Magic Weapons but are they Summons?

Emberflash26

Terrarian
A decent number of magic weapons are practically summon weapons but instead do summon damage and seeing as we have a lack of variety in summon weapons here are a few of the weapons which I think should become summoner.

Bee Gun
Nimbus Rod
Wasp Gun
Magnet Sphere
Bat Scepter

Tell me if you agree or disagree and/or if there are more weapons that should be on this list.

They dont share any qualities with summoner weapons.
They are practically summoning something to fight for you rather than you doing the damage 100% on your own and they can be compared to the Moon Lord Summoner drops - Lunar Portal Staff and Rainbow Crystal Staff

Nonono, summon weapons are weapons that summon minions that fight by your side. Not weapons that summon minions that dive into enemies and kill themselves.

There is a bit of an argument you could make for the Nimbus Rod being a sentry, but due to its limited range it would be a rather poor one. And I am not keen on the Nimbus Rod sharing a sentry cap with the other sentries, no thank you.

How about a whole new class. It would be called the 'Suicide' class.

^
|
|
Btw, that was a joke, if any morons couldn't tell.

Then doesn't that mean all ranger class weapons are summoner? They summon bullets and arrows to hit the enemy
No, they fire them.

As for the topic, most of those magic weapons are basically homing spells. The Magnet Sphere and Nimbus Rod doesn't actively enemies, which is a primary function of summoned minions.

I'm pretty much in agreement with Baconfry.

Most of these are just Magic weapons with homing projectiles. Magnet Sphere is a bit of an oddball, but its one of my favorite weapons too.

I do think that in a different world, Nimbus Rod (and Crimson Rod) could have been Sentry Summon weapons. I wouldn't even be against such a change. But they wouldn't be typical Minion Summon weapons for sure.

In my opinion a summon weapon is a weapon that either:
A. Summons a minion that can fight for you for unlimited time. It chases other enemies and doesn't dissapear when they hit an enemy.
B. Summons a sentry that can fight fot you too, but it can't move. It doesn't chase other enemies but casts spells on them.

If a "summon" dissapears when it hits an enemy, then it's not a summoner weapon, it's just a magic weapon with homing projectives.
In my opinion none of those are summoner weapons.

Bee/Wasp Gun and Bat Scepter just have homing projectives, not a summoner weapon.
You can have more than 1 magnet sphere at once and they travel, but not chase others. Guess it's just a spell with projectives that can cast other projectives (Yo Dawg).
Nimbus/Crimson Rod doesn't cast anything on enemies. It just rains, it can't control the time when it fires meaning it can't be a sentry summon.

If Nimbus/Crimson Rod becomes a sentry summon then make Rainbow Gun too then. Rainbow Gun's mechanic is similar to Numbus/Crimson Rod actually.

Back
Top Bottom