Game Mechanics Make Summon Staffs Not Cost Mana

The minions do not in any way get boosted from being summoned a second time. This only applies to sentries (and the sentries are about as fast and more costly than a frost staff).

Actually, I was being sarcastic. You get more dps from spamming say, an sdmg on top of a swarm of star cells, rather than making ONE of your minions fire faster.
Actually you can summon multiple minions. You could continually summon your minion on top of a enemy resulting in massive damage.

Actually you can summon multiple minions. You could continually summon your minion on top of a enemy resulting in massive damage.
It isn't massive as it's the same minion every time that has it's fire rate modified (only the newest minion is replaced). The damage increase isn't nearly as massive (noticibly) as firing a non summoner weapon instead.

Yes, you're so much more powerful spamming a minion summon than with using other weapons, that totally is how dps works.

Well, it's not that it's the DPS that's the issue (In fact, it's very far away from the fact to even begin with)
The issue is if you're using Summons alongside anything else, especially Magic.
You're not wasting any mana for magic items, so it's just free summons for those whom would use mana for magic weapons instead

Well, it's not that it's the DPS that's the issue (In fact, it's very far away from the fact to even begin with)
You're not wasting any mana for magic items, so it's just free summons for those whom would use mana for magic weapons instead
But magic isn't even the strongest option for impure summoners (in fact, it's usually the weakest, especially around plantera and earlygame.) and Mana Regeneration potions completely nullify the mana lost by summons. Why should you worry about magic being overpowered for summoner when BOTH melee and ranged are usually stronger and don't have any drawbacks?

They would not use it for that in most situations, as you do not always summon your minions when in battle.

Minions like hornets shoot a stinger right when they are summoned. That is why there is mana on summoner weapons

Attacking like that is objectively worse than using a regular weapon alongside your minions. Might as well buff True Summoner a bit like this.

Its pretty effective in early game and ufo staff does same thing

This is considering that you are doing an only summoner class play through
I dunno. It seems pretty weird to spam ufos in battle instead of using, lets say, Vampire Knifes? Or really any weapon for that matter. I'd even rather use a wooden sword then spam summons. It's just so boring and wimpy.

Minions like hornets shoot a stinger right when they are summoned. That is why there is mana on summoner weapons
You hinder yourself by doing that, as you have higher dps by using other weapons that aren’t summoner, especially if you have more than one minion.

I dunno. It seems pretty weird to spam ufos in battle instead of using, lets say, Vampire Knifes? Or really any weapon for that matter. I'd even rather use a wooden sword then spam summons. It's just so boring and wimpy.
You hinder yourself by doing that, as you have higher dps by using other weapons that aren’t summoner, especially if you have more than one minion.

This is considering that you are doing an only summoner class play through

Back
Top Bottom