tModLoader Magic Storage

could you add a way to disable tables in the crafting heart, similar to how we can block material when multiple items are used in a recipe.

I keep on getting this crash every 10 minutes to 2 hours
[21:42:27] [17/ERROR] [tML]: Unhandled Exception
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TerrariaOverhaul.Common.ModEntities.Items.OverhaulItem.Save_MarkAsTrash(ItemSaveEvent e)
at System.Action`2.Invoke(T1 arg1, T2 arg2)
at TerrariaOverhaul.Core.Events.ItemEvents.ItemSaveEvent.Invoke(OverhaulItem oItem, Item item, TagCompound tag)
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.SaveGlobals(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 113
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.ItemIO.Save(Item item) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\ItemIO.cs:line 50
at MagicStorage.Components.TEStorageUnit.Save() in MagicStorage\Components\TEStorageUnit.cs:line 358
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.TileIO.SaveTileEntities() in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\TileIO.cs:line 588
at Terraria.ModLoader.IO.WorldIO.Save(String path, Boolean isCloudSave) in tModLoader\Terraria.ModLoader.IO\WorldIO.cs:line 25
at Terraria.IO.WorldFile.saveWorld(Boolean useCloudSaving, Boolean resetTime) in tModLoader\Terraria.IO\WorldFile.cs:line 415
at Terraria.WorldGen.saveAndPlayCallBack(Object threadContext) in tModLoader\Terraria\WorldGen.cs:line 2550
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
[21:42:27] [17/INFO] [HamstarHelpers]: 0:000 - 000609.93 UNHANDLED crash? True
Sender: Name:Terraria.exe
There are no context policies.

It seems to be a conflict between this mod and Terraria Overhaul. Can someone help me with it?

It seems to be a conflict between this mod and Terraria Overhaul. Can someone help me with it?

Hi, if anyone remember my fork of this mod with many enhancements, feel free to download it here with update for the latest TModLoader

More about my changes here

As always it's AS IS, so no support, use at your own risk.

Last edited:
Hi, if anyone remember my fork of this mod with many enhancements, feel free to download it here with update for the latest TModLoader

I replaced MagicStorage in my multiplayer server and now my base is just a huge void and things dissapear as I walk around. Initially I could place the heart down and put things in it but it still said 0/0 and I couldn't see them or get them back.

I replaced MagicStorage in my multiplayer server and now my base is just a huge void and things dissapear as I walk around. Initially I could place the heart down and put things in it but it still said 0/0 and I couldn't see them or get them back.
They did say use at own risk

If you are not joking I hope you did the backup, otherwise I can't help you.

Anyway I have just uploaded an update with a few important fixes, see my original message for the link

Your mod is amazing but can you please put a Available Recipes button? I only want to see the crafts i can do, not every single item.

They may be referring to to the fork. I agree, and personally, I'm not a fan of all the items being marked as new. It would at least be nice if there was a way to bulk unmark them.

Your mod is amazing but can you please put a Available Recipes button? I only want to see the crafts i can do, not every single item.
I answered at GitHub
I already thought about it and came up with a bit different solution. Instead of showing things you can craft right now it shows things you possible can craft from items you have obtained before. If you have never seen a cobalt ore the Cobalt Pickaxe won't be shown. But if you already obtained cobalt and all other Pickaxe ingredients (or ingredients required to craft them) then Cobalt Pickaxe is shown regardless of you having enough amount of cobalt right at the moment. To use this feature you must have ItemCheckList installed and use this Pull Request code or my fork repository release.

Is there an easier way to upgrade storage units without removing everything, picking up the unit, upgrading, and replacing? For giant storage networks this can take a super long time.

Is there an easier way to upgrade storage units without removing everything, picking up the unit, upgrading, and replacing? For giant storage networks this can take a super long time.
Right click the storage unit with the upgrade core it upgrades it right there and then

This mod doesn't let you craft from your inventory
What do you mean? The mod has blocks for crafting you place them down put stuff in and craft from them. If your saying you just can't craft anymore then that's a issue for the mod owner for sure

Good day,
I play Terraria with a multitude of mods, however, It's been playing up recently. My main world got corrupted, then the second one got ruined because I got rid of 'terraria overhaul' mod,
Today, terraria uninstalled itself. I installed it again, reinstalled tmodloader, and everything seemed to be in working order until I joined my world. Everything was fine, my base exactly as I left it, except for one crucial thing. My magic storage, at the center of my base, containing 1040 items, has completely disappeared. Heart, components and all. I double-checked I had the magic storage mod enabled, and it was installed, untouched from last time.
1586519308474.png

If you know of any way to solve this, please help. I have put a lot of useful items in there.
Side note: I was playing with a lot of mods like joost, calamity, and a tonne of QOL mods.

Many thanks,
BionclSage.

EDIT:
I found out the issue. Any modded tile / block in the world got deleted when my terraria uninstalled itself. I guess it purged itself of any modded blocks, as now the entire 'Astral Infection', 'Sulphurous Sea' and 'Abyss' and I daresay the 'Brimstone Crag' from the Calamity mod have ceased to exist. The world is full of massive holes, so I think the magic storage also got removed.

Last edited:
Good day,
I play Terraria with a multitude of mods, however, It's been playing up recently. My main world got corrupted, then the second one got ruined because I got rid of 'terraria overhaul' mod,
Today, terraria uninstalled itself. I installed it again, reinstalled tmodloader, and everything seemed to be in working order until I joined my world. Everything was fine, my base exactly as I left it, except for one crucial thing. My magic storage, at the center of my base, containing 1040 items, has completely disappeared. Heart, components and all. I double-checked I had the magic storage mod enabled, and it was installed, untouched from last time.View attachment 263047
If you know of any way to solve this, please help. I have put a lot of useful items in there.
Side note: I was playing with a lot of mods like joost, calamity, and a tonne of QOL mods.

Many thanks,
BionclSage.

EDIT: I found out the issue. Any modded tile / block in the world got deleted when my terraria uninstalled itself. I guess it purged itself of any modded blocks, as now the entire 'Astral Infection', 'Sulphurous Sea' and 'Abyss' and I daresay the 'Brimstone Crag' from the Calamity mod have ceased to exist. The world is full of massive holes, so I think the magic storage also got removed.
Biomes don't just get deleted what happens with modded blocks when the mod gets removed is they turn into useless no texture tiles aka purple black tiles. Why your world would have giant holes in them now doesn't make sense as I've even disabled mods like calamity to see what it does to a world. And the structures are still there they just have no texture re-enabling the mod brings the textures back. But terraria also doesn't just uninstall itself and that would be the issue right there if it uninstalls it's wiping any none vinalla files from it. And the blocks aren't a vinalla no texture tile so they would get erased. So the issue is just terraria uninstalling.

Back
Top Bottom