tModLoader Magical Things mod

Interesting, when there are no items it means that something isn't being handled or compiled correctly for your version. It does the same thing for Mac and Linux at the moment. I will try to trace down whats missing. Its probably a .dll file that's supposed to be there.

Well I pushed another update. I really don't know if it will help. I'm not sure why it isn't loading for you. I have tested it on a fresh install computer with no issues.

If for some reason the v0.1.4 update works let me know. Otherwise I will keep looking.

Other than that you can try, uninstall the mod, restart Terraria, and install the mod again. Strange that Spirit mod isn't working for you. I haven't had any trouble with it.

It works! Last update fixed it! Thanks a lot =)

Edit: Spirit mod just won't load for me, giving nearly same error but already at startup. Previous version of "Magical Things" dished out that error only after I switched to "boot slot" equipment page...

It works! Last update fixed it! Thanks a lot =)

Edit: Spirit mod just won't load for me, giving nearly same error but already at startup. Previous version of "Magical Things" dished out that error only after I switched to "boot slot" equipment page...
Glad to hear that! Although after installing tmodloaderx64 to try some testing I did find that sometimes looking at the boot slot will cause an error. I could only get it to error once, its probably more an incompatibility. Either way I will be removing the boots slot draw options temporarily. It won't effect the boot slot itself (since it doesn't draw them on the player anyway XD), but should make it more stable.

I'm having trouble with the Grand Ember Staff. When trying to fight in tight confines in the range of 3-5 blocks, the staff becomes worthless because the projectiles are destroyed by collision before they can even show up on screen. A similar problem happens when aiming at a downward angle, such as on the ground.

I'm having trouble with the Grand Ember Staff. When trying to fight in tight confines in the range of 3-5 blocks, the staff becomes worthless because the projectiles are destroyed by collision before they can even show up on screen. A similar problem happens when aiming at a downward angle, such as on the ground.

That is correct. The Grand Ember staff is very limited on any horizontal direction. As it is a companion weapon not all of them excel in all forms of combat. The Grand Ember staff is much better suited for standing on a platform and shooting down onto masses of mobs or shooting upward. Just shooting straight will usually not even work for it.

It was actually intended to have some limitations for each tier and type. The next form up the Flame Skull staff actually has a similar problem as well. Being pre-hard mode though I could not justify no tile collide with its damage and style. But! When you get to tier 7 with the Hell Burst staff you should find it greatly over-powered.

All I can say is your trouble with the Grand Ember staff is exactly how it should be. Don't worry its only until you can get more resources.
Since your on tier 5 I should probably note that tier 7.5, as I usually call it, is the hard mode switch. The PWN Book needs to be crafted at an anvil with a PWN Hammer in your inventory.
It does say all of this on the recipe in recipe browser, but I figure someone is bound to ask eventually. Don't forget if you want once you have a tier 7 class companion weapon. You can start over by making an Anti-Animus (Anti-Animation scroll). Combing a tier 7 weapon with a Anti-Animus at an anvil will give you back a new Animus (Animation scroll).
Or kill the moon lord for a new Animus :D

Thanks for the reply and good luck. Also if you try more than one class of companion weapon post which is you favorite!

Last edited:
You talk about balancing factors one moment, and then boast of something being greatly over-powered another.

That doesn't instill very much confidence for me, so I'm just going to uninstall Magical Things.

You talk about balancing factors one moment, and then boast of something being greatly over-powered another.

That doesn't instill very much confidence for me, so I'm just going to uninstall Magical Things.

That's fine. Balancing weapon types does not mean that they are all exactly the same. Moreover you can think of a weapon as having different qualities or stats in various categories. And the sum of all of them is how you determine a balanced weapon. And being a companion style that also means as you progress you naturally have more power after upgrading. Therefore what you have done previously would now be easier.

In the end it's up to you how you wish to play. I did not make my mod as a stand-alone mod. It works well with others like Thorium, Calamity, Spirit mod.
Again do what you wan't. If you don't wish to use Magical Things then by all means uninstall it. If you find something fun or useful in it then good. As a modder if someone finds any piece of my mod fun, exciting, or useful then that's great. Otherwise simply don't use it.

Either way, thanks for replying.

For some reason I'm not getting the Animus Scroll when I start a new character (It doesn't drop from the Moon Lord as well)
All the other thing from the mod is available.
I tried disabling all my mods also and enable only this mod, still no luck.
Do you know why this is happening?
I use the latest tModLoader

For some reason I'm not getting the Animus Scroll when I start a new character (It doesn't drop from the Moon Lord as well)
All the other thing from the mod is available.
I tried disabling all my mods also and enable only this mod, still no luck.
Do you know why this is happening?
I use the latest tModLoader

Hmm that's a bit odd. I tried with a new character and also killed the Moon Lord, both gave me a new Animus scroll. And if all other items are working it should be fine. A single item shouldn't be disabled there's not even a config to disable the scroll. Unless something went wrong on load.
--Edit-- I also just tried creating a new Medcore character, which still has the bug where every-time you die you get a new Animus. But both got a new scroll.

I guess lets start with which operating system are you playing on. Windows, Mac or Linux? Also is this on tmodloader or tmodloader x64?
And just to check if it was a strange load problem. Could you disable all other mods except Magical Things and Cheat Sheet / Hero's Mod. Then close and reload Terraria. Make a new default character and see if you get a Animus scroll on entering a world. Just to make sure something didn't fail to load.

Otherwise we will see about sending me your tmod of Magical Things to see whats going on.

Last edited:
Hello there. I'm having trouble with getting the Animation Scroll. It is not for whatever reason spawning when I create a new character. I even tried creating a new world for the new character. It isn't in their inventory. What am I missing?

Edit:Hero mod and cheat sheet let me just grab a bunch.

Last edited:
Hmm that's a bit odd. I tried with a new character and also killed the Moon Lord, both gave me a new Animus scroll. And if all other items are working it should be fine. A single item shouldn't be disabled there's not even a config to disable the scroll. Unless something went wrong on load.
--Edit-- I also just tried creating a new Medcore character, which still has the bug where every-time you die you get a new Animus. But both got a new scroll.

I guess lets start with which operating system are you playing on. Windows, Mac or Linux? Also is this on tmodloader or tmodloader x64?
And just to check if it was a strange load problem. Could you disable all other mods except Magical Things and Cheat Sheet / Hero's Mod. Then close and reload Terraria. Make a new default character and see if you get a Animus scroll on entering a world. Just to make sure something didn't fail to load.

Otherwise we will see about sending me your tmod of Magical Things to see whats going on.
Was there any luck on getting the scroll? I've love to choose a route and enjoy it. :x

Edit: I used Cheat sheet and Hero mod and just made a bunch. O_ O

Was there any luck on getting the scroll? I've love to choose a route and enjoy it. :x

Edit: I used Cheat sheet and Hero mod and just made a bunch. O_ O

I haven't been able to replicate this error on any tmodloader or tmodloader x64 setups. To get a scroll at startup a normal staring inventory is used. So if there is something that is removing or reducing your starting inventory that might be a place to start. But lets start with which platform your playing on. Is it Windows, Mac, or Linux? I have had problems in past with Mac versions so I wouldn't be surprised there.
And which version of tmodloader? Tmodloader x64 seems to have some trouble with the Old One's Army on 11.5, but that's a side issue.
Another way to test is with a new world, make a Medcore character. Due to the way the hooks work currently; if you die with a Medcore character they get a new Animus scroll every death. This is a bug, but more to do with how Medcore characters work. So if you don't get a scroll back on a Medcore character then something else is probably changing what items are given on new character creation.

Currently it's just a vanilla tmodloader call and very simple. If I can get some idea of what mods your using I can test it as well.

This mod is very promising! And I like it very much! However, there are some things, you shoild definitely fix about your mod (to make it even better):
1. You should add a way to disabke boot slot. In my opinion, it is OP and not very logical. Boots are just normal accessories like Shield of Cthulhu or Cloud in a bottle. Why would we want to have a special slot for them (Only because to add other accessories to increase our stats even more and don't want to lose speed bonus. Then, let's add special slot for all other types of accessories to become super OP. That's just... silly. If you want to be more powerful - sacrifice something. That's how balance should work. Same opinion abot wing slot mod.)? (That's my opinion, I didn't want to offend anyone by that. If I did, then I'm sorry). You could make item, which on use will enable/disable it (like I suggested you long time ago) or a config, where everyone will be able to enable/disable it depending on what they want. Or you can make it into a separate mod (like developer of WeaponOut made lite version of his mod for people who wanted weapon display mecahnic, but didn't want to have any other content. Also, he had a way to disable that mechanic in his version with content for people, who installed mod just because of content). Some people just don't want to install mods, which add new mechanics, so adding a way to disable them would be very kind of you.
2. You should fix some of your sprites. The main problem with them is that they have some 1×1 pixels in them, which is a big NO for terraria sprites (terraria sprites are 2×2 (4 pixels = 1 square) and should not have 1×1). As you told before on this page, some sprites were made by your friend if they are on level of crusty pistol, mech throw or Valkryie storm, then probably you should ask him for some more help) That will make your mod even better.

This mod is very promising! And I like it very much! However, there are some things, you shoild definitely fix about your mod (to make it even better):
1. You should add a way to disabke boot slot. In my opinion, it is OP and not very logical. Boots are just normal accessories like Shield of Cthulhu or Cloud in a bottle. Why would we want to have a special slot for them (Only because to add other accessories to increase our stats even more and don't want to lose speed bonus. Then, let's add special slot for all other types of accessories to become super OP. That's just... silly. If you want to be more powerful - sacrifice something. That's how balance should work. Same opinion abot wing slot mod.)? (That's my opinion, I didn't want to offend anyone by that. If I did, then I'm sorry). You could make item, which on use will enable/disable it (like I suggested you long time ago) or a config, where everyone will be able to enable/disable it depending on what they want. Or you can make it into a separate mod (like developer of WeaponOut made lite version of his mod for people who wanted weapon display mecahnic, but didn't want to have any other content. Also, he had a way to disable that mechanic in his version with content for people, who installed mod just because of content). Some people just don't want to install mods, which add new mechanics, so adding a way to disable them would be very kind of you.
2. You should fix some of your sprites. The main problem with them is that they have some 1×1 pixels in them, which is a big NO for terraria sprites (terraria sprites are 2×2 (4 pixels = 1 square) and should not have 1×1). As you told before on this page, some sprites were made by your friend if they are on level of crusty pistol, mech throw or Valkryie storm, then probably you should ask him for some more help) That will make your mod even better.

Hi again Tomka. Yes someday there will be a config to disable the boots entirely, but after changing to 11.5 I haven't gotten around to making a config that actually works. It will happen someday, but it isn't a priority for a small mod like this.

On the other hand my friend does all my spriting ; and they should actually all be 2x2 sprites. If you know which ones or a few off hand post them to me in a spoiler so I can let him know.
Because the Crusty Pistol, (42 x 32) and Mech Throw (30 x 26) are in proper 2x2 format. The Valkyrie Storm is was (68 x 29), but that was changed in an update that isn't out yet.
If you know of any others I can tell him to check again. But thanks for the info.

Hi again Tomka. Yes someday there will be a config to disable the boots entirely, but after changing to 11.5 I haven't gotten around to making a config that actually works. It will happen someday, but it isn't a priority for a small mod like this.

On the other hand my friend does all my spriting ; and they should actually all be 2x2 sprites. If you know which ones or a few off hand post them to me in a spoiler so I can let him know.
Because the Crusty Pistol, (42 x 32) and Mech Throw (30 x 26) are in proper 2x2 format. The Valkyrie Storm is was (68 x 29), but that was changed in an update that isn't out yet.
If you know of any others I can tell him to check again. But thanks for the info.
I won't tell you about all weapons (I haven't got time to search for them through out the whole mod), but which I remember are Skull throw, Skull flail, endless knives, stinger, everlast sprayer, light blade, dark blade, icing death, twinkle and Smooth boots!

I won't tell you about all weapons (I haven't got time to search for them through out the whole mod), but which I remember are Skull throw, Skull flail, endless knives, stinger, everlast sprayer, light blade, dark blade, icing death, twinkle and Smooth boots!
Thanks I will let him know.

I must be slow, but where is the boot slot? Maybe I was just expecting it to show up like wingslot. Is it supposed to be an inventory slot?

I must be slow, but where is the boot slot? Maybe I was just expecting it to show up like wingslot. Is it supposed to be an inventory slot?

No problem its on the equipment page by default. It was mentioned in the description. But if you would like there is a config in the ModLoader\Mod Configs. You can set the "slotLocation": 2
to "slotLocation" : 1
This will place it below WingSlot on the main equipment page. You can just right click a boot to auto-equip them as well.
But again the boots will not show up on the player when equipped in the boot slot. The effect of the boot still applies. This is a bug that I haven't been able to fix; yet.
Let me know if you have any more problems.

Seems that the mod is having problems with boots from enigma mod. Wont detect that the boots can be placed in the boot slot and will keep cycling in the normal equipment slots. Could be just me though, but would defiantly be a shame considering the crazy level the boots get to

No problem its on the equipment page by default. It was mentioned in the description. But if you would like there is a config in the ModLoader\Mod Configs. You can set the "slotLocation": 2
to "slotLocation" : 1
This will place it below WingSlot on the main equipment page. You can just right click a boot to auto-equip them as well.
But again the boots will not show up on the player when equipped in the boot slot. The effect of the boot still applies. This is a bug that I haven't been able to fix; yet.
Let me know if you have any more problems.
Thanks! That was the issue, wingslot was in the space that the boot slot would have been

Last edited:
Thanks! That was the issue, wingslot was in the space that the boot slot would have been
Oh, was it overlapping? I will have to check to make sure they don't overlap. I try to make sure there in separate locations compared to WingSlot. Thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom