Items Make the Celestial Sigil a non consumable item

No, the justification is that it's annoying to get. I'm starting to think you have reading comprehension issues.

Sure, it's less annoying now but only the Moon Lord has the extra major annoyance of having to kill another boss and completing an entire event to get the summoning item.

Either way I don't care if this never gets added, since I only play Journey Mode, instead I'd like summoning items for the Lunatic Cultist and Plantera but that's another issue entirely.
Try and keep things respectful please, no need to be rude!

Plantera has the bulb and the cultist is always at the dungeon. As for "the annoyance of having to kill another boss and completing an entire event to get the summoning item", keep in mind the Moon lord is supposed to be the final boss/the End goal. In my opinion they made it FAR too easy now. They decreased the cost of the sigil (which I felt was balanced at 20) to 12, made it only take 12 seconds instead of 60 AND THE MOON LORD DROPS TWO WEAPONS NOW??? who thought that was a good idea. Its op, unbalanced, unful, and does not feel rewarding... but "yOu CaN gEt zEniTh fAsTeR". Faster/easier is not always better.
It's true that the whole ritual for summoning the Moon Lord without a Sigil is part of the challenge of beating the final boss of the game (also building up the suspense, etc), but the reasoning behind the changes is, I believe, that after doing the ritual a few times it loses all novelty factor and you're just left with a lengthy chore. Although I did kind of like the suspense of waiting for the Moon Lord to appear even when using a Sigil. 60 seconds was too long for those cases but 12 seconds feels like nothing.

Also, since they added Empress I've felt her daytime version is the true final boss of the game, not the Moon Lord, maybe this has something to do with the Moon Lord changes too.

As for the Moon Lord dropping two weapons, maybe you don't feel like it's a good idea right now but if they ever add more weapons to his drop pool, you'll start to move towards agreeing with this change (unless they also make him drop three weapons, lol).

Back
Top Bottom