Biomes & Nature Make the Corruption/Crimson more consistent with the hallow.

Which of these changes would you want most?

• None of them.

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Save the Jungle.

Votes: 58 75.3%
  • Let NPCs move into the world evils.

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Add a New Potion.

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • I feel like _____ would be a better choice (Please Specify)

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
We can't save the jungle because:
1. It would take to much time for make an "anti-evil algorithm to protect stone and grass on jungle from being corrupted"
2. It would take too much hotfixes
3. The jungle is generated on a mid-corner of the world, the same place where hallow and the evil biomes are generated on hardmode.

Npcs on evil biomes would be nice, and maybe even evil biomes exclusive npcs.
More potion? Of course, this would make corruption be equalized with crimson (crimson have more contend and it's harder than corruption)
It would just need to put mud, jungle grass, and any stone or dirt in the vicinity of it in the list of do not corrupt.

but then this would only work on jungle, if you weren't on the jungle, a simple mistake would make the evil spread works when you're on desert for example. And the evil spread would stop in all places when you're on jungle. They would add a algorithm to make the GAME separate the biomes without a player

I updated the threat
Ok, I think it being a natural barrier makes alot of sense, given how enriched with danger it is. And gameplay wise, when was the last time you said "you know, this is pretty fun, but you know what sound make it better? Having to fight a spreading corruption that is nearly impossible to perminatly push back without massive amounts of time sinks."

With "without the player" I mean the corruption spread "save the jungle" mechanic works no matter where the player is, I didn't mean you grab a clementinator (it's hard to explain it with messages and in english)

Last edited:
funniest thing about crimson and courruption is that they become really ignorable in hard mode, mostly becuase there is no hard mode boss,
The only real reason we have hallow in our worlds ENDGAME is because there is a grindable boss, eol.

for those who chose save the jungle I have TWO words for you.... journey mode.....

funniest thing about crimson and courruption is that they become really ignorable in hard mode, mostly becuase there is no hard mode boss,
The only real reason we have hallow in our worlds ENDGAME is because there is a grindable boss, eol.

for those who chose save the jungle I have TWO words for you.... journey mode.....
why the hell do so many people think we are willing to start a NEW WORLD WITH ZERO PROGRESS JUST TO BASICALLY CHEAT AND REMOVE NUISANCES seriously stop bringing up the "use journey mode" many of us are already focused and in too deep on these worlds and characters without this creative mode.

why the hell do so many people think we are willing to start a NEW WORLD WITH ZERO PROGRESS JUST TO BASICALLY CHEAT AND REMOVE NUISANCES seriously stop bringing up the "use journey mode" many of us are already focused and in too deep on these worlds and characters without this creative mode.
bruh chill Im just making a suggestion

I dislike mud being turned to dirt. Mud is the Terraria equivalent of the Minecraft dirt block (OP, useful, and looks great)
I carry around 999 mud in most of my worlds because mud = best block.

The corruption and crimson are currently assymetric with the hallow in a few respects. It just seems odd to me how outdated they feel compared to it. Here are a few things I feel could be changed.

• Why on earth do the corruption and crimson still permanently damage the jungle? There is so much necessary content in the jungle that it can grind your run to a complete and utter halt, and people have been complaining about this since before 1.3. PLEASE make the jungle immune to it, there isn't any reason not to at this point.
  • Let NPCs move into houses in the corruption/crimson. Doing this already wouldn't be risk free because of the strong enemies in the respective biomes and would also remove grinding for many items that you shouldn't have to grind for (looking at you, purple and red solution). Plus, it would remove the massive trolling potential of planting corrupt/crimtane seeds in a cave just below a colony and stealing all the NPCs from them.
  • Add more potion fish to the corruption. There aren't as many corruption exclusive ingredients as both the crimson and hallow, so add a new one. Possible ideas are a potion that increases item grab range or a potion that increases the drop rate of hearts.
About the jungle, it’s unaffected by the Hallow, so take a clentaminator with the right solution and spray around.

About the jungle, it’s unaffected by the Hallow, so take a clentaminator with the right solution and spray around.
Unless things have been substantially changed from 1.2 or 1.3 with regards to this mechanic while this seems like a good idea on paper for some ungodly reason they made it so hallow solution converts jungle grass to hallow even though hallow can't naturally infect jungle grass. You can get around that by spraying dark blue solution to convert all the Jungle to mushroom first but that shouldn't be needed in the first place.

Unless things have been substantially changed from 1.2 or 1.3 with regards to this mechanic while this seems like a good idea on paper for some ungodly reason they made it so hallow solution converts jungle grass to hallow even though hallow can't naturally infect jungle grass. You can get around that by spraying dark blue solution to convert all the Jungle to mushroom first but that shouldn't be needed in the first place.
Oh. Then spray a border around it.

Back
Top Bottom