tModLoader Magical Things mod

Oh, was it overlapping? I will have to check to make sure they don't overlap. I try to make sure there in separate locations compared to WingSlot. Thanks for the info!
Yes, to clarify, it was on default config of 2, and changing it to 1 moved it above wingslot which made it visible again

Seems that the mod is having problems with boots from enigma mod. Wont detect that the boots can be placed in the boot slot and will keep cycling in the normal equipment slots. Could be just me though, but would defiantly be a shame considering the crazy level the boots get to
Ok, so I just tested this and you are quite right the boots from enigma don't seem to work. I haven't talked to them yet, but my guess is that the boots are not listed as an EquipShoeSlot.
The boot slot only accepts normal boots or accessories that are listed as a boot equip. I also noticed the boots don't render on the player. This is interesting because any boots in my boot slot also don't render. XD I will have to look into this more.
Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this at the moment. But thanks again for informing me about this bug.

Ok, so I just tested this and you are quite right the boots from enigma don't seem to work. I haven't talked to them yet, but my guess is that the boots are not listed as an EquipShoeSlot.
The boot slot only accepts normal boots or accessories that are listed as a boot equip. I also noticed the boots don't render on the player. This is interesting because any boots in my boot slot also don't render. XD I will have to look into this more.
Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately I don't have a solution for this at the moment. But thanks again for informing me about this bug.
Yea theres no rush, just thought id let you know. I figured it defiantly wasn't working when I swapped the boot slot to the area under wing slot and it wouldn't let me put it in at all

Is this mod compatible with calamity and thorium?
Yes. I run both of those mods all the time. I am using them in current play through as well. I haven't found anything that interferes with them. Then again Magical Things doesn't really modify any major global properties so there shouldn't be a problem in the first place. That being said if you find something wrong just post it hear. If you like a particular thing let me know, I would love to hear it.

On a note. Most of the weapons won't be able to scale up all the way through Calamity. The dps needs get a little out of hand to keep up with Calalmity. :p

Is it possible for you to create a stand-alone mod for just the boots slot? Because I love the idea.

Is it possible for you to create a stand-alone mod for just the boots slot? Because I love the idea.
Hmm that should be no problem, making it like Accessories+ and a few others. But currently the shading still is broken. Although the having an extra slot is handy; until I can iron out the problems with it not drawing on the character and adding a better config file, I probably won't upload a boot slot only just yet. Although I do like the idea. I will make a note of this and see about adding it in the future.
Thanks!

I don't know if you have gotten any info about this problem but most items post slime king, created with gel in a solidifier doesn't work, like they aren't useable for some reason and its really annoying. Hope this can get fixed fast.

I don't know if you have gotten any info about this problem but most items post slime king, created with gel in a solidifier doesn't work, like they aren't useable for some reason and its really annoying. Hope this can get fixed fast.
I have just found out that there is nothing wrong with the mod, it was just another mod that was blocking me from using the weapons

I have just found out that there is nothing wrong with the mod, it was just another mod that was blocking me from using the weapons
Ah good. Thanks for letting me know. If it was blocking them, was it supposed to? Perhaps the damage values were to high for a tier or something. Either way thanks for letting me know!

I don't know if maybe I'm stupid or if the slot is hidden by some other hud element, but no matter if at default or in a different position in the config, I can't find the slot? I right clicked my boots and they went somewhere other than my normal accessories so I assume it works, I just can't find the slot LOL
Any help would be super appreciated!

I don't know if maybe I'm stupid or if the slot is hidden by some other hud element, but no matter if at default or in a different position in the config, I can't find the slot? I right clicked my boots and they went somewhere other than my normal accessories so I assume it works, I just can't find the slot LOL
Any help would be super appreciated!
By default the boot slot is on the equipment page (click the grappling hook above the armor slots.) But sometimes the mini map can get in the way if it is set for the main accessories page.
Example of Default:
equipment page.jpg
boot slot.jpg
Otherwise it might be hidden by something else. Let me know if you still can't find it.

By default the boot slot is on the equipment page (click the grappling hook above the armor slots.) But sometimes the mini map can get in the way if it is set for the main accessories page.
Example of Default:
Otherwise it might be hidden by something else. Let me know if you still can't find it.
Managed to find it, thank you!! I don't know what happened, a fresh install of the mod didn't work, I just now poked around in your mod's description and saw that you said 1 is accessories and 2 is equipment and remembered for some reason the config had it set to 5?? Super weird, but got it working! Love the placement in equipment btw, makes a hell of a lot of sense imo!

Managed to find it, thank you!! I don't know what happened, a fresh install of the mod didn't work, I just now poked around in your mod's description and saw that you said 1 is accessories and 2 is equipment and remembered for some reason the config had it set to 5?? Super weird, but got it working! Love the placement in equipment btw, makes a hell of a lot of sense imo!
Thanks for letting me know!
Sometime soon I need to get a proper config working, so it can be changed while in Terraria. That would take away some of the confusion. :D

Hmm, well the Young Valkyrie does shoot a default Terraria projectile. The sword beam is a melee attack, even though the minion itself is modified by summon damage.
I guess I will have to look into making my own projectile for the Young Valkyrie.
Thanks for letting me know.

The "Colored Damage Types" can help find issues like this

The "Colored Damage Types" can help find issues like this
Ah, thank you. Sounds very handy.
My thinking was whether or not to change it in the first place. The summon shoots a default projectile, so its damage will reflect that. But to reflect the appropriate damage bonuses I will probably have to fix a few of my summons projectiles.
Thanks for the recommendation, I will probably add this to my default modding list. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom