PC Main Menu left-click bug

AschTheConjurer

Terrarian
Just installed a few mods (though it doesn't seem to make sense that they'd be related) this evening and suddenly encountered an almost game-breaking bug:

Left-clicking when in any of Terraria's opening menus makes the cursor behave like I'm using a controller. To explain: The mouse cursor literally snaps to the positions of the first available button on a screen: The Singleplayer button on the main-main-menu, then the "Play" icons underneath the first character and map in their respective menus, or the first mod in my modlist, 'General' in the settings menu, that kinda thing.

I can navigate through menus by highlighting what I want with the cursor and pressing "Space" (or whatever i bind the key to in controls) and this works weel enoguh for now, with most things. I've removed the LMB keybind selecting things on the menus, but when I left-click the mouse cursor still snaps to the first available button on any screen (despite being unable to actually select those icons, since LMB isn't the 'Menu Use' keybind anymore). If I hold the Left Mouse Button down on any given menu, it stays locked into pixel-perfect-place on the first available button until I let LMB go.

The SOLE EXCEPTION to all this is on the keybinds menu, where Left-Clicking makes the cursor snap to the Controller Binds button, oddly enough.

MODS:

Item Customizer
ModItem Tooltips
Shader Library
Thorium Mod

Anyone know what's causing this? It's almost like the game's assuming i'm pressing the "A" button on a controller (although I haven't got one plugged in). In-game I also don't have this problem at all, nor in the pause menus.

Hello AschTheConjurer,

Unfortunately if any Mods are installed on your game, it is no longer valid as an official bug report. We can only offer official support from the vanilla version of the game.

This Thread has been moved to General Mod Discussions where other members who specialize in using/playing with Mods will be able to assist you better.

Alright, I've found the fix for this bug:

- Head to your equivalent of "C:\Users\[Your User Profile]\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader"
- Delete "input profiles.json"
- Profit

Although i don't think it's necessary, I also deleted "config.json" to be sure.

Remember to go into Settings and rebind any custom keybinds when you run Terraria again.

Also if anyone knows how to edit the thread title, a bit of advidce would be appreciated. Then i can change it to "Solved" or "Closed" or something

Back
Top Bottom