Weapons & Equip Make starting out a bit more enjoyable

Potato Gaming Cat

Official Terrarian
I suggest trying to improve the beginning, as it seems quite slow and painful to get the resources for the first boss. This has made me quit the game for a while, since I don't enjoy doing the same thing every single time. Im not sure how you can do it though.

That's unfortunate for you that you don't like the first section of Terraria for getting in.

It actually happens to be my favorite part of the game, as everything is new and unexplored. It's where the exploration part is at it's best.
Things like the starting items you find, and the first house you build, will also define how the rest of the playthrough looks like.

Just use journey mode, it starts you out with weak wings, iron tools, torches, rope, all of which you can research and have infinite of. Also, enemies are half as strong as in normal, or maybe even less.
You don't even have to use the Journey mode stuff if you don't want to.

I feel like a lot of the “slowness” from beginning a new playthrough comes from jumping straight from having all the mobility and hundreds of thousands of DPS to having 15 mph of movement snd a short jump and weak, trashy weapons. I started taking a 2-3 day break between playthroughs to make this transition less jarring (and avoid burnout).

You don't even have to use the Journey mode stuff if you don't want to.
Yes but this would be like someone asking for the ability to research items in other modes besides journey mode. It doesn’t make sense because that feature is already in journey mode. Also, if the player doesn’t want the journey mode features besides the better start loot the player can probably ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom