Game Mechanics Make Mech Bosses Farmable Without Needing Multiple worlds.

You don't need multiple worlds to mine iron/lead. These metals are present in abundance on any single world. There's also sludge/silt, giving even more resources.
The amount of metal you dig up in one world would be enough to make hundreds of spawn tokens.
You're trying to fix something that is not broken.

No support, bad idea.

You don't need multiple worlds to mine iron/lead. These metals are present in abundance on any single world. There's also sludge/silt, giving even more resources.
The amount of metal you dig up in one world would be enough to make hundreds of spawn tokens.
You're trying to fix something that is not broken.

No support, bad idea.
One word: RNG

In all honesty, while I agree Hallowed Bars could have a better use as they become pretty much useless when you have crafted all you need out of them (money aside), you don't really need to grind mech bosses when you reach that point either. Plus, it is meant to favor exploring and it will take a good few ages to run out of iron/lead completelly including all that is naturally spawned plus extractinator.

Last edited:
1.Support
2.Support
3.OP Pre-Hardmode no support
i support everything minus the last and yeah they should use hallow bars too

One word: RNG
RNG is an acronym, not a word.
Anyway, there always is plenty of iron and lead in the ground, not even the mighty RNG can change that.
Gulp down a spelunker potion and you can get tons of it in no time.
This suggestion is unneeded.

Why not a item that can summon them without consuming itself (except in the case you die because of the boss)

Why not a item that can summon them without consuming itself (except in the case you die because of the boss)
Bosses shouldn't be summonable without a cost. Should be obvious why. Among a few things, people could effortlessly farm the crap out of them and it'd be a great trolling tool against other players.

Honestly not needed. I am not entirely sure why you need this many bosses, there really should not be a reason you need more than like, five of each (in terms of progression). If you're at the point where you can grind the mechs, it is not that hard to take a fast pick and go underground.

Please do not necropost your own thread. In more general-audience terms, please do not cause your own suggestion thread to be moved to the top of the forum after it's been inactive for a significant period of time. In your case, the thread has not been active since January, over half a year. For more information, consult a moderator.

Also, before you react, consider this: I could have just reported your post and been done with it, but decided to leave that as a last resort, at least until I'm sure the moderator will read this.

Last edited:
Guys, this is my first thread, so please note that.
So, I'll get to the point. Isn't it annoying how mech boss summoners need iron/lead bars? So, I propose a change(one out of 4).
1. Boss summoners could use a hallowed bar or of iron ones.(I mean u could use hallowed instead of iron)
2. Mech Bosses could drop iron/lead bars and souls.
Or, this:3. Hallowed bars could be crafted/" Vile Powdered" into iron. (1 way)
What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: or,
Bosses could drop "Mechanical Thingymabob"s, which could be crafted into another summoner.
I'm going to buck the norm and say as of 1.3, I think this is actually reasonable. Specifically, #1 and #3. (Not #2, I don't agree with that.)

I'm farming mech bosses in Expert for developer items. And as a result, I have a ton of Hallowed Bars. I have a whole chest full of stacks of 99 Hallowed Bars. And I have no use for them besides selling them. This would give them a use. Yes, I can probably collect iron/lead from elsewhere. And yes, I do do that. But time spent gathering the resources is time I could be fighting, playing events, building and so on. Free time is limited; I'd rather be doing something I want to do. :)
I think #3 would be best as it still requires some exploration / effort, but is more straightforward than iron/lead farming.
Updated OP, whatever that stands for.
It stands for Original Post or Original Poster. I.e. the first post in the thread or the person who started the thread respectively.
Please do not necropost your own thread. In more general-audience terms, please do not cause your own suggestion thread to be moved to the top of the forum after it's been inactive for a significant period of time. In your case, the thread has not been active since January, over half a year. For more information, consult a moderator.
While the community generally dislikes necro-ing, it is not wholly against the rules.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/player-suggestions-rules-guidelines.294/
"A member may bump their own threads under the condition that there is a significant amount of information being added to the suggestion and a reasonable amount of time has pasted[sic] since their last post. Bumping with little to no new information or for the purpose of raising a thread to the top of a section is strongly discouraged."
Having said that, it would have been better to say what was changed instead of just "updated the OP".

Edit: Further point:
It's also worth noting that Iron / Lead is already a very valuable resource for crafting and building. It's required in a significant number of furniture items; plus chains, anvils, doors, pumps, tracks, buckets and fences. Supplies can end up quite constrained.

Last edited:
As there's zero challenge in hunting down some iron, I think allowing hallowed bars in the recipe might be a good idea. There is a lot of iron in the world but if I want to fight a boss, I'd prefer not to shred through and delete chunks of my world when not necessary, plus iron has other uses.
exactly! It's not "hard" to get iron. It's just time consuming, and the time that could be better spent doing something you actually want to do.
I agree with the spirit of this suggestion. The point isn't about making it "easier", its about making it renewable. For example, let's say (I know, this never actually works out this way in Terraria) that a server with an average of 20 players stays up for about a year. It's going to be rather devoid of resources such as iron. I agree that it should be renewable.
As mentioned there is fishing, so it technically already is. In that regard, changes are unneccessary. But I do like the suggestion of making armored mobs drop scrap metal that can be turned into iron/lead. Either that, or make some mob drop silt/slush that can be extractinated.
this too. The key is (and this is often the cause of disagreement in gaming communities when discussing difficulty balance) differentiating types of difficulty. There's the good kind(s), any of which can be linked back to an enjoyable challenge of some sort, and then there's the bad kinds, often linked to some form of grindiness. Searching, or even fishing, for iron is not a fun challenge. Because of this, it probably shouldn't be mandatory for anything past the start of hardmode, especially when the mechanical bosses drop a magical metal already.
[Noah's first point]
So we have to wait for a random spawn before we can summon them? No thanks.

[Noah's second point]
That's Engine's way with Ocram. Frankly, I dislike that idea very very much. Iron/Lead ores are not rare. You can make a ton of stacks from just one world. And bars are renewable via fishing.

[Noah's third point]
No. Then you would get some mech-tier gears without defeating the bosses. And you can literally skip the first three hardmode ores armor sets and go straight to hallowed.

There's nothing wrong with the current recipe, so no support.
wait what? I'm pretty sure you didn't read the OP correctly, at least on the third point. He clearly indicated turning hallowed bars into iron ones, not the other way around.
What if they just had a "slush monster" that could be found underground and it dropped slush and stuff?
that would be AMAZING! And plus, that would also make gems and other metals renewable too!

Guys, this is my first thread, so please note that.

So, I'll get to the point. Isn't it annoying how mech boss summoners need iron/lead bars? So, I propose a change(one out of 4).
1. Boss summoners could use a hallowed bar or of iron ones.(I mean u could use hallowed instead of iron)
2. Mech Bosses could drop iron/lead bars and souls.
Or, this:3. Hallowed bars could be crafted/" Vile Powdered" into iron. (1 way)
What do you guys think? Any feedback is appreciated.
EDIT: or,
Bosses could drop "Mechanical Thingymabob"s, which could be crafted into another summoner.
Mech Bosses are already farmable. Fishing,Extractinator,etc. There is multiple ways to get more iron/lead you know :/

Back
Top Bottom