually fixes whatever the issue is.

I use Recipe Browser to make it a bit easier, but it still requires you to know at least one of the components you need, and you have to get it out of the storage, check it, put it in the storage, and then find the recipe. I like the idea though, recipe pages would at least make it a little more readable. Maybe sort by crafting station used, as well?

What versions of tModLoader and Magic Storage are you using? tModLoader's version will be in the bottom left of the title screen, and Magic Storage's version will be in the name in your Mod list. Also, are you running Windows, Mac, or Linux?

Does it come up every single time you try opening the storage heart? I've had it happen a few times, but immediately relaunching the game usually fixes whatever the issue is.

Hello im ussing Tmod v 0.10.1.5 and Magic Storage v 0.4.3.3, windows 10, it happens every time, i have reloaded and closed terraria, reopen and the same problem when i open the heart, allways when i open the heart!, thanks for the quick answer.

Hello im ussing Tmod v 0.10.1.5 and Magic Storage v 0.4.3.3, windows 10, it happens every time, i have reloaded and closed terraria, reopen and the same problem when i open the heart, allways when i open the heart!, thanks for the quick answer.
I'm not personally a dev, but I'll try to help as best I can. Could you maybe post a screenshot of your setup to see if I can reproduce it?

I'm not personally a dev, but I'll try to help as best I can. Could you maybe post a screenshot of your setup to see if I can reproduce it?

thanks bro, about my set up, do you mean the mods im ussing? if yes, i have a lot.

[
"AccessoriesReworked",
"Antisocial",
"ArtificialAltars",
"BossChecklist",
"Consolaria",
"CorruCrimNPCs",
"craftables",
"dotSKN_MinionCriticalHits",
"ExpandedSentries",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"ExtendedCrops",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"ExtraGunGear",
"FinalFantasyStuff",
"FinalFantasyTidusWeapons",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"fortunemod",
"GamingAdventure",
"HamstarHelpers",
"happinymod",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"Infinity",
"Luiafk",
"LumberjackNPC",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"minions",
"MoreAccessories",
"MoreEndlessAmmo",
"MoreRecipe",
"MoreSwordsPickaxesAndAxes",
"NoMoreTombs",
"OreSeeds",
"PickCrafter",
"PicklockNPC",
"pinkymod",
"PlatformHelper",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"Scabbards",
"SentryLifeMod",
"SimpleHome",
"StopDying",
"SummonersAssociation",
"SuperStacker",
"TooManySlots",
"Upgradeable_Pickaxes",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"UV",
"VanillaNewRecipes",
"VapeRPG",
"VeinMiner",
"WingSlot",
"WorkbenchPlus",
"YABSSM"
]

Hello I have been playing terraria for a while and I am doing a mod playthrough with my friend. I made a storage heart to get my storage system running but my friend cannot access any of it. It is really getting annoying because of all of the space we have to waste with chests. Please help!

thanks bro, about my set up, do you mean the mods im ussing? if yes, i have a lot.

[
"AccessoriesReworked",
"Antisocial",
"ArtificialAltars",
"BossChecklist",
"Consolaria",
"CorruCrimNPCs",
"craftables",
"dotSKN_MinionCriticalHits",
"ExpandedSentries",
"ExperienceAndClasses",
"ExtendedCrops",
"ExtensibleInventory",
"ExtraGunGear",
"FinalFantasyStuff",
"FinalFantasyTidusWeapons",
"FKBossHealthBar",
"fortunemod",
"GamingAdventure",
"HamstarHelpers",
"happinymod",
"HelpfulNPCs",
"Infinity",
"Luiafk",
"LumberjackNPC",
"MaterialTraderNpc",
"minions",
"MoreAccessories",
"MoreEndlessAmmo",
"MoreRecipe",
"MoreSwordsPickaxesAndAxes",
"NoMoreTombs",
"OreSeeds",
"PickCrafter",
"PicklockNPC",
"pinkymod",
"PlatformHelper",
"RecipeBrowser",
"ReducedGrinding",
"Scabbards",
"SentryLifeMod",
"SimpleHome",
"StopDying",
"SummonersAssociation",
"SuperStacker",
"TooManySlots",
"Upgradeable_Pickaxes",
"UpgradedAccessories",
"UV",
"VanillaNewRecipes",
"VapeRPG",
"VeinMiner",
"WingSlot",
"WorkbenchPlus",
"YABSSM"
]

Not exactly, but I should have also thought to ask for that. What I meant was how you have the actual storage system set up, to see if maybe it's some bad interaction between the storage components.

Looking at your mod list though, I'm curious if maybe ExtensibleInventory might be causing an issue? You also seem to be using a lot of mods that do each other's jobs, but I might be mistaken.

Hello I have been playing terraria for a while and I am doing a mod playthrough with my friend. I made a storage heart to get my storage system running but my friend cannot access any of it. It is really getting annoying because of all of the space we have to waste with chests. Please help!

Is your friend running on Mac or Linux? The devs are aware of an issue involving those two computer operating systems that causes what you seem to be experiencing.

Yeah he is on Mac Thanks for the help tho
Yeah, there's an issue with the fact that Terraria uses a software library that technically only exists on Windows, and then they provide versions of it for Mac and Linux. Magic Storage seems to use a part of that library that isn't included in the version Relogic provides with Terraria, and that's causing it to be inaccessible. There is a workaround if you want to look at one of my posts on the previous forum page, but it's not a permanent fix.

Back
Top Bottom