tModLoader Magic Storage

The pictures are broken because they hotlinked to the images on the wiki, and the wiki has changed its CDN backend since so now all the direct links to image resources are broken.

• Storage component: 10 of any wood + 2 iron/lead bars @ work bench
  • Storage heart: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 emeralds @ work bench
  • Storage unit: storage component + chest + 10 silver/tungsten bars @ work bench
  • Crimtane/demonite storage upgrade: 10 crimtane/demonite bars + amethysts @ anvil
  • Hellstone storage upgrade: 10 hellstone bars + topaz @ anvil
  • Hallowed storage upgrade: 10 hallowed bars + soul of fright + soul of might + soul of sight + sapphire @ hardmode anvil
  • Blue clorophyte storage upgrade: 5 shroomite bars + 5 spectre bars + beetle husk + emerald @ hardmode anvil
  • Luminite storage upgrade: 10 luminite bars + 5 solar fragments + 5 vortex fragments + 5 nebula fragments + 5 stardust fragments + ruby @ ancient manipulator
  • Terra storage upgrade: radiant jewel + diamond @ ancient manipulator
  • Storage unit wand: actuation rod + storage component @ anvil
  • Storage connector: 10 of any wood + iron/lead bar @ work bench
  • Storage access: storage component + diamond = 7 topazes @ work bench
  • Remote storage access: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 rubies @ work bench
  • Locator: 10 meteorite bars + 5 ambers @ anvil
  • Locator drive: 25 martian conduit plating + 5 luminite bars @ ancient manipulator
  • Storage crafting interface: storage component + 3 diamonds + 7 sapphires @ work bench
  • Portable remote storage access: locator drive + radiant jewel + 3 diamonds + 7 rubies @ ancient manipulator

Has anyone had an issue with MagicStorage not working on single player? I don't get an error message and the game still runs. It just shows a large storage window with 0/0 at the bottom no matter how many units I have attached or how it's configured. Running on Windows 10.

Works fine in single player for me.

7dDaW2S.png

Crafting interface, heart, and seven storage units.

Unrelated minor issue to report: the broken snowglobe used to emulate a snow biome cannot be created with Crimson's red ice blocks, even though it accepts Corruption's purple ice blocks and Hallow's pink ice blocks in addition to regular ice and snow.

Works fine in single player for me.

7dDaW2S.png

Crafting interface, heart, and seven storage units.

Unrelated minor issue to report: the broken snowglobe used to emulate a snow biome cannot be created with Crimson's red ice blocks, even though it accepts Corruption's purple ice blocks and Hallow's pink ice blocks in addition to regular ice and snow.

After you posted your picture I figured out was I was doing wrong. I was trying to the storage components and not the storage units. For some reason it didn't dawn on me before. Thanks!

Hi, I love this mod an just wanted to say thank you for creating it. BTW the Locator Drive feels a bit "useless" (I only craft it to get the Portable Remote Storage Access) and hard to obtain (post ML). Its purpose is already well done by the normal Locator so tweaking the recipe (and station) which uses Luminite bars to some other bar (Chlorophyte/Hallowed bar) may be better. (Just my opinion TY)

Hi, so I just installed MS on my brand new world, and when I click on the storage crafting interface, it repeatedly gives me this error:

Code:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MagicStorage.InterfaceHelper.HideItemIconCache()
at MagicStorage.CraftingGUI.Draw(TEStorageHeart heart)

I can still interact with the interface, however whenever my mouse touches the GUI the interface disappears and I hear repeated whirring sounds of text appearing. Anyone know what’s going on?

My game has also crashed, and when rebooted, every world refuses to open, even with brand new characters.

Terraria 1.3.5.2
tModLoader 0.10.1.5

VeinMiner
Calamity
Thorium
Infinity
Wireless
Yet Another Boss Health Bar
What Mod is This From
Dual Wielding
Solutions
Max Stacks Plus
JoostMod
Cheat Sheet
AlchemistNPC
Fargo’s Mutant Mod
imkSushi’s Mod
Almost a year later, and I've got this same error happening. Whenever I try to access the crafting interface that message appears, and the UI is invisible till I move the mouse away from it. When I access the storage heart, the UI appears, but mousing over it immediately crashes the game.

Either it doesn't like something Terraria Patcher did, or there's something else happening, but I just can't get this mod to work.

EDIT: yeah, Terraria Patcher is causing the issue, specifically the Plugin loading functionality (process of elimination, only enabled that without using any plugins or other settings). Sadly that one has a higher priority for me. I'd love to use Magic Storage, but it's the only mod that seems to have a problem with the Patcher, ah well.

Last edited:
So Magic Storage does NOT work in multiplayer x64 client. At all. There is a server message buffer error when you place any of the items, and the item viewer shows 0/0 items no matter how many storage units you place.

I have a problem, I am on a multiplayer world with two of my friends, one of them is the host. They both can access the magic storage fine but when I try to open it it says "This access is not connected to a Storage Heart!" when it obviously is. This mod is great and I would love to get it working

Thank you, I hope to hear back from you soon!

Edit: I'm on mac and they're both on Windows. I put the .zip file titled "Libs" from a previous post into the "mono" folder after clicking "Show Package Contents" and going to /MacOS/mono/

5b4TECg.png

Last edited:
I found a bug, Right clicking on any item inside the storage heart will cause a crash, here is the crash error

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    76.3 KB · Views: 180
I think I found an issue with calamity compatibility- whenever I have calamity enabled any magic storage blocks placed are not saved whenever I exit the world, and the game crashes upon saves. This may be an issue with another mod, but after disabling one at a time it seems to only be calamity causing the issue.

I think I found an issue with calamity compatibility- whenever I have calamity enabled any magic storage blocks placed are not saved whenever I exit the world, and the game crashes upon saves. This may be an issue with another mod, but after disabling one at a time it seems to only be calamity causing the issue.

nevermind, I found the issue- its with my version of kRPG. I need to go reinstall that.

Hi, made an account just for this. I have the mod Universal Crafter enabled, which usually works fine with this mod, but now an issue has come up. I don't know whether to post this on the calamity page, the magic storage page, or the universal crafter page, so bear with me if I posted this on the wrong forum. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot (115).png
    Screenshot (115).png
    370.9 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
To clarify it seems like many people are having trouble with the mod on multiplayer, especially mac users. Others have reported their items randomly disappearing in multiplayer. Best to avoid using this mod for multiplayer at the moment.

There hasn't been an update since last August, so there's really no telling when another update will happen unfortunately.

If you are having issues with only seeing 0/0 or not being able to see the inventory (I think this is mainly a mac/linux issue) I found this reply by Silly511 on this github issue threads https://github.com/blushiemagic/MagicStorage/issues/41#issuecomment-450196167 to have fixed it for people who where using Mac OS on my server. It was as simple as having them download the files Silly511 linked about a post down and extracting them to the OSX folder inside their Terraria installation . For linux I'm not sure if those files will work but you should be able extract the file you need from a mono installation. My server is currently on about 4 days since I applied those files and I haven't had any issue with item disappearing or the world chunk not loading with currently about 3040 item in storage. I know that not a lot but it is to me since before this I was using a older version of magic storage that didn't have the mac issues but it wouldn't allow a single world chunk to have more than abut 600+ Item in one location.

Really awesome mod!

Can you enable shift clicking items into the heart?

Currently when I try to shift click stuff it trashes the items xD

Sorry if this has been asked, it is a 63 page thread after all. Is there a reason my vendors arent pulling money from inside the storage unit? watching a playthrough atm where someone with the mod is able to do so.

Hey! Great mod! I was just wondering how I would be able to connect through floors of my house, or just outside of it in general. It doesn't go through doors or platforms (at least for me)

v0.4.3.4
-Updated to tModLoader v0.11
-Added clear searchbar functionality by right-clicking or control-backspace
-Added Chinese translations

Just a tiny update for the new tModLoader version.

Back
Top Bottom