tModLoader Magical Things mod

Allmyfood

Terrarian
Magical Things is a mod that has been out for quite a while now, so I decided to actually make a thread for it.

Built for tmodloader v0.11.8.4
Terraria version: 1.3.5.3

Updated to tmodloader v0.11.8.4. May have a few bugs. So let me know.

It is not a complex or amazing mod, but it does add a few little things for any modded Terraria play through.

Magical Things is available in the tmodloader Mod Browser. So far it works fine with Calamity, Thorium, Spirit Mod, and Tremor Remastered. These are just a few I usually play with along side my mod.

Now has a working config that can be changed while playing Terraria.
Should now work on Mac. Still a tad uncertain but last test was good!

Magical Things mod currently has the following:

80+ Lots of new items
5 Mounts
1 Armor set 5 Vanity sets
1 Music box with custom music
3 Pets
And a few accessories
And all the companion weapons are done!

A few items to look at!

The Cleanse Bomb Original purifies a large area, will not effect the jungle or the mushroom biomes.
clensebomb.jpg

The Corrupt Bomb corrupts a large area.
corruptbomb.jpg

The Flesh Bomb corrupts with crimson a large area.
Fleshbomb.jpg

The Holy Bomb spreads the Hallowed in a large area.
holybomb.jpg

The Wolf Pet can be made from a wolf banner or sometimes dropped from wolves.
pet.jpg

The Martian Interstellar Tactical Vehicle. A hardmode mount from defeating the Martian Madness, if you're lucky.
MiTV.jpg

The Animation Scroll is the basis for starting the companion weapons.
animationscroll.jpg

The Horse of War is another hardmode mount, he does not fly with wings.
war.jpg

I am not an not a very good coder so there may be issues with certain mods.
Really I just hope to spice up Terraria, even just a little.

Thanks to everyone who helped with code.
Including many people on the forums, jopojelly, bluemagic, Eldrazi, and Wingslot for the fundamental help!

Last edited:
This mod is cool. But... boots slot is TOO OP! Maybe you should do an item, that will unlock it to balance it a lot. Other things in this mod are nice.
I'll use it in my next playthrough.

This mod is cool. But... boots slot is TOO OP! Maybe you should do an item, that will unlock it to balance it a lot. Other things in this mod are nice.
I'll use it in my next playthrough.

Thanks! I am not actually fully sure how I would make them unlock from an item. But the founding start of my mod was to make a large scale Clentaminator and a boot slot. My brother and I try lots of different mod assortments and always find a boot slot would be super convenient. I will probably keep the slot as it is for now.

Thanks for your thoughts though! I hope to get the rest of the companion weapons done before to long, but it will take quite a while unless I can get some more free time. :p

How to get Animation Scroll? Because i don't know how to get it.
Btw this mod is pretty nice and the item skins is beautiful. Nice Job! :happy:

How to get Animation Scroll? Because i don't know how to get it.
Btw this mod is pretty nice and the item skins is beautiful. Nice Job! :happy:

Thank you! My brother helps with all the sprites, I'm not very good at Photoshop. But for the Animation Scroll, you only receive one when you first create your character. That being said, if you load an existing character it will not appear in your inventory. It loads at startup so if you added the mod to an existing world or something went wrong a simple solution, is to just create a random default character, load your world, store the scroll in a chest. Then load backup with your normal character.

This same things happen with other items that can only be gotten from starting a new World.

Thank you! My brother helps with all the sprites, I'm not very good at Photoshop. But for the Animation Scroll, you only receive one when you first create your character. That being said, if you load an existing character it will not appear in your inventory. It loads at startup so if you added the mod to an existing world or something went wrong a simple solution, is to just create a random default character, load your world, store the scroll in a chest. Then load backup with your normal character.

This same things happen with other items that can only be gotten from starting a new World.

Thank you so much! :D

Thanks! I am not actually fully sure how I would make them unlock from an item. But the founding start of my mod was to make a large scale Clentaminator and a boot slot. My brother and I try lots of different mod assortments and always find a boot slot would be super convenient. I will probably keep the slot as it is for now.

Thanks for your thoughts though! I hope to get the rest of the companion weapons done before to long, but it will take quite a while unless I can get some more free time. :p

Today I imagined a wonderful idea for a boot slot. I can be unlocked by an item, which will generate with a new character (it can be used like a bonus accessorie slot items from More accessories mod. Or if you don't play with it like a demon heard from vanilla). So people who things that it is open won't use it and people who don't think so can use it.

Today I imagined a wonderful idea for a boot slot. I can be unlocked by an item, which will generate with a new character (it can be used like a bonus accessorie slot items from More accessories mod. Or if you don't play with it like a demon heard from vanilla). So people who things that it is open won't use it and people who don't think so can use it.

Giving a start-up item is an interesting idea I will keep that in mind, thanks! The More accessories mod, or the Celestial Onion from Calamity, use a simple hook to make the additional accessory. A custom slot is a little different. But I will still take a look at it regardless. I probably won't change it at the moment though. As the mod gets more items and more polish that might be something for the future.

Hello Tried playing in multiplayer with this and Weapons Out enabled. My friends was able to load both mod items fine. But I did not have access to the Magical Things items. When she tossed me any Magical Things item it turned into emblems from Weapons Out. We both have tModLoader up to date. I am on a mac and she is on a PC.

Hello Tried playing in multiplayer with this and Weapons Out enabled. My friends was able to load both mod items fine. But I did not have access to the Magical Things items. When she tossed me any Magical Things item it turned into emblems from Weapons Out. We both have tModLoader up to date. I am on a mac and she is on a PC.

Hmm, I don't usually play with WeaponOut, so I will have to try it. Where you playing on a dedicated server or just hosted multiplayer?

Ok, so I tried with a friend on a dedicated server, and hosted multiplayer with WeapOut and Magical Things. And there were no issues with anyone. It's hard to say, but I don't think its a compatibility issue. It sounds like your version of Magical Things may have been different. I guess try closing Terraria all the way out and starting fresh. Sometimes things get messed up with mods during load.

Last edited:
Hmm, I don't usually play with WeaponOut, so I will have to try it. Where you playing on a dedicated server or just hosted multiplayer?

Ok, so I tried with a friend on a dedicated server, and hosted multiplayer with WeapOut and Magical Things. And there were no issues with anyone. It's hard to say, but I don't think its a compatibility issue. It sounds like your version of Magical Things may have been different. I guess try closing Terraria all the way out and starting fresh. Sometimes things get messed up with mods during load.

I was in multiplayer but also did not have access to the items in single player. I will try it again soon both with and without weapons out. Will let you know how it goes when I can.

Yeah just tested it again. Still don't have access to the items with or without weapons out active. I am not in multiplayer so can't tell if i'd still get only the items from weapons out or some other mod when it's deactivated vs the magical things items.

Thank you for your reply by the way!

Yeah just tested it again. Still don't have access to the items with or without weapons out active. I am not in multiplayer so can't tell if i'd still get only the items from weapons out or some other mod when it's deactivated vs the magical things items.

Thank you for your reply by the way!

Hmm, well if it is still persisting during single player, I would say delete the Magical Things .tmod file. Its in Terraria\ModLoader\Mods or just hit open mods folder while in Terraria. Then you can redownload it and see if that helps. Other than that I'm not sure.

I didn't think about the Mac part though. I will ask my other friend to try it on his mac.

Last edited:
Deleted the mod's file the redownloaded. Same thing. In the item browser when looking for mod specific items there is nothing under Magical Things.

Honestly if your friend can't get his mac up i don't mind being a guineapig. Just let me know and i'll send you my discord.

Deleted the mod's file the redownloaded. Same thing. In the item browser when looking for mod specific items there is nothing under Magical Things.

Honestly if your friend can't get his mac up i don't mind being a guineapig. Just let me know and i'll send you my discord.

Well I had my friend try it, then I went over there and tried it. After checking for a while I found the answer.
Unfortunately it was quite simple. The problem is my mod is compiled through tmodloader and Visual Studio. And the way it was built is not compatible with Mac at the moment.

I can update this in the future, but at the moment I am not familiar with running a pre-compile and setting it up so it works with Mac and Linux.
So for the moment I don't have a quick fix for you. If you are desperate to try it with your friend all I can say is make a Windows boot on your Mac (boot camp works too). Far from ideal I'm sure.

Sorry I don't have better news for you. :sigh:

Thank you for trying! and it's ok! I can't fit a windows loader on my laptop currently but have been working on clearing space to fir it again since I want it for other games as well ^^;

Back
Top Bottom