Biomes & Nature Make sure things like this don't happen in prehm.

I don’t see how it’s less fair. Cross wired traps have been a thing for years. Like stepping on a trap and having 3 darts fire and 2 boulders drop. Unlike an explosive trap, you could at least potentially grapple away because you get a lot more time to react. Traps are designed to kill you and if they don’t, I’m sorry but they aren’t doing their job.
Make It That Normal Mode Worlds Have Pre-HM Enemy Statue Traps, And That Expert Worlds Have HM Enemy Statue Traps `:naughty:

Although I Guess He's Irritated About This Because When It Comes To The Traps That The Game Purposely Spawns, They Can Be Avoided Or Taken Head-On. I Mean, When You Have Crimson Rated Gear, And All Of A Sudden, You're Getting Murdered By Wraiths, Or Worse, Pigrons, That Doesn't Feel Too Good. But The Games World Generation Can Do Far Worse Things Then Putting The Wrong Statue In The Wrong Place, And As You Said, A Statue Spawned Hm Enemy Isn't A Death Sentence, Once You Know It's There.

Last edited:
That’s a good idea actually. I’d like to see more traps like that in expert mode.

I just feel like tackling the very rare ocassion where a hardmode statue intercepts a trap wire, is way too rare, specific, and small in the grand scheme of things, to be grounds for a change. Like in my countless hours of playing I’ve seen something like that maybe 3 times unless I placed it myself.

That’s a good idea actually. I’d like to see more traps like that in expert mode.

I just feel like tackling the very rare ocassion where a hardmode statue intercepts a trap wire, is way too rare, specific, and small in the grand scheme of things, to be grounds for a change. Like in my countless hours of playing I’ve seen something like that maybe 3 times unless I placed it myself.
I’ve done 18 playthroughs, and there’s been only two where I didn’t see it. I probably am just really unlucky :sigh:

Don't worry derpling, you're not the only one. I've stepped on two pressure plates at once, and this happened:
Two darts flew at me, followed by a Pigron, then a boulder dropped, and lastly, it blew up.

Normally i am very lucky, with statues without one part of the wire, but i remember about my unluckiest exploration day, i was walking and a dart hit me and i fallen to a boulder trap and i died, when i collected my money i stepped in another boulder trap and i died again, and when i was rerurning to my money i was hit by the same dart trap and a bat killed me.

It's happened to me before, I was exploring in early PHM and there was this dart trap I removed and then I stepped on the pressure plate and then...
*KReePi R4th Kakl1n InT3ns1f1eS*
The statue was actually quite far from the plate, and hidden too.

I kind of like these coincidental world gen traps the best example I have gotten was a natural crab trap intersecting with a wraith statue in a underground cabin in such a way to effectively spawn a natural wraith spamming crab engine. After that there was a mimic statue in the dungeon and a pigron statue though I never triggered the last one courtesy of the Grand Design.

It also happened in my world! I find this as an interesting and challenging trap for myself.
Interesting (until devs fixed this) because of the farming capabilities.
Challenging because of... Escaping from Unicorns in the Underground Cave with no items or weapons!

Back
Top Bottom