Biomes & Nature Make sure things like this don't happen in prehm.

Dapling

Duke Fishron
I once was exploring a mushroom biome in early game expert mode when I heard a click. I successfully jumped over the dart I saw coming and immediately got utterly smote by a unicorn. How did this happen? Turns out there was a unicorn statue between the pressure plate and the dart trap which had been hit by the wire, causing the statue to recieve a signal. I think there should be checks in place so you don't have to deal with a massive creature that just sits on you and kills you instantly. The worst part is I actually activated it more than once, but I had to grapple the ceiling and waste a lot of time shooting down at the unicorn. I've actually had this happen with wraiths, medusas, mimics (thankfully this one isn't that bad), and pigrons before. So I feel make statues of hardmode enemies (medusas, wraiths, pigrons, mimics, unicorns) unable to spawn in a place where they will get signaled by natural wires. There could be checks on world generation to prevent it. It's happened every other playthrough for me, but I don't know if this is common or I'm just extremely unlucky.

In 360 edition, in an underground lake, there was a dart trap, jellyfish statue, and shark statue activated by one pressure plate. Yes, this was rather infuriating lol.

While I have luckily never had this happen to me, I would prefer it if Hardmode enemies did not spawn from statues until Hardmode. But your idea of making sure statues do not spawn in place of wires would also be a better solution, but at the same time it could be reworked into actual traps.
afaik they are found as legit traps in underground cabins sometimes, but I'd rather not have to jump over a dart only to land on a nearly invincible enemy.

These traps are actually set up on purpose, since a few updates ago enemy statues spawn on top of wire.
Yes, but these only appear in cabins and they're never anything especially threatening (slime, bats, skeletons...) I'm talking about where a statue happens to generate in a dart trap without modifying the wiring and you instinctively jump only to have something far stronger than intended attacking you.

Although it happens very rarely (I don't think I seen this very often in any of my playthroughs so far)... but, yeah, it can catch you very off guard if it does. But... it's that what these sort of traps are about? It's a bit like a boulder trap, that will probably squish you the very first time you find one. But once you know them, they're much less dangerous. Statues are probably the same? You fall victim of them once, but next time when you revisit the place you can avoid them or dismantle them.

It's still much less annoying than hidden explosives wired to a pressure plate. XD That thing is absolute horrible XD

Although it happens very rarely (I don't think I seen this very often in any of my playthroughs so far)... but, yeah, it can catch you very off guard if it does. But... it's that what these sort of traps are about? It's a bit like a boulder trap, that will probably squish you the very first time you find one. But once you know them, they're much less dangerous. Statues are probably the same? You fall victim of them once, but next time when you revisit the place you can avoid them or dismantle them.

It's still much less annoying than hidden explosives wired to a pressure plate. XD That thing is absolute horrible XD
Statues really aren't the same. If you don't identify where the statue is because of how fast you die then you keep getting mauled by pigrons or unicorns until you manage to illuminate the statue and isolate it. The only reason my example in the OP happened twice is because it was a glowing mushroom biome and I was able to see the statue while I was respawning.

Statues really aren't the same. If you don't identify where the statue is because of how fast you die then you keep getting mauled by pigrons or unicorns until you manage to illuminate the statue and isolate it. The only reason my example in the OP happened twice is because it was a glowing mushroom biome and I was able to see the statue while I was respawning.

Well, yeah, but if you want to dismantle the trap, you could just pick up the pressure plate... Once you stepped on it, you very likely know where it is. And then if you hold the pressure plate in hand, it should show the wires too, I think, so it would help with finding the statue too, if you want to dismantle it, or collect it or anything...

i think you are unlucky,but i did get hardmode enemies statues
I think I was just mad at this because of how much it had happened to me when I made this thread. It's only NOT happened in my melee playthrough and my second expert ranger playthrough... So I think I was just irritated.

I once was exploring a mushroom biome in early game expert mode when I heard a click. I successfully jumped over the dart I saw coming and immediately got utterly smote by a unicorn. How did this happen? Turns out there was a unicorn statue between the pressure plate and the dart trap which had been hit by the wire, causing the statue to recieve a signal. I think there should be checks in place so you don't have to deal with a massive creature that just sits on you and kills you instantly. The worst part is I actually activated it more than once, but I had to grapple the ceiling and waste a lot of time shooting down at the unicorn. I've actually had this happen with wraiths, medusas, mimics (thankfully this one isn't that bad), and pigrons before. So I feel make statues of hardmode enemies (medusas, wraiths, pigrons, mimics, unicorns) unable to spawn in a place where they will get signaled by natural wires. There could be checks on world generation to prevent it. It's happened every other playthrough for me, but I don't know if this is common or I'm just extremely unlucky.
I feel ya bro. *chest statue flasbacks*

Statues are traps, like boulders, dart traps, and lihzard traps. "Statues were made to farm!", default traps can also be helpful in events or etc. I don't think developers would change this. This is the same thing as saying "remove boulders cuz they are annoying".

Statues are traps, like boulders, dart traps, and lihzard traps. "Statues were made to farm!", default traps can also be helpful in events or etc. I don't think developers would change this. This is the same thing as saying "remove boulders cuz they are annoying".
This isn't like a boulder trap. This is when world generation decides to dump a statue between a dart trap and a pressure plate, making it activate both entirely on accident.

This isn't like a boulder trap. This is when world generation decides to dump a statue between a dart trap and a pressure plate, making it activate both entirely on accident.
oh, make it an additional challenge then ;P
I think developers are going to change only if it weren't their purpose

I’d say to keep it. In terraria we already have dynamite traps (not the ones on the ore, like legit traps that one shot you). These are rare, but I feel like hardmode statues hooked up to wires are extra rare. They will both kill you almost instantly if you aren’t careful. You can just go back afterwards and break the plate after the unicorn despawned. Sure it sucks if you are doing hardcore, but that’s how hardcore is, if you aren’t paying attention, you gon’ die. I understand it might be frustrating to die to, but I feel like if it was a dynamite trap, people would be less likely to think it’s an issue.

I’d say to keep it. In terraria we already have dynamite traps (not the ones on the ore, like legit traps that one shot you). These are rare, but I feel like hardmode statues hooked up to wires are extra rare. They will both kill you almost instantly if you aren’t careful. You can just go back afterwards and break the plate after the unicorn despawned. Sure it sucks if you are doing hardcore, but that’s how hardcore is, if you aren’t paying attention, you gon’ die. I understand it might be frustrating to die to, but I feel like if it was a dynamite trap, people would be less likely to think it’s an issue.
I'm fine with statues like that spawning by themselves. I am NOT fine with it happening on accident, as my logic when seeing the plate across from a dart trap is
-The dart trap is the only thing that's going to attack me.
-I will have to jump to avoid it.

It's even LESS fair than an explosive trap, and that's entirely because it's unintentional. Again, I'm fine with having hardmode enemy statues, so long as they're not stacked on something else, forcing you to react to multiple things at once.

I don’t see how it’s less fair. Cross wired traps have been a thing for years. Like stepping on a trap and having 3 darts fire and 2 boulders drop. Unlike an explosive trap, you could at least potentially grapple away because you get a lot more time to react. Traps are designed to kill you and if they don’t, I’m sorry but they aren’t doing their job.

Back
Top Bottom