tModLoader Magic Storage

1597812018595.png
so the crafting box doesn't work (as you can see i put in a work bench and i also have 209 items in the storage system) but i can't figure out why it won't show any of the crafting stuff. Not sure if this is a bug or if i am doing something wrong. (i disabled all my other mods to see if it was one of them and it still didn't work when i did that)

I am also confused at what the bar thing is that's in the right corner of the place you grab the stuff you crafted there is also a second one on the right of the crafting recipes part the first one used to be white and had something sticking down out of it that disappeared when i right and left clicked it but nothing changed

can i ask whats with the tiny storage unit with only 4 slots is it a joke storage as it has no crafting recipe

or was there a recipe in mind but never made

To the author of the fork: Could you please reimplement only seeing things the player can make? It's very strange to not have that. Additionally, flagging all items as NewAndShiny is really bothersome and if you can't limit what you can see to what you can make, its purpose is questionable.

For everyone involved (fork or not) though... this thing really needs a way to cache recipes. I am pretty sure it's doing the entire recipe database query every time you craft something, so when you have a large inventory and you try to convert a big pile of ores to bars, the game will peg a core trying to keep up with having to redo the filter every ore. Querying only database items that include currently active ingredients might be faster, but it's been a while since I did anything related to mass database rebuilding. Note that this also affects vanilla shops on a weak computer.

The simplest way to avoid having to really get down and rework filtering would probably be to have multiplier buttons, like x5/x25/All, with all converting all of the ingredients you have to the recipe until you run out. Maybe a slider getting its max from the minimum number of an item you have for the recipe?

A little flag on the icon to show you if you already have an item would be nice too, I think.

It's fun and nice to try to collect everything and ambling around and doing kleptomania in Terraria is making a sinus infection much less impactful. It's so nice to have huge storage after forcing myself to do 1.4 without it.

What fork?

Probably missing something obvious, but I'm unable to mine a storage crafting interface (molten pickaxe; bombs don't work either). Other mods enabled: Calamity, Smart Doors, Block Swap.

Don't know if the mod is maintained, but I've notice a strange behaviour that I don't know if it's intentional or not:

Either singleplayer or multiplayer, specifically in a large world and independent of quantity of itens stored, if I link a remote access to a storage heart (both locators had the same effect) they work until any player in the server reenters the game. After that a message says "This access is not connected to a Storage Heart!" for the player who reentered the game.

This behaviour keeps until the player click on the storage heart and if the him rejoin the game the same thing happens. Although, it's important to notice that this will only happen if the remote access and heart are more or less 250 tiles apart, either on X or Y axis (211 was my "for sure" test), on a large world.

Error line on magicstorage github: Line 64 of StorageAccess.cs file.

Modlist:
"AlchemistNPCLite",
"AutoReroll",
"BannerBonanza",
"BossChecklist",
"CalamityFlamethrowers",
"CalamityMod",
"CalamityModMusic",
"CalValEX",
"CheatSheet", (used for testing)
"MagicStorage",
"RecipeBrowser",
"SmartDoors"

Cheers!

Anyone else having an issue where the storage heart acts like all adjacent spaces to it are filled so you can't connect it to a system?

Edit: Apparently the remote access module causes this bug

Last edited:
So I was recommended this mod to try and have a work around my storage OCD, since I am a person who will go through and place then name like 200+ chests...
We also have the Max Stack Plus Extra mod to increase stack sizes, and ran into a rather unique problem... I am not sure what specific count causes it, but once it gets into the 5 digit range, it just poofs. Vanishes off the list. It still registers it in the system though, and there will even be an empty slot in the list where the items are. But you can't craft with them, you can't take them out, you can't interact at all with the items that this happens to. Unsure if it's just a data overflow issue that causes this particularly unique glitch, and doubt there's a way to fix it so it won't happen... But thought I would bring it up here, in the small chance that this mod is still being supported.

So I was recommended this mod to try and have a work around my storage OCD, since I am a person who will go through and place then name like 200+ chests...
We also have the Max Stack Plus Extra mod to increase stack sizes, and ran into a rather unique problem... I am not sure what specific count causes it, but once it gets into the 5 digit range, it just poofs. Vanishes off the list. It still registers it in the system though, and there will even be an empty slot in the list where the items are. But you can't craft with them, you can't take them out, you can't interact at all with the items that this happens to. Unsure if it's just a data overflow issue that causes this particularly unique glitch, and doubt there's a way to fix it so it won't happen... But thought I would bring it up here, in the small chance that this mod is still being supported.
I think this is on your end... I have way more than 10k gel for example, or stone blocks, but they still appear and can be crafted with.
Just checked, my main world has 23k gel. I just use Max Stack Plus (not extra, I think) so that might be your issue.

i think ive got a really really bad glitch, after i play some time and load the game again all magic storage items disappear(chest crafter heart etc)

For some reason inputs, after I exit the storage get in there, they aren't visible until I click on the search box.
it's annoying to have to delete a bunch of letters every time i want to use it

Attachments

• bug.PNG
    bug.PNG
    273.1 KB · Views: 409
I loaded my calamity mod world today to find out that my magic storages' and my magic crafter thingy was completly gone. and no, Im not playing multiplayer, i havent accidentally disabled and re-enabled the mod, and i havent done anything in the files or anything. there was an update for Tmod right before i loaded my world but ive updated before and havent lost anything. Also i have not backed up the world at all. Can anyone help?

PS: i would send an image but theres literally nothing to see so...

I loaded my calamity mod world today to find out that my magic storages' and my magic crafter thingy was completly gone. and no, Im not playing multiplayer, i havent accidentally disabled and re-enabled the mod, and i havent done anything in the files or anything. there was an update for Tmod right before i loaded my world but ive updated before and havent lost anything. Also i have not backed up the world at all. Can anyone help?

PS: i would send an image but theres literally nothing to see so...
Did you loose all modded items and placed modded blocks (draedon lad, sulphrous sea, etc) in your world?
That happened to me a week ago in my modded calamity world!
Copying and Pasting the backup of that world from the backup folder in documents might help.
I'm yet to try this out myself, though. I've been busy with real life stuff and haven't gotten time to test this out.
Maybe you can test this out?

Back
Top Bottom