tModLoader Magical Things mod

Hi hi, first of all, fantastic job, I really loved the mod a lot, it makes it much more fascinating and since I love to play as a magician / summoner, it's just ... wonderful, but now I get to a part that frustrates me, which is when I want to advance the spell book that is achieved with the animation scroll, I got to create with the infernal bricks, but it tells me that I can only do them on the anvils, try with the normal and Mitrilo's, but ... it doesn't give me the option to create it, I don't know if it will be a kind of bug or something I'm doing wrong, if you could tell me, believe me that I would love it too much, since it only tells me that the material that I require is any other that is level 7, which I already have (I have the v6 spellbook that creates a crater that launches blue magma, and the other book that creates purple dragons where the click is)

Ah, ok I see what's happening. So at the tier 7 companion weapons is the wall of flesh level. So you have a couple of choices that you can do. Either downgrade your item back into an Animation scroll. Done by taking pink gel and a Hellstone Bar to a Hellforge and making an Anti-Animation scroll.
Or you can upgrade your weapon into the PWN Book. If you check the Recipe Browser on the PWN Book at the bottom it says that you must have a PwnHammer in your inventory and be at an anvil.

So short answer is to upgrade your book; have a PwnHammer in you inventory and be at an anvil.
Must have PwnHammer in your inventory at an anvil.
BookV6.png

If you still have trouble let me know. :happy:

Last edited:
Hello!! I didn't understand how the "blazing glory" staff works. And also the defender from the staff does not damage when I use the staff, although when this staff is used by my friend - everything is fine, what does it depend on? I would like to hear in more detail about the principle of operation of this staff, because there is no information anywhere else :(

Hello!! I didn't understand how the "blazing glory" staff works. And also the defender from the staff does not damage when I use the staff, although when this staff is used by my friend - everything is fine, what does it depend on? I would like to hear in more detail about the principle of operation of this staff, because there is no information anywhere else :(
Well the Blazing Glory staff is a summon. It doesn't use up a summon slot, but can only have 1 active per player. If it is being odd I would start with making sure it's up to date, just in case. I have been working on an update, but it should not be causing a problem unless there is some desync or perhaps a buff that is changing things. You can only have 1 per player, but since it doesn't use a summon slot you can summon other things as well. I will do some tests while working on the update.
Do you play on a hosted world or dedicated server?
I will give it a look and try to see what's up. :)

Hello, I was using this mod mostly for the boot slot and I was saddened to see that one of my modded boots was not working in the boot slot. For reference, I am using the Apprentice Treads from the Archery Overhaul Mod and it will only equip in the regular ol' accessory slots. Of course I don't expect you to go out of your way to make every single modded boots compatible, but I was wondering if there was a way to get around this. Maybe let users whitelist things as boots? I really don't know since I'm not a modder but I can't think of any other solution. Thanks.

Hello, I was using this mod mostly for the boot slot and I was saddened to see that one of my modded boots was not working in the boot slot. For reference, I am using the Apprentice Treads from the Archery Overhaul Mod and it will only equip in the regular ol' accessory slots. Of course I don't expect you to go out of your way to make every single modded boots compatible, but I was wondering if there was a way to get around this. Maybe let users whitelist things as boots? I really don't know since I'm not a modder but I can't think of any other solution. Thanks.
I tested it and it seems they are not a EquipType.Shoes which is what the bootslot requires. I don't know if I can white list it or not. I will have to look into mod integration to see if can be built for it.
Otherwise under the namespace: [AutoloadEquip(EquipType.Shoes)] (If the modder sees this post)
Is all that is needed to allow the boots to work in the bootslot. I shall see what I can do if I get the chance. :)

Okay, I found a bug, I can't unequip anything from the boots slot, I can swap them out with other ones with right click but when I go to grab the boots with left click and move them out of the slot it doesn't allow me to

Magical Things is a mod that has been out for quite a while now, so I decided to actually make a thread for it.

Built for tmodloader v0.11.8.4
Terraria version: 1.3.5.3

Updated to tmodloader v0.11.8.4. May have a few bugs. So let me know.

It is not a complex or amazing mod, but it does add a few little things for any modded Terraria play through.

Magical Things is available in the tmodloader Mod Browser. So far it works fine with Calamity, Thorium, Spirit Mod, and Tremor Remastered. These are just a few I usually play with along side my mod.

Now has a working config that can be changed while playing Terraria.
Should now work on Mac. Still a tad uncertain but last test was good!

Magical Things mod currently has the following:

80+ Lots of new items
5 Mounts
1 Armor set 5 Vanity sets
1 Music box with custom music
3 Pets
And a few accessories
And all the companion weapons are done!

A few items to look at!

The Cleanse Bomb Original purifies a large area, will not effect the jungle or the mushroom biomes.
View attachment 198439

The Corrupt Bomb corrupts a large area.
View attachment 198440

The Flesh Bomb corrupts with crimson a large area.
View attachment 198441

The Holy Bomb spreads the Hallowed in a large area.
View attachment 198442

The Wolf Pet can be made from a wolf banner or sometimes dropped from wolves.
View attachment 198443

The Martian Interstellar Tactical Vehicle. A hardmode mount from defeating the Martian Madness, if you're lucky.
View attachment 198444

The Animation Scroll is the basis for starting the companion weapons.
View attachment 198445

The Horse of War is another hardmode mount, he does not fly with wings.
View attachment 198446

I am not an not a very good coder so there may be issues with certain mods.
Really I just hope to spice up Terraria, even just a little.

Thanks to everyone who helped with code.
Including many people on the forums, jopojelly, bluemagic, Eldrazi, and Wingslot for the fundamental help!
hello was just curious if this mod will ever be brung to 1.4 i ask since i really loved this mod when i played it as it made small things actually have a use and overall brung some fun to the game sorry if you have already responded to this kind of question just couldn't find where you had talked about it if you did.

Back
Top Bottom