Biomes & Nature Make the Corruption/Crimson more consistent with the hallow.

Which of these changes would you want most?

• None of them.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Save the Jungle.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Let NPCs move into the world evils.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Add a New Potion.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I feel like _____ would be a better choice (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters

Dapling

Duke Fishron
The corruption and crimson are currently assymetric with the hallow in a few respects. It just seems odd to me how outdated they feel compared to it. Here are a few things I feel could be changed.

• Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle? There is so much necessary content in the jungle that it can grind your run to a complete and utter halt, and people have been complaining about this since before 1.3. PLEASE make the jungle immune to it, there isn't any reason not to at this point.
  • Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.
  • Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.

Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle?

Because it's a ridiculously slow process that takes a very, very long time to have any real consequence in your world. You are never going to have problems because there is a bit of Corruption/Crimson in your Jungle.

Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.

Sure, why not. It's not like bases get corrupted unless they are built literally next to the evil biome.

Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.

Gotta Fix every last Corruption/Crimson inconsistency.

Because it's a ridiculously slow process that takes a very, very long time to have any real consequence in your world. You are never going to have problems because there is a bit of Corruption/Crimson in your Jungle.
I recently lost one of my best jungle fishing spots to the corruption, simply because of the hardmode burst. It sucks when the corruption spawns close to the jungle when it's basically a 50% chance to get your jungle permanently damaged in one spot. I guess I have a minor obsession with the jungle, so that's why I always groan when I see a world evil spawn close to it.

I think the fact that the one thing you lost to Corruption was a simple lake because of the original V spawn speaks for itself. The evil biomes are annoying but that's about it.

I think the fact that the one thing you lost to Corruption was a simple lake because of the original V spawn speaks for itself. The evil biomes are annoying but that's about it.
I invest lots of time into my worlds and I don't want to have to pray that the hallow spawns on the jungle side every single time. It seems just much easier for it to not have the ability to turn mud into dirt and really doesn't affect balance in any way. At the very least just make it so corrupt and crimtane grass can grow on mud rather then permanently damage it.

I feel like just because something that damaging to every playthrough has a possibility to happen means we should at least have some protection against it.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever seen anyone be against this. First time, first time.
Pretty much every time I have a world go into Hardmode, the Crimson or Corruption just splits the Jungle immediately. If they don't, they just eat, like, a third of it from the side. Maybe my luck is just dead, but the evils ALWAYS cause me Jungle problems.

I'm the type of guy that always gets the Corruption/Crimson exactly on top of the Jungle, and the evil half of the "V" always stalks it as well. I'm also someone who takes his damned time to progress in Hardmode.

Here is a picture of my recent (finished) run, where the Crimson was especially annoying on my unusually small Jungle:
20191021210848_1.jpg

There is barely any Crimson Underground at all. Sure, that entrance to the main thing and the Surface look ugly as hell, but the rest of the Jungle is practically untouched. (Note, that spot on the right is entirely from the "V", I've never seen that Crimsoned part spread any bigger). And this is again, a especially rare case where the Jungle was small and the Crimson spawned almost on it (Pic shows the top half of the Underground, I should add).

Actually, as some side notes on jungle and other biomes, and, why is it not that surprising to see that on that screenshot, that is, the jungle do has a self-defense mechanism. that is, chlorophyte. if there is clorophyte ore somewhere, the evil can't overtake anything there.
However, clorophyte only grows in the underground jungle, so the surface is completely unprotected. Plus, upon entering hardmode, it teakes some time for clorophyte to grow, so in the unfortunate situation if the V's evil side impales your jungle (it happened for me on multiple maps) there's nothing much to do but clean at least some of it, because it could turn uggly... but, after that, until you don't mine all the clorophyte in those areas that are near the evil, it can't overtake anything.

oh, and, on which side the V's evil and good side spawns on... I read somewhere that the dungeon's color works as an indicator for that
blue dungeon - evil on the left
pink dungeon - evil on the right
green dungeon - random
not 100% sure about this, but I think it indeed works like that.
if it indeed works like this, then that can be used to determinate from the start, whether upon entering hardmode, the evil will appear on the jungle's side, or not (at least if the dungeon is blue or pink)

would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution)
These come from a Blood Moon / Solar Eclipse, not the biome the NPC is in. There are very few items sold in the Corruption/Crimson - the only items that come to mind are paintings. For that, you can use a King or Queen statue to teleport NPCs.

These come from a Blood Moon / Solar Eclipse, not the biome the NPC is in. There are very few items sold in the Corruption/Crimson - the only items that come to mind are paintings. For that, you can use a King or Queen statue to teleport NPCs.
Yes, I knew that. I consider waiting night after night for one of these events to happen grinding.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone be against this. First time, first time.
Pretty much every time I have a world go into Hardmode, the Crimson or Corruption just splits the Jungle immediately. If they don't, they just eat, like, a third of it from the side. Maybe my luck is just dead, but the evils ALWAYS cause me Jungle problems.
The same thing happens to me except when it misses it gets about 3/4 of my Jungle

Back
Top Bottom