NPCs & Enemies Make Deerclops Regenerate His HP Upon Every Player Near Him Dying

How do you feel about my proposed change?

• Approve

• Disapprove

• Neutral

Results are only viewable after voting.
There's one more concern to that. Deerclops has like 21 thousand health in Master Mode; no other enemy in PHM has that much (maaaybe other than Dungeon Guardian). You'd be more likely to die that way, which would fuel a vicious style. Maybe a regeneration of 5-10% HP per death could stop underprepared people from attempting while not punishing unlucky deaths too much.

Last edited:
There's one more concern to that. Deerclops has like 21 thousand health in Master Mode; no other enemy in PHM has that much (maaaybe other than Dungeon Guardian). You'd be more likely to die that way, which would fuel a vicious style. Maybe a regeneration of 5-10% HP per death could stop underprepared people from attempting while not punishing unlucky deaths too much.
Interesting idea.

Interesting idea. However, I think my change combined with lowering Deerclops' HP scaling would work better. 21,000 HP is a lot for any pre-Hardmode boss.

Interesting idea. However, I think my change combined with lowering Deerclops' HP scaling would work better. 21,000 HP is a lot for any pre-Hardmode boss.
For that, maybe cutting it to 5000-7000 HP for Master Mode (and changed accordingly for Expert/Normal/Journey modes) could work.

Maybe lower his health to like 5000 - 6000 in Classic mode, and reduce the scaling in higher difficulties from 2x/3x to 1.75x/2.625x. This would lower the max health to 8750 health in Expert and 13125 health in Master at minimum, and 10500 health in Expert and 15750 health in Master at maximum.

For reference, Queen Bee has 3400/4760/6069 max health, Skeletron has 4400/8800/11220 max health, and Wall of Flesh has 8000/11200/14280 max health (Classic/Expert/Master).

Last edited:
Maybe I'm delusional (and certainly whiny), but I wish a dev would respond to my idea or at least acknowledge it. Again, I think it's an elegant solution that's at least worth discussing, and it seems like most of the other people in this thread agree with me.

The devs have said that the higher health is specifically because you can die and restart. Any change to the despawn mechanic would probably decrease the health, too.

Leinfors said that he doesn't like to look at balancing threads when there's no update coming up, since it stresses him out about things he can't change, so there's a good chance no dev's are looking at this.

Back
Top Bottom