Weapons & Equip Make Empress Wings Better than Fishron Wings!

Terrablade101

Terrarian
As we all know, the Empress of Light was added into 1.4 as one of the new bosses. Progression wise, she CAN be fought post plantera, but she is extremely hard. She is definitely harder to defeat than Duke Fishron, and most players aren’t going to fight her until after Duke Fishron and the Holiday events. I feel that her wings should therefore be better. Right now, they are worse by a decent margin. I personally don’t think fishron wings should be nerfed as I love where they are, but simply that empress wings should be buffed. Let me know what you guys think about this. 1.4.1 is gonna come out eventually, so never say never!

As Derpling Omega and Jota Bame have said I think this is largely already accounted for as Duke and Empress are scaled to be in the same tier neither should be inherently better than the other it is a hard thing to balance especially with so many wing variants in the game to account for

As Derpling Omega and Jota Bame have said I think this is largely already accounted for as Duke and Empress are scaled to be in the same tier neither should be inherently better than the other it is a hard thing to balance especially with so many wing variants in the game to account for
Yeah, I suppose so. I feel like empress is much harder than duke to me, but maybe it’s just me. The ascending and flight time on her wings are good, but I think what really makes fishron wings better to me is their increased speed boost everywhere, while the empress wings can only go really fast when going up.

I'm just confused why the wings of the Empress of Light don't give off light or shed light particles. :dryadtongue:
That is a clear problem honestly like Fishron wings remove the slowdown in fluids Empress wings should emit bright light comparable to the wisp if worn in the accessory slots(not vanity)

Honestly between fishron wings, betsy wings, and empress wings. Fishron wings feel the weakest by far, thier only real advantage is a little bit of flight time wich is irrelevent when you get the soaring insignia.
Meanwhile Empress wings have much higher vertical speed, and betsy wings can accelerate up to max horizontal speed almost instantly completely removing the need for dash accesories.

Back
Top Bottom