Biomes & Nature Make the Corruption/Crimson more consistent with the hallow.

Which of these changes would you want most?

• None of them.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Save the Jungle.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Let NPCs move into the world evils.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Add a New Potion.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I feel like _____ would be a better choice (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
corruption and crimson already have 2 exclusive potions:
thorns potion (corruption-exclusive) - heart reach potion (crimson-exclusive)
wrath potion (corruption-exclusive) - rage potion (crimson-exclusive)
they're already equal in that point, not ng fishing, but doing this would break the equilibrium between the two biomes unless you mistaken corruption with hallow in your potion.

The corruption and crimson are currently assymetric with the hallow in a few respects. It just seems odd to me how outdated they feel compared to it. Here are a few things I feel could be changed.

• Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle? There is so much necessary content in the jungle that it can grind your run to a complete and utter halt, and people have been complaining about this since before 1.3. PLEASE make the jungle immune to it, there isn't any reason not to at this point.
  • Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.
  • Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.
What if instead of making the jungle immune it just grows over mud?

Tip: when evil threatens your jungle, plant hollow blocks near the risked area

Tip: evil cant affect glowing mushroom biomes, so it may help to sacrifice a piece of jungle to build a defense mechanism of truffle grass

Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle? There is so much necessary content in the jungle that it can grind your run to a complete and utter halt, and people have been complaining about this since before 1.3. PLEASE make the jungle immune to it, there isn't any reason not to at this point.
Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually bothered that the hallow DOESN'T takeover the jungle. The jungle is way bigger then the area that the new biomes takeover, so losing the jungle has never been an issue for me. However when the hallow goes straight through the jungle you have a much harder time getting underground hallow loot, which is also quite important for progression.

Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.
Having occupied houses actually reduces the spawn rate of hostile npcs, when you have a whole town almost none of them spawn. Although vents like the bloodmoon disable this so it is as simple as flipping a switch.

Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.
purple clubberfish: Am I a joke to you?
Everyone: yes yes you are.

Unpopular opinion, but I'm actually bothered that the hallow DOESN'T takeover the jungle. The jungle is way bigger then the area that the new biomes takeover, so losing the jungle has never been an issue for me. However when the hallow goes straight through the jungle you have a much harder time getting underground hallow loot, which is also quite important for progression.
It’s fine for the jungle to get infected. But it should AT LEAST be repairable with green solution instead of permanently lost. Especially from the hardmode burst.

I think jungle could be 3-5 times more resistant to evil biomes as other biomes, and immune to hallow, and the game could force-remove evil from the jungle on world spawn.

I think jungle could be 3-5 times more resistant to evil biomes as other biomes, and immune to hallow, and the game could force-remove evil from the jungle on world spawn.
The jungle is basicly already immune to the hollow, it is so frustrating when the hallow tries to take over where the jungle is and just not end up barely existing because of it. It makes it a lot harder to get crystal shards which grow on peralstone.

The jungle is basicly already immune to the hollow, it is so frustrating when the hallow tries to take over where the jungle is and just not end up barely existing because of it. It makes it a lot harder to get crystal shards which grow on peralstone.
It's better than the alternative, which is to have plantera be even more annoying to find...

I think you are right with the jungle thing, It is annoying to make hellevators in the jungle biome just to stop the spreading of the Evil Biomes, Maybe Re-Logic should give a look at your post, It would really help if the Jungle were immune to the Spreading of the Evil Biomes : [

I'm thinking, make it so the jungle can spread. Well, I mean not spread infinitely. I'm thinking, if it gets corrupted, the jungle will spread until there is a certain amount of jungle blocks in the world (depends on world size), transforming dirt to mud.

Honestly, this wouldn't be nearly as much of an issue if worldgen didnt constantly spawn Evil Biome and Jungle on top of each other. If not for that, then there really wouldn't be any overly harmful consequences from Hardmode spread, even if V happens to hit the jungle. But since the worldgen likes to overlap the two, the moment Hardmode begins, most of Surface Jungle is as good as permanently gone from the world.

Right now, the evil/hallow biome spread is the one aspect that's ruining this game for me. I have a large world that I've spent a lot of time on, but the crimson and hallow has taken over a large portion of my underground. The worst part is that my town is in a desert, so I'm constantly having to go underground and spam green solution everywhere to push back the crimson. A few minutes later, the Hallow will start expanding into my underground desert, and I'm back underground again spraying green solution everywhere. My jungle is nearly eradicated, both of my coasts are totally corrupted, and there's no way to clean any of this up- I'm afraid to even go back into my world at this point, because it's spreading faster than I can cleanse it. Tedit doesn't even work, for whatever reason it won't load my world.

Crimson and Corruption should convert Jungle grass/thorns at half the speed it normally would.

For large worlds this isn't normally a huge issue, but for small worlds assuming you don't speed run the game you're in very real danger of getting soft-locked when Plantera Bulbs fail to spawn or have a drastically decreased chance of spawning.

Add a placeable item (like a purity altar) that automatically purifies blocks within a large radius around itself.

Once you've beaten the Moonlord, that's it- you've won the game. At this stage of the game, the developers are clearly okay with you utilizing weapons and equipment that are totally overpowered; the Zenith sword and all of the Solar/Luminite gear are a clear indication of this. So... why is there no permanent solution to the biome spread?

This effectively makes every non-Journey world temporary; it's virtually impossible to stop the biome spread after a certain point and to make matters even worse, there can be random spots of evil biome/hallow spreading due to the smashing of altars.

I understand that it's "technically" my fault for letting the biomes spread as much as they did, but that doesn't change the fact that I'm losing my world and literally over a hundred hours of invested time due to a mechanic that, admittedly, feels unpolished.

This "purity altar" would simply perform the same function as the clentaminator/green solution, detecting random corrupt blocks within a large radius around itself and purifying it. This item should operate at a speed fast enough to counteract the spread of the biomes through regular stone, and it should be expensive to purchase- say, 5-7 platinum. As a post-Moonlord drop with immense utility and potential, that feels fair.

Why couldn't we give the Jungle its own form of Jungle Grass Sunflower? Subdividing 'Common Sunflower' with 'Tropical Sunflower' with different planting conditions to protect the jungle until hard mode where corruption spreaders can bypass it.

Both of these proposed live within the state of Florida (which you might regard the everglades slightly tropical), as all sunflowers originate from the Americas, as you can see they do have a significant aesthetic difference with regular sunflowers.

Helianthus floridanus - National sunflower species of the state of Florida, aesthetically wider headed than Helianthus carnosus

1590395402898.jpeg

Helianthus carnosus - rarer species of sunflower

1590395582374.jpeg

Honestly, I think evil versions of the Jungle or a Jungle-specific solution would be the best solutions (ha) to this issue. The former would take a while to make, but it could introduce much more content to the game, while the latter would be much easier to make but wouldn't add much to the game. The solution could replace dirt with mud, and grass with jungle grass.

The corruption and crimson are currently assymetric with the hallow in a few respects. It just seems odd to me how outdated they feel compared to it. Here are a few things I feel could be changed.

• Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle? There is so much necessary content in the jungle that it can grind your run to a complete and utter halt, and people have been complaining about this since before 1.3. PLEASE make the jungle immune to it, there isn't any reason not to at this point.
  • Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.
  • Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.

We can't save the jungle because:
1. It would take to much time for make an "anti-evil algorithm to protect stone and grass on jungle from being corrupted"
2. It would take too much hotfixes
3. The jungle is generated on a mid-corner of the world, the same place where hallow and the evil biomes are generated on hardmode.

Npcs on evil biomes would be nice, and maybe even evil biomes exclusive npcs.
More potion? This isn't the awnser, maybe more 2 new monsters for corruption? ( because crimson have 2+monsters than corruption)

Back
Top Bottom