Blocks & Decoration Make Cloud blocks craftable

CDR_Xavier

Skeletron Prime
We need to be able to craft ice blocks and cloud blocks. Because right now if I want to make say a mushroom sky island I will need to go to another world and basically ruin it to get the cloud. Which isnt a lot of fun consider the difficulty in getting to that high without building anything.

Cloud blocks furthermore is not significant to the game (unlike say stone or dirt) and is primarily for asthetics (until update 1.4 that allow it to negate fall damage)

To craft cloud blocks I had thought of the following recipes:
make from nothing (wut) at a sky mill next to water
a bucket of water (but we need to get the bucket back) at sky mill

By extension we should also be able to craft ice and/or snow blocks.

Ice can either be made from:
two snow blocks (renewable) at ice machine
from nothing (wut) at ice machine next to water
a bucket of water (again, bucket back) at ice machine

I can't remember if we have crafting recipes that give you two different items and/or ones that give back items, so the one with bucket might be difficult to implement.

Alternatively, the sky mill and the ice machine can be coded that if you pour water on top of them (much like extractinator) they will drop the corresponding blocks (cloud and ice, respectively).

Which then lead to problems because while crafting stations like extractinator cannot exist within blocks as furnitures, they do not prevent liquids from existing inside their tiles.
To prevent "issues" like a sky mill (or ice machine) placed at the bottom of the ocean to just chug all the water away we can do:
  • Nothing (let the sky mill chug all the water away and make piles and piles of cloud)
  • prevent the sky mill from being able to exist underwater (e.g., pop as an item when water enters its bottom three tiles)
    • Which still raises questions on what happens if the water enters from above, but I think it's less of an issue
Or alternatively, make things like cloud bomb that act like the dirt bomb, which made dirt renewable. But I think it's not what the intended solution looks like.

Last edited:
Cloud blocks are now renewable via sky crates.

Edit. 1.4.4 seemed to do a LOT for renewability almost every single item that was previously non-renewable now is. So idk about ice, but maybe boreal crates?

Also, I personally would have preferred that those angry nimbus guys dropped rain cloud blocks instead. And for ice, the ice golem (that thing that drops frost cores).

Last edited:
Ice can be actually now made thanks to Ice Torches being converted to red ice blocks (or counterpart, didn't test that far)
Edit 1.4.4.5 now changes all torches to aether torches, so no Ice obtaining this way, only different world again
So you need snow biome (1500 snow blocks on PC,...) then Torch god's favor biome torch replacement and then place torches. Then get them back, Shimmer them, get corrupted ice blocks, place them, purify them with purification powder and now you have Ice.

In case you don't have snow biome, then activate christmas event and get Snow Globe to start Frost Legion invasion and collect enough (1500) blocks and place them.

But yeah maybe some other way would work as well. Maybe if shimmer would uncraft hallowed torches to not only sand version but also pink ice block then we could get Ice that way as well. I personally do like getting torch god favor to be able to renew resources like this. Could work for other finite resources as well for some more fun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom