Blocks & Decoration Make a few more blocks renewable

MBCollector672

Terrarian
In 1.4 there were changes to make a lot of non-renewable blocks renewable/craftable (like the entire graveyard biome.) There are still some common blocks that aren't renewable though, so why not make them renewable?
Here's a few ideas I had (I got this list from the wiki)
Clay - Dirt and water, same recipe as mud (if this works)
Slush - Ice and water, maybe to make a version that cannot be used in the extractinator (or it could require things like gems to make it expensive)
Desert Fossil - Bones and hardened sand?
Hardened Sand - Sand (maybe more than 1?) and Ecto Mist at a workbench
Sandstone - 4 sand at a workbench (similar to Minecraft)
Ice - Bottomless water bucket or water bottles at an ice machine?
Thin Ice - Same as ice but with ecto mist too
Ash - Wood, campfire, and ecto mist (or just campfire)
Marble - Drops from hoplites similar to granite
Hellstone - Fished up in Obsidian/Hellstone crates

There are a few other blocks that cannot be renewed that would be cool (clouds/silt/hive/lihzahrd brick/probably more I can't think of) which I don't have any ideas for.
If this upsets game balance in some way (I don't think it will?) then I understand why it hasn't been done yet.

This sounds good. The slush does need to be more. The extractinator is too useful to be able to be used to that extent.

Do you mind if I include of these recipes in my mod? I’ll give you credit, of course.

Hmm... my concerns and suggested corrections
  • Clay - I think this probably shouldn't be renewable -- if you must, perhaps 10 ash+1 iron ore near water with ecto mist, for 10 blocks
  • Slush, silt, desert fossil - I don't think these should be renewable at all, but perhaps non-extractable versions could be made with ecto mist.
  • Hardened Sand, sandstone: these are biome gates, so probably shouldn't be renewable -- perhaps "sterile" versions that don't produce biome, via ecto mist.
  • Ice - If you can craft water buckets and leave the empty bucket, then that with an ice machine. Or even let an ice machine "breed" ice and snow 2:1, if it's near water
  • Thin Ice - Same as ice but with ecto mist
  • Ash - I'm not wild about using campfires for an ingredient -- maybe stone obsidian and wood near lava with ecto mist?
  • Marble, hellstone - maybe, but marble shouldn't be as plentiful as granite.

Last edited:
Sand should be renewable by throwing shells into an extracinator
I mean, it already is, but it's kinda nice to have the other option, mainly because antlion spawn conditions is not exactly conducive for skyblock maps.

Personally I would like Block bombs similar to Dirt Bombs for biome specific blocks - Snow/Sand/Ash/Mud

Would make them renewable and allows for much faster biome reconstitution and building - they're great for filling massive voids quickly, make blocks renewable, and can be used for pseudo-random terrain generation.

Personally I would like Block bombs similar to Dirt Bombs for biome specific blocks - Snow/Sand/Ash/Mud

Would make them renewable and allows for much faster biome reconstitution and building - they're great for filling massive voids quickly, make blocks renewable, and can be used for pseudo-random terrain generation
yeah, i feel like that would be seen in a mod

Back
Top Bottom